I started to wear my watch again!

@Sreekala (22720)
Dear friends, On reading the title you may feel what is ‘special’ on it? It has been long time I abandoned my watch, though not purposely. Its chain was broken so I kept it without repairing. All of a sudden I felt to use the watch again so I given the same in watch shop, the mechanic put new battery in it and changed its broken chain. I prefer to put a ‘strap’ instead of golden chain this time. This watch gifted by my elder sister 10 years ago from Dubai. I used the same only on functions, not on regular basis. The watch still looks ‘new’ and golden colour was not faded at all. But it looses some pin which I could not regain. The mechanic told me it is difficult to get the chain as there was not available in his shop. So I opted for ‘strap’ just for a change. Now I may wear the same on regular basis. But I always forget I am wearing a watch and check the time in mobile. I know most of the people depending mobile phone for finding time instead of a watch. Do you wear a watch on regular basis?
@ridingbet (50030)
a wrist watch is part of a nurse's uniform and yes i have to wear one. but sometimes when i go to the city for some errands, i do not wear one, and rely on the time in my phone.
@Sreekala (22720)
Yes, I think some professions need the wristwatch to perform their duty well. For me, I am working in an office and I have so many other methods to look on time.
@ridingbet (50030)
@Sreekala right, or don't you have a table clock on your desk?
@Sreekala (22720)
@ridingbet Yes, that is why I said I have so many other methods to look on time. I am not at all depended on my wrist watch.
@vsai2008 (7671)
Mobile phones replaced lot of things, watch being one of them, I too abandoned wearing watch long time ago
@Sreekala (22720)
But try to start the habit if you have one. I feel so good on wearing it again.
@vsai2008 (7671)
@Sreekala Hahaha okay, I will try, and if I remember, I would for sure LOL
@ilocosboy (34311)
Can I see your watch, it must be good. My vintage Seiko watch stop turning again so I didn't it these days.
@Sreekala (22720)
I will upload an image. Actually my mobile camera is not good that is why I skipped an image of it.
@ilocosboy (34311)
@Sreekala I'm just excited to see the photo he he.
@vandana7 (63805)
Nowadays it seems so useless because cell phone has enough information in it. lol. But sometimes I do wear it, knowing fully well that I won't be looking at it.
@Sreekala (22720)
haha I agree. But after wearing it some way I feel proud on it.
@Jotomy (6355)
I also stopped wearing watch since long since i am using mobile for everything. If i want to see timings then i just see on the top of the mobile and i can see the date and time also.
@Sreekala (22720)
I stopped using it when my watch got damaged. I felt inconvenienced in the initial days then I used with 'mobile'. Now I am comfortable without a watch but I feel good on wearing it again.
@Jotomy (6355)
@Sreekala for me it is difficult to wear and protect the watch in the busy buses while travelling so I am not keeping much interest in wearing watch now
@Sreekala (22720)
@Jotomy I am wearing it still and I don't have such uncomfortable feelings. How are you and how was holi?
@DaddyEvil (24028)
• Aurora, Missouri
LOL! Yes, I wear my watch every day that I leave my house, even if I am only going outside. (I always have my cell phone on me, but have never used it to check the time or date. My watch shows time and date, both.)
@Sreekala (22720)
haha Even after I started to wear my watch I often forgot I am wearing the watch and check time in mobile. Slowly I started to regain the habit of checking time in my wrist watch.
@DaddyEvil (24028)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Sreekala Many people here ask me the time and date since I am wearing a watch, rather than check their phone for either. LOL!
There's not a day that I don't wear a watch at all. I always wear a wrist watch every single day.
@Sreekala (22720)
I really salute you. On change of time I also changed my habit of wearing watch.
@Sreekala I consider my watch as an accessory so it has to match what I wear for the day. So I can't be without it.
@mandala100 (39459)
@Sreekala I still have my wrist watch my friend.
@Sreekala (22720)
That is really great. Have you check time on it?
@mandala100 (39459)
@Sreekala Yes my friend always.
• Trinidad And Tobago
It has been years for me. When I was teaching I would unstrap my watch and put it on my desk and look at the time when I felt I should be close to wrapping things up. I think it irritates my skin now. I recently bought a pocket watch online but I can't get someone to put in new batteries and start it. Watch repair shops are getting scarcer and scarcer.
@Sreekala (22720)
I agree, if we left some habits then we will be used with the same even though we may feel bit uncomfortable on the initial days. In life, this is applicable everywhere. I am wearing my watch but I can do without the same. Now the mobile phone is helping us to find the time easily.
@prashu228 (25820)
Yrs I wear watch every day. I got used to it. Glad that you started wearing it again
@Sreekala (22720)
Actually I didn’t feel it is a must so neglected my watch. I won’t do the same again.
@hillwill (824)
I love my watch roo.
@Sreekala (22720)
Good, now I too started to love it.
• Japan
I always wear a watch. I grew up before everyone used cell phones for their time. I also like analog watch better than digital. My watch has a solar battery so it has been running for more than ten years. I just need to make sure that I expose it to the light when I am outside.
@Sreekala (22720)
That is really great to know that the battery is running on solar energy.
@m_audrey6788 (13844)
I used to love wearing wrist watches but now, I`m more comfortable not wearing it
@Sreekala (22720)
Earlier, I become ready to go out after wearing the wrist watch too. Slowly I changed my habit. Once I damaged my old watch so there was no watch for me. That may be the reason, I used to go out without the same.
@Sreekala ..Well..I used to wear but someone always takes it away from me..So, I just stopped wearing it
@Sreekala (22720)
@m_audrey6788 That happened with me too. My hubby's niece taken my watch earlier as she needed one second needle watch (hers was without the same) as she was on medical field. I got her watch and it become damaged soon too. Later I got this watch.
@kepweng (13407)
i wear my watch often sometimes i forget it what brand is your watch rolex?
@Sreekala (22720)
Lordson is the name written in it.
@kepweng (13407)
@Sreekala Lordson?? from which country that made?
Yes, I always wear a watch whenever I go out of the house. Without it, I feel at a loss and don't like taking out my mobile phone from the bag just to look at the hour. When I forgot to have a watch on my wrist, I would still always look at my left arm to look , what hour it is already. Sometimes, someone sees me like that, and I think I blushed.
I watch when ever I go to a bit far away places. Unfortunately, I have not adjusted the clock in my watch.
@velvet53 (16364)
• Palisade, Colorado
I haven't worn one for years but I have been thinking that I should. Maybe I will get mine out and start wearing it again.
@YrNemo (11747)
I am a watch terminator, so I haven't worn one again after killing the number 7 one .