If You Can't Stand The Heat, Get Out Of The Kitchen!

@mandala100 (31414)
Hong Kong
I visited one of my chef cook friend the other day in his introductory culinary course in one of the culinary school here in HK and it was well-attended by numerous students wanting to learn for the first time the art of cooking. He explain that heat or temperature is among the basic secret of cooking: the right amount of heat, not too hot nor too cold depending upon the type and kind of cooking. One of the student who has no idea or knowledge of cooking at all and never done any cooking in her life told my chef cook friend that she indeed love learning how to cook but she hated all the heat and hot temperature in the kitchen. My friend smiled and politely told her, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". And every one were laughing so loud. On a side note, I look into the meaning of said phrase "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" and here's what I found: *Don't persist with a task if the pressure of it is too much for you. The implication being that, if you can't cope, you should leave the work to someone who can. (phrases.org.uk) *used as a way to tell someone that they should either stop complaining about a difficult or unpleasant activity, or stop doing it. (dictionary.cambridge.org) *If you cannot handle the pressure, you should not remain in a position where you have to deal with it. (en.wiktionary.org) Do you get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat? Are you a quitter? Do you recall of any incident in your life that you quitted or give up something because the pressure is too much for you to bear? Picture credit: pattyvell.wordpress.com
Yes I sure do. I quit my typing class because the pressure to keep up with the class was hard. if I had known what I know now I would have stayed
@mandala100 (31414)
@sharon6345 Thank you for sharing your experience Sharon. I hope that you are having a good day my friend.
@mandala100 Not really I am a little tired today.
@mandala100 (31414)
@sharon6345 Have a good rest my friend.
@Kahl39 (1131)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I am probably never in this situation because I am the type of person that never quits.
@mandala100 (31414)
@Kahl39 That's good to hear my friend that you have a very strong determination.
That is very funny and so right to say. Indeed it must be noted that if you are complaining, then get out.
@mandala100 (31414)
@TiarasOceanView I hope that student will still persist and finish her cooking lessons/course my friend. How everything's going on today my dear friend?
@mandala100 Okay thanks feeling good now Peter..take care and hope your day is awesome.
@mandala100 (31414)
@TiarasOceanView Thank you too my friend.
@vsai2008 (7667)
Yes I have because the people created too much pressure
@mandala100 (31414)
@vsai2008 That's right my friend and sometimes the pressure are really too much.
@vsai2008 (7667)
@mandala100 Yes. I hope you are doing good today :)
@mandala100 (31414)
@vsai2008 Thank you my friend and I'll see you soon.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Nice lesson :) Yes I have ever quit. This also reminds me of a quote " If you feel you can't do it, you are right"
@mandala100 (31414)
@mildredtabitha Thank you fro your comment my friend.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@mandala100 you are very welcomed my friend. Have a nice weekend
@mandala100 (31414)
@mildredtabitha Same to you my friend.
@mandala100 (31414)
@amadeo How are you today my friend? I hope that everything's alright.
@mandala100 things are well.Had a great massage.This ends my day.Thank you
@mandala100 (31414)
@amadeo Wow! That's so great to hear my friend.
@rosedust82 (2075)
I've never been really good at quitting. Especially if it's something that I really want to learn. I'll keep at it until I get it right. If I come to a roadblock especially if it's something work related, I try to find other people who can help me with the problem. Sometimes we have the answers right under our noses but are too busy looking at other things to notice that it's there.
@mandala100 (31414)
@rosedust82 You are right on your thoughts my friend and thank you for sharing your personal experience.
@prashu228 (25797)
I am not a quitter..lol
@mandala100 (31414)
@prashu228 Wow! That's great to hear my friend.
It is very rare for me to give up on anything that I really want to do.
@mandala100 (31414)
@jstory07 You are indeed a very determined person my friend.
Very wise advice and, no I'm no quitter. But I am wise enough to change my mind at times.
@mandala100 (31414)
@TRBRocks420 That's really fantastic my friend!
Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsey's cooking shows? I can almost always stand a lot of heat . . . but his heat would be so unbearable . Other than that, turn up the heat . . . I will stay in the kitchen until it burns up !
@mandala100 (31414)
@much2say That's awesome to hear my friend.
I do not give up easily, but I also would never try anything I did not think I could do. Yes here its mean if you cannot stand the pressure then walk away.
@mandala100 (31414)
@andriaperry Hi and thank you for your thoughts my friend and I hope that you're having a nice day.