Thursday morning rhythms

@CoralLevang (34387)
Life is full of rhythm. I want to tune in more and more to the natural rhythms in life, that often go unnoticed, when things may seem so chaotic. In a little over an hour, I will pick up my friend to come to help me today. I am a little bit embarrassed that I have done so little without her this week, but I will not cancel our time together. That is a promise that we made to each other--we will keep our Thursdays open for the other one, unless it is an emergency situation. Getting into the rhythm of life's promises and the friendship that we share is becoming easier as we share these small joys. I have always loved that the smell of the cooking of beans seems to signal cool, fall weather. The natural rhythm of the changing seasons comes in gently or like a whirlwind, but it will come. Yesterday, I soaked two types of beans. Each are now on the stove simmering. The garbanzos (chickpeas) will be used to make chana masala, and also a hummus. The other beans, which I think are pintos (I bought them from a bulk store and didn't label them), have not been designated for a specific purpose. I wanted to get the cooking of them done for use in a few days. Again, there seems to be a rhythm or pattern here for me. Getting into the rhythm of preparation and planning. The dishwasher has been loaded and is now playing its song. The clothes dryer has joined in with its (almost) syncopated rhythm from down the hall. On this Thursday--Clutter Project day--I am intensely reminded of the natural rhythms than are part of every day life. And, as soon as I return with BK, we'll find some musical rhythms to enjoy as we continue to clean and de-clutter. Photo credit: Pixabay, CC0
This video excerpt from "Puro Son en Concierto," at La Casa la Trova in Santiago de Cuba, has been posted with permission by La Familia Valera Miranda. "La F...
I love pinto beans. Cooked with a ham hawk or alone with certain spices. So delicious. I like them with cornbread.
@SonjaRae (5638)
Oh you were talking my language beans and cornbread whew!
@SonjaRae .....A favorite meal in the fall and winter.
@SonjaRae (5638)
@celticeagle most definitely
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sounds a wonderful day ahead Coral..enjoy it
@CoralLevang (34387)
Thanks, Tiara!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@CoralLevang Welcome Coral.
Enjoy your day ahead. I hope you and your friend gets lots done. I am hoping to get at my fridge and cupboards today but so far haven't started either.
@CoralLevang (34387)
I got through a lot more yesterday than I have in the past. The thing that's the most frustrating is that I sort through things but have to put them back in boxes. But there's more trash that's going out in more recycle. I've written all about it so I don't want to repeat myself here but maybe it's coming together.
• Riga, Latvia
Sound like everything is going fine. Have a great day.
@CoralLevang (34387)
It was a long day yesterday and today I didn't even walk out the store. But I got some things done that I wrote about and I'm ready to call it a night
Every day life does have a nice rhythm to it that does bring comfort.
@CoralLevang (34387)
I used to notice it all the time, but somehow lost the music in me.
It is interesting how everything in life has a rhythm to it. I hope you find harmonious rhythm as you go through your day. You chose nice harmonic music to get you into the rhythm.
@SonjaRae (5638)
I hope that your day was a success and that you feel accomplished. I love you and I love that you are acknowledging the rhythm of life.
@CoralLevang (34387)
I was hoping for a little rhythm of the night. :-)
Music video by DeBarge performing Rhythm Of The Night. (C) 1985 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
@SonjaRae (5638)
@CoralLevang oh you're pulling way back with some DeBarge!
@SonjaRae (5638)
@CoralLevang oh how cool we thought we looked back then Ha
@vandana7 (55308)
Because my work has not moved the other day, I am in kinda "depressed" mode...not feeling very enthusiastic about life right now.
@CoralLevang (34387)
I am so sorry that things are in a low for you. Is it something over which you have any kind of control at all?
@vandana7 (55308)
@CoralLevang .. None that I can think of till about 12th. I have lost more than a week already.
@CoralLevang (34387)
@vandana7 *hugs* *sending out peaceful, positive energy* Only 3 days to go, my dear vanny.
@poehere (15707)
• French Polynesia
That is the only way to enjoy life. Get into the flow of things and keep going. Have fun and enjoy your rhythms, but most of all have fun. Clutter can get you down so laugh about it and keep on digging and throwing until it is all gone.
@CoralLevang (34387)
Thank you, Ann. I want to you for this statement... "Clutter can get you down so laugh about it and keep on digging..." You have NO idea just how much this is going to be my mantra. Thank you.
@poehere (15707)
• French Polynesia
@CoralLevang This has always been my moto when there is something that overwhelms me. I just keep on plugging away and little by little it disappears and soon it is gone. I went back to the garden after a week of rain. I looked around and was in total shock. My nice clean garden is now filled with giant weeds. I have so many to pull it is hard to know where to start. So I grab my bucket and knife and start digging away. Each day I have less and less and soon they will all be gone.
Hope you get alot done with BK. But if not, there's always next time!
@CoralLevang (34387)
Thank you for helping me to keep it real! I appreciate that, Courtney.
I find that when I have someone with me while I go through my "things", the task is easier to get through. Also it is easier to let go of said "things" as well.
@CoralLevang (34387)
It was actually strange for me to have just rid myself of that camera. *laugh*
Hope you got a joyfull moment
@CoralLevang (34387)
Many. Thank you.
It is so nice waking up in the morning to the sound of the natural rhythms in life; the upbeat chirping of the birds, the exciting sound of the crickets, the steady calming sound of the water coming from the faucet or shower, the rooster crowing, the rabbit happily jumping around the grasses, nature reminding us of God's wonderful creation.. :-)
@CoralLevang (34387)
Nature is a wondrous thing!
@Morleyhunt (14976)
My body also has a rhythm. The more I stay in tune with that rhythm...the smoother my life moves.
@CoralLevang (34387)
I'm trying to learn what that is for me.
• Eugene, Oregon
Great music and a good plan for the day too! Thanks for suggesting @JohnRoberts vacation post!
@CoralLevang (34387)
I already miss his presence around here! Glad you like that music! Some of my favorite.
@MKAlubs (364)
Finding and noticing those rhythms is what helps us get into the flow. (I can almost smell those beans.)
@kobesbuddy (6590)
What is chana masala? You also make hummus, something pretty healthy. I bought some once, but it was a little bit too spicy. So, getting into the rhythm means allowing life to flow, naturally around you? I think I understand it.
@CoralLevang (34387)
Chana masala is an Indian chickpea dish. Hummus should never be spicy at its base. There are some great recipes to try. This time I used dried garbanzos (chickpeas) at the recommendation of @marguicha and it was rather easy!
@CoralLevang Beans are very healthy, fat-free protein.
@CoralLevang I´m glad to be of help. Using soaked dry legumes seem the only way to do it for me as I had never known that legumes could be bought in cans until one of my adopted nephews got married in my house to an Australian bride who made humus with a can of garbanzos.
@dgobucks226 (3822)
Sounds like you've got rhythm And getting a lot done too!
@CoralLevang (34387)
Thanks, DB!
@CoralLevang You bet!