Facing Adversity, Irma Style!

@moffittjc (43033)
Gainesville, Florida
To the members of our Armed Forces, our police, fire and emergency response officials, I salute you and commend you for standing strong and facing adversity and difficult situations to help your fellow man. You answer the call of duty while the rest of us secure our belongings, prepare for the disaster, and take care of our loved ones. You answer the call of duty even as you are trying to prepare your own personal belongings and homes for the approaching hurricane. While others flee, you remain behind to do everything in your power to protect us. You put yourself in harms way for our safety. I commend each and every one of you for the impossible job you have been asked to do. Thank you! The photo is a convoy of hundreds of military vehicles heading TOWARD the hurricane while everyone else flees. My hat's off to the brace men and women of our military who have answered the call of duty!
Just saw a video of police using their squad cars to clear (push) vehicles off a road after an accident to help keep traffic flowing
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JolietJake Hey, is my photo still showing up sideways? I've tried to fix it and re-szie it and all, but it's still showing up sideways on my computer.
@moffittjc Yep. Try turning it on your computer, then saving a copy of it and using the saved copy.
My prayers go out to all of those who keep us safe and for those that stayed behind to weather the storm.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
Many of these people that we will be calling heroes tomorrow are the same people that we were bashing as evil or worthless government employees yesterday. Amazing how it takes a disaster for people to realize that our government is not bad, and that government employees truly do want to help people. Oh, and I can tell you right now no one is complaining about the taxes they pay! haha
@pjmurphy (94)
Are you being affected by the storm. It looks massive.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
Yes, but mostly just rain right now. It's been pouring rain since yesterday afternoon. I'm in the northern part of Florida, so we won't get hit with the core of the storm until later tonight (Sunday night).
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@moffittjc Stay Safe!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kobesbuddy I'm doing my best to stay safe!
Florida is to be commended on the handling of Irma.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've heard nothing but great comments from all over the country about how well Florida has handled this disaster. Kudos to everyone involved in seeing us safely through this thing.
@moffittjc I agree!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN The big test will come in the next few days as cleanup efforts get underway and all those 6 million evacuees try to start coming back to the state.
I hope your doing okay. Yes they all risk their lives to help others which is so great.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm relaxing right now, but earlier I was out checking on all my neighbors. There are a lot of elderly folks here in my neighborhood, I wanted to make sure they are all oaky and have everything they need.
@moffittjc That's very good of you.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies We all help each other out in a time of need. It's the right thing to do.
• Eugene, Oregon
They are greatly appreciated, I know. Another salute here too!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
We have an amazing military, that's for sure. Always willing to jump in and help out!
This is a big storm..but I hope it is not as bad as people have feared.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't think there is going to be the catastrophic damage that everyone feared would happen, but I think the damage will be very widespread, since this storm is impacting the entire state of Florida.
Those people you mentioned in your first sentence are amazing and deserve kudos for all those who live in Florida and the whole country as we all have people like that. They have to be a special person to do what they do. I wonder if the danger ever crosses their mind when not getting away from a hurricane
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm sure the danger does cross their minds, but they are putting their duty ahead of their fears. Neighbors helping neighbors. It's what we Americans do. #AmericaStrong
@Platespinner (16520)
The Huis Vrouw drove through Atlanta 4 times last week, and we saw lots of support equipment headed south.
They are the best of the best. Wishing them safety in all they do during this storm.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hats off to them, Jeff. That is a very powerful image. And I have to say that you stayed behind to help out too, so kudos to you too @moffittjc
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
Now the fun begins! Cleanup time!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc , oh boy, I can only imagine...and I can only wish you all the best with all everyone has to do.
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa We certainly have a lot of work ahead of us, but we'll all pull together and get the job done!
Did you snap a photo of that on TV? Be safe Florida! Hands down to all those helping!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
It is a photo of a video a friend of mine took.
@moffittjc Oh I see!! That's so cray!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby The other day I witnessed hundreds of military helicopters passing overhead as they were heading south somewhere for staging for rescue and recovery operations. I wish I would have taken photos or video of that scene. It was amazing!
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
We all need to thankful that we have people like them that puts their life on the line for others. There are many people that are not in the military and they stayed behind to help out. Everyone deserves a strong salute, prayers and praise. Were you able to get some rest?
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sadly, I've still been going non-stop. But I did get a break from everything yesterday to tailgate and attend the college football game between the Florida Gators and the Tennessee Volunteers! I think today (Sunday) is going to be a super lazy day for me, as I plan on doing absolutely nothing today!
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
@moffittjc I'm glad that you were able to attend the game. Did they win? Yes, a day of doing nothing is probably just what you needed. Were you able to get some rest?
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@velvet53 The Gators won on a last-second Hail Mary pass for a touchdown as time expired. It was incredible!
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh my Lord, this is beautiful to witness the devotion, and genuine love these military men and women display toward those in harms way! God, keep them all safe!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
It is truly an amazing thing to witness!
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@moffittjc The display of concern and love, is so beautiful! Genuinely caring about other people, they don't even know personally!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kobesbuddy When our backs are against the wall, we rise to the occasion!
I agree. Thanks to all.
@sallypup (27136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Yes the first responders are true heroes and brave warriors.
@Srbageldog (8597)
I have nothing but respect for these brave men and women.