September 11, 2001: A Time Of Remembrance

@mandala100 (25921)
Hong Kong
One or two days to go depending on your International Time Zone it will be the 16th years of 9/11. The world and America will never be the same again Post 9/11... "A Day Which Will Live In Infamy" is how FDR has characterize the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941. 9/11 will indeed be a "A Day Which Will Leave In Infamy" in a sense, but for those who have lost their family, love ones, friends, acquiantance, co-workers et cetera that fateful day will always be a Time Of Remembrance. I am currently re-reading "Inside 9-11 What Really Happened" by the Reporters, Writers, And Editors of Der Spiegel Magazine. One cannot help but to look back and recall in light on what's going on right now in the world we live in... Where were you when 9/11 happened? What was your reactions? Let us pause for a moment of silence and pray for the repose of those who perished in 9/11...Amen. Picture credit: blog.horancares.com
I was at the school for which I taught. All of us heard the news. Many parents came to take their children out of school. My husband had to be at the 9/11 site a week later to write news releases for the U.S. Dept. of Labor. It was an awful 2 weeks for him.
@mandala100 (25921)
@Corbin5 Yes my friend such a very tragic day for America and the whole world but also a Time For Bravery And Heroism my friend for those good men and women of 9/11: police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, volunteers etc.
That must have been awful. I can't imagine the horror stories that came out of it. There were a lot of good stories as well, but so many missing.
@just4him He cried every time he called me because he had to write news releases on site about the rescue efforts. He had to detail how O.S.H.A. was putting things in place to provide for the safety of all rescuers. He saw bodies and body parts recovered day after day.
I was at home when this happen.Coming home after my game of tennis. Flip on the TV and there it was.Thought it was a movie or sort.Not. Then I was glue to the TV most of the day. That is where I was.HOME
@mandala100 (25921)
@amadeo Yes my friend and what was your thoughts and feelings at that time during most of the day?
@mandala100 not sure my thoughts.But stunned that this could happen in our country.
@mandala100 (25921)
@amadeo That's right my friend and it's really seems too impossible to happen my friend.
I don't remember where I was, I was only 2 years old, but believe it or not, I do remember hearing the news about it.
@mandala100 (25921)
@carrie98 I'm glad that you have heard the news about it but I think the most important thing about 9/11 is the lessons that we have learned from it my friend.
I remember very well where I was. As I live in Europe it was afternoon when it happened and we were in a computer store. A big TV was ON with no audio. I was looking at the images and I thought it was a disaster movie... until I arrived home and I turned on our TV.
@mandala100 (25921)
@LadyDuck Thank you for sharing your experience my friend. Yes 9/11 is a day that we'll never ever forget my friend.
@mandala100 There are days in history we cannot forget, I am old enough to remember where I was the day JFK was killed in Dallas.
@mandala100 (25921)
@LadyDuck That's right my friend.
@Fishmomma (11535)
I was home and had just made a cup of coffee when the telephone rang and one of my neighbors called to tell me turn on the television. I was shocked and went to my neighbor's house to watch her television. Several more people went to her house and we all watched the news.
@mandala100 (25921)
@Fishmomma That was really a day that's so very hard to forget my friend.
I was at home a very sad day and time for awhile.
@mandala100 (25921)
@TRBRocks420 Yes my friend and that was a very sad day indeed.
• Rochester, New York
When that happened I was at work in daycare. It was crazy as my work went under lock down because of it.
@mandala100 (25921)
@LisaSteinmetz How far where the daycare where you were then working from the Twin Towers my friend? Thank you.
It was the saddest day in my history, and perhaps American history as well. I don't normally have the TV on, so I didn't know about it until I got to work. Then I thought it was a cruel joke people were talking about until I saw it on the TV and the unbelievable sight of the towers being hit and collapsing.
@mandala100 (25921)
@just4him Yes my friend one of the saddest day in history of the American people and the world. A senseless killing of innocent civilians.
@mandala100 Yes it was.
@mandala100 (25921)
@just4him Alright my friend and I'll see you soon.
I just came from a movie premier and was having pizza and drinks when the news came out in one of the television sets in the bar where we ate. Everyone in the bar was stunned silent with the news.