That was yummy "oily brinjal gravy"....

Chennai, India
Our aunt has come home and staying with us for few days. We enjoy her company. No wonder she is a great person in cooking with perfect talent. My co-sister and I have a good time learning few cooking tips from her like preparing perfect round shaped rotis, how to fry things and much more. Last night she prepared a gravy with brinjal. That was the side-dish for chapathi. It was that spicy and yummy, simply a treat to our taste buds ... the masala used was very spicy and the cooked brinjal was plain in taste which was both a good combination. I mixed rice with the leftover brinjal oil residue and had it. My mouth still waters when I think about it =) I then realised what else we need in life for a person who loves eating ... thanks to my aunt !!
I love to cook and I learnt a lot from my grandmother when I was still very young.
• Chennai, India
Oh! That's lovely.. they give cooking tips from the base which will be helpful for lifetime isn't it?
@smileyhema When you learn from family members and you help them and try yourself is a precious lesson.
@prashu228 (25808)
Oh i like brinjal curry a lot , hope you had a good time
@spaceseed (2891)
I am feeling the taste
That is great your Aunt is cooking yummy meals for you.
@sishy7 (27631)
Never thought 'oily' and 'yummy' would go together... But you're talking about egg plant, aren't you? Yes, most dishes I found them in are usually 'oily'...
• Chennai, India
Haha .. actually it is not that oily dish but we cook brinjal in oil and hence that name... ;=)
@rubyriaz007 (4115)
My mom makes Baingan Bhartha with Brinjal. I like it very much. I too learned the recipe from her.I also like to have brinjal fry with chapathi.