Have you returned anything you bought recently?

Pleasant Hill, California
I bought a pair of Wrangler shorts directly from Wrangler earlier this Summer. They were called "Hiking Shorts," as compared to the "Cargo Shorts" I usually buy. I was going to us them for...well...hiking, and use my cargo shorts for more formal affairs. The cost was something minimal...$25 or so. But they started to tear after literally one hike, and could hardly hold my wallet after two, so I set them aside, went back to my cargo shorts, and finally returned them about three weeks ago. Wrangler provided the return label. I haven't received a new pair or a refund yet, but I'm assuming Wrangler will come through. Have you returned anything you bought recently? This is the only thing I can think of over the past year or so.
No, not that I can recall. Thanks for the info, I will make sure I do not buy Wrangler hiking shorts since they are rotten.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've grown used to "planned obsolescence." But my usual shorts do last a year or two.
• Rochester, New York
I hate returning stuff. If I get something that doesn't fit or what not then I will find someone who can use it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How come you don't like just returning stuff?
Pride is not put into products these days. Hope you get your money back. I haven't bought anything recently.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's all about maximizing profits. I hope Wrangler still makes decent products.
@TheHorse ......I do too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@celticeagle Dang, I didn't get a response to the email I sent them.
Last month I bought an iPhone cable from an online shop but it didn't fit at all. I returned it and got a refund.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds good. Did it all happen pretty quickly?
@TheHorse Yeah it did. The customer service was great because they called me to inform me of my request to return and that they were processing it. At the same time I also got an email to track down the whole process of return-refund. No problem at all.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@toniganzon I sent an email to Wrangler yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get a response tomorrow.
Yes! I ended up returning a couple dresses that didn't work out for me. That was nice of Wrangler to accept the return especially since they didn't hold up after one wear!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hope the new shorts appear soon. Or Maybe they refunded my money and I didn't notice. But I'd think they would have sent an email had they done that.
@TheHorse Definitely follow up!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@infatuatedbby I actually sent them an email today.
@TheSojourner (17310)
Yes, I have returned some things recently that didn't work out. I purchased a pair of jeans at the Eddie Bauer outlet store on sale and with a Deeper Discount. They started to fray Along where the pocket was attached to the behind. Within three months they were already threadbare. I laundered them, took them in and they replaced it for me without a question.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Cool. That's what I'm hoping for in this case.
@TheHorse I know that EB is very good about that. I'm not so sure about WM.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@CoralLevang LL Bean is also good about that sort of thing.
@vandana7 (66816)
OMG ..a big company doing that...no...I tend to get it modified to my tastes..lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm surprised I haven't received a new pair by now.
@vandana7 (66816)
@TheHorse .. I remember my boss bought a branded shirt. I went to the bank the next day for some work. The curtain cloth was exactly the same as the one used in his expensive shirt. I had tough time finding excuses asking him not to wear that one...when we went to the bank, without making him feel odd. It is kind of so personal. The moment he sat in the bank manager's room, he realized why I did not want him to be present. He wanted it returned. I said its not possible now.
@JustBhem (40969)
• Davao, Philippines
I had some orders who are not the same as what I order so I return them and ask for a refund. It took 2 weeks for them to process the refund and a week to send me the refund. How cool is that?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well, at least you got the refund.
@JustBhem (40969)
• Davao, Philippines
@TheHorse Yes and a total of 3 weeks almost a month.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Sorry to say no. Our return policy here on the islands sucks. They would never take these back here. You are lucky that you can return stuff. It seems when you buy it here you are stuck with it. Items are limited, so even if we did return it there wouldn't be another one to give us.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hmm. Interesting. What if you by stuff via the internet? Is it too expensive to ship stuff there?
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@TheHorse Most companies won't ship here to the islands. So this one is not always possible to buy online and have it shipped to us. We don't have PP in our country so we would basically use a credit card and a lot of people don't even have this here on the islands.
Not a good customer service from Wrangler, if you hear nothing from them send an email. I returned a batter charger to Ikea, I bought the wrong one, they refund immediately.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad the refund happened quickly. I was hoping for a new pair of shorts quickly in this case.
@TheHorse If they do not want to refund, they should at least send a new pair of shorts.
Only a thing of milk. Because we opened it and it smelt terrible!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I would return that. Was it past the expiration date? Or just a fluke?
@TheHorse nope still good for over a week. But was bad
@Dena91 (4498)
No we have been fortunate enough lately that what we order has been good. I am sure that Wrangle will come through for you.
• Pleasant Hill, California
They sure are taking their time about it!
I haven't, but I also really haven't bought much.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It doesn't happen to me that often.
@garymarsh6 (14317)
I have rarely had to do that. The only time I had a big difficulty was with a very expensive dining table which had a big scratch on the surface. I telephoned the shop straight away. The manageress told me to cover it with a table cloth. I would not be able to write on this site the answer I gave her not on the phone but I went to the shop so that all the customers that were in there could hear exactly what I was telling her. That was in my much younger hot headed day! Today I would probably not be so rude but be a bit more diplomatic!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I laughed out loud. "The manageress told me to cover it with a table cloth." I will imagine the scene at the store using my own choice words.
Bummer. I thought that was a good brand. Maybe just a bad batch or something. Cant say when I made my last return!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll see if the new pair holds up better when they finally get here.
@FourWalls (14639)
Not in clothing, but I bought the wrong size hanging strips at Lowes so I took them back. Things are really easy when the packages are unopened. I must say I've never had any clothes fall apart after one wearing, and it would scare me from using that company again. And Wrangler is a reputable company known for how "tough" their jeans are. (I guess that only applies to jeans and not the hiking shorts.)
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was REALLY surprised. I hope it was just a flawed batch. Their cargo shorts last a year or so for me.
I hope you get a refund on them. Another pair might not be any good either.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah. They're comfy and good for softball. I think I'd just "baby" the next pair a bit. Pretty pathetic when they call them "hiking shorts."
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I returned a DVD I bought on Amazon because it was defective. I usually donr return a lot