NOT ON MY BED!

image by pixabay
I have never actually witnessed it - someone walking in from outdoors , and without removing their shoes they throw themselves on a sofa - feet, shoes and all. And in extreme cases - they would do the same on a bed!. I have seen it in movies - never in real life and maybe I am a bit too fussy, but I would never allow that in my home. What do you think? Is it okay to put one's shoe clad feet on a bed or sofa? What would be one of the things that you most definitely would not allow on your bed?
Shoes on the bed? Oh, no.
A very big - NO.
@fishtiger58 (30375)
• Momence, Illinois
nope I would not allow that, you don't know what kind of yuck is on those shoes.
That's bringing germs from outside onto the bed where you sleep.
@fishtiger58 (30375)
• Momence, Illinois
@Kandae11 I know oh yuck, makes my skin crawl.
No won't be happening in my home either. People are expected to take their shows off when they come in the door. That is how I was raised and I do the same when I go visit anybody else.
I wrote once about a distant relative visiting my home for the first time. He walked in with his heavy boots and sat on the sofa placing his boot clad feet on my white shaggy rug!
@thelme55 (13989)
@Kandae11 Oh my. That was not good. I hope you didn´t have to clean the white rug after he left.
@Kandae11 oh my that would have been upsetting
I have never allowed that in my bed, not even when they are small children. And I don´t allow pets in my bed (nor inside my house).
We think the same way.
me either
NO! It's not okay for me, the first thing I do when I step inside is to remove my shoes and put on my home slippers. I would never accept that someone put his feet on my sofa or my bed.
Yes, I have home slippers which I get into as soon as I arrive home.
I do the same! I immediately take off my shoes. Only problem is that nobody who visits takes their shoes off in my house! With the sometimes exception of my nephew! Luckily I have had hard wood floors and the cleaners vacuum the floors and mop them all! I love a freshly washed floor!
@Kandae11 The shoes you use outside are not clean, there are plenty of germs outside.
Same here,never.I had a post of this awhile back removing shoes in my house.I supply them with slippers
At least you supply them with slippers.
@Kandae11 I get those paper one that are throw away.
@amadeo Okay.
@ilocosboy (34344)
Sometimes when teenagers are all alone in the alone they usually do that. But for those already middle aged they don't usually do that anymore.
Let's face it, some teenagers do not think responsibly - but mature adults do it as well. Another thing I dislike seeing is someone taking a carton of milk or juice from the refrigerator and drinking from that carton - which is for everyone else -- just get a glass.
@ilocosboy (34344)
@Kandae11 seems like it just happen in your house.
@ilocosboy It couldn't, I live alone - but I am very observant when I go out.
@1hopefulman (26088)
I have never had such a visitor and if I ever did, unless they were sick, I would tell them to leave and never come back.
Not easy to imagine, but it does happen.
@1hopefulman (26088)
@Kandae11 What kind of people do that?
@1hopefulman Beats me.
@spaceseed (2893)
I am having same views but my kids leave me in helpless situation when they jump on bed with thier shoes on
Children will do that - unless they are sternly reprimanded - and even then, they could do it when no one is around.
@spaceseed (2893)
@Kandae11 moreover when you try to stop them, they make such faces that it looks I am doing some thing wrong with them
@spaceseed I know.
@nanette64 (17142)
• Fairfield, Texas
Well gee whiz @Kandae11 , you never know what you might have on your shoes (dog poop?), so yeah, no shoes on the couch or bed.
That was my first thought - what could be embedded in the crevices of the soles of shoes.
@nanette64 (17142)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Kandae11 It's like, "Ewwwwwww".
@augusta123 (4438)
hehehe.Too fussy there.oh well wouldn't allow dirty stuff on my bed
I get into my bed at night after a shower and wearing clean garments. My bed must be clean and fresh smelling also - fussy me.
• Riga, Latvia
I think that dirty shoes especially on ones bed is the worst thing that could happen. Especially with dirt and bacteria and all.
Even if they appear clean there could be many hidden germs.
Heck no!! shoes on the sofa or bed is a big no-no in my house. Most people take their shoes off at the door so generally I don't have that problem
That is the way it should be - left at the door if possible.
@responsiveme (14477)
A shoe definitely. Here many houses have a rack outside on the verandah to put their shoes before getting into the house.
I have seen something similar for shoes on the verandah of a few homes in my area.
How disgusting! That would never happen in my house. I don't allow anything on my bed except Doodles, and he only stays at the foot of the bed on my side.
A most unhygienic practice I would say.
@crossbones27 (18553)
• Redlands, California
I try not to, but do not get overly crazy about such things. Germs makes us stronger. My house though and always try to be respectful of other people.
That's good.
@prashu228 (25814)
All shoes and slippers are kept outside the living room , not allowed inside. It's not s healthy habit
That is why it is hard to consider them on a bed.
Ew, nope don't allow that. The kids know their shoes get taken off when they enter a home, any home.
The way to go.
@sabtraversa (12509)
Oh no, shoes must remain on the floor! I only do that when I know I'm going to change the sheets very soon.
Of course, one can do as one pleases in one's own home.
@Baya78 (77)
• Houston, Texas
I personally remove my shoes at the door. I hate the idea of bringing everything you've walked on all day into your home. It is disgusting.
I think it is.