My Other Family...

Pamplona, Spain
A million times you have picked me up and hugged me That is where I felt the most loved In your beautiful warm home I never felt cold Always picking me up and twirling me around You came from another land of which I did not know I did not care about that You called me "dushenka" and made a big fuss of me That is all I needed to know A million times would I go back there To feel the warmth of that Home From there I would never roam. Ice skater Artur Dmitriev is from the Ukraine and the music by Handel is Passacaglia not in G. Minor I don´t think but violin and violinchello.
SP : 3rd, LP : 2nd, silver medal Jan. 11th-18th, Milan, ITA
• Lithuania
I know "dushenka" is rushian word right?
• Pamplona, Spain
I think it means roughly translated "sweetheart". Unusual it was to find people like that in England for me at least. Yes I think its Russian and he was Russian Ukraine something like that he was a lovely man a very big heart.
Beautiful skate, almost perfect. Wonderful poem.
• Pamplona, Spain
Oh for me they were just perfect whatever they did. Very charismatic pair together and I loved it when he won the Olympic Gold and well she did too amazing girl. This was me going next door to their House I wish they were still there.
@lovinangelsinstead21 The announcers said it was nearly perfect. She did put her hand on the ice at one point when she did a jump or spin. I can't remember right now. There was also the moment when he started to throw her in the air and did it twice. So it wasn't perfect, but it was very good.
• Pamplona, Spain
@just4him Its so difficult a sport that any little thing they do wrong is taken into account which is hardly fair but there it is. Nicky Slater was the youngest commentator he favoured Bereznaya and Sikharulidze and they are also favourites of mine. Chris Howarth is much wiser and he was a Skater too and he knows what its all about.
Very touching. Needed to read this now. Thank you!
• Pamplona, Spain
Glad you liked it and there is nothing like a lovely home like that to be able to go to when you need to feel wanted.
• Pamplona, Spain
@allen0187 Have a great week ahead too.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I love your poem and the skating was so beautiful.
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you and I love that pair of Skaters too. So exctiting to watch and that girl had not been his skating partner for very long either so she did really well to get it all together so difficult. Only Artur could achieve all what he did what a guy.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@lovinangelsinstead21 I would not of known that she hadn't been his partner. They seem to be made for each other.
• Pamplona, Spain
@velvet53 He is a real gentleman that is for one. How many men would kiss your hand nowadays? There was a very good chemistry going on there but in real life he is married or was I say was because now I don´t know.
Those Russians sure skate beautifully! Very touching poem.
• Pamplona, Spain
They do don´t they? They are still my favourites even now. Of course I don´t think that they skate together anymore.
@lovinangelsinstead21 That was a long time ago in the world of skating. I don't know.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN As long as you enjoy watching them that is all that matters.
@Chantiele (439)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
A really beautiful poem.
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you very much and they were and are for me one of the best parts of when I was small. There was so much love in that house. They had lots of iconic figures and candles in the hallway it reminded me of a church a bit but very nice.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovinangelsinstead21 It is amazing at what triggers memories. :)
• Pamplona, Spain
@Chantiele They were always so nice and her Dad specially. All the things in the Hall were to do with the Virgin Mary of their particular area as they were from the Ukraine although her Dad was Russian Ukraine if I remember right.
@jobelbojel (4718)
I like the poem. I think there is so much love in your home.
• Pamplona, Spain
It was the home of my Sister´s best friend actually they both lived next door to each other. You could not get any closer than that. Her bedroom window was stuck right next to my Sister´s and they would spend hours there yattering away into the night. Well who could blame them?
@acelawrites (10624)
Very sweet poem!
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you and I so loved their home. It was a haven for me an oasis.
Love the poem. And the video is incredible. Thanks for the link.
• Pamplona, Spain
Sorry Judy I missed your response honestly did not see that and I usually see all of them. Thank you have a great weekend ahead.
Lovely words to which so many of us can relate.
• Pamplona, Spain
Thanks Debs have a great weekend ahead and glad you liked it.
@YrNemo (7465)
Beautiful music... They had some very interesting moves there.
• Pamplona, Spain
They were ahead of their time in that sense and they really deserved to win the Gold Medal too.
@ilocosboy (31763)
Beautiful, beautiful lines
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you and I wish other people could feel the love from that home that I felt. They were from the Ukraine and went to live in England next door to my Sister. They were friends for such a long time too.
@1hopefulman (19556)
Very interesting! Can you explain the inspiration behind this poem? What does "dushenka" mean?
@dgobucks226 (5976)
One of the greatest gifts of life is family and friendship. I am glad you have received it!
@bunnybon7 (32534)
• Holiday, Florida
beautiful memories. like mine with my John late hubby. and with my aunt growing up