my mini health-check

I'm currently hooked up to a couple of things which are monitoring my movement and my heart rate. I spent Friday morning at Hospital. Fear not, comrades! It's all in the name of Research. Research for what? I {think I} hear you cry. I think it's research for diabetes. It was Phase Two. I took part in Phase One back in 2013, but I forgot to ask if there would be a Phase Three. One would assume that there would be, if the research is going to be of any value. I don't have diabetes, by the way. I had to drink some very sickly sweet orange flavoured gunk, had gallons of my bloods taken twice {once just before this and then again exactly two hours later}, had measurements of weight, height, waist and hips taken, pee'd into a sample bottle, had my BP taken three times, followed by an ultrasound of my kidney and liver, an ECG, and a weird body scan. I also had to try to stay awake whilst lying down with an oxygen mask for twelve minutes, and walk on a treadmill for fifteen as it gradually increased both pace and steepness. I also had to fill in oodles of paperwork and online questionnaires. Phew! For my troubles I received an M&S sandwich. And obviously a free mini-MOT {an MOT being what a car has to have every year to make sure it's still roadworthy here in the UK}. The things I do ... Oddly, my weight was 2.3kg less than it had been when I had my kidney check-up back in July. I say oddly, because my clothes are tighter around the thighs, hips and waist. Hmmm ... So until Thursday I'm wearing a chunky watch and a monitor above my left booby which is frustrating me as my long hair {on my head, not my chest, silly} keeps getting caught in the sticky pad. Grrr ... I think it must be time for a nap now.
Wow.. That's a lot!
It was. I was drained.
@Poppylicious i can understand that!
@pgntwo (22757)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
@xFiacre (5772)
@poppylicious You are a brave lass. No way would I ever voluntarily offer my body to be poked at. Things medical freak me out. It was only with the greatest effort that I visited my wife's family home for the first time after we met because her father was a GP and saw patients in the drawing room (yes, they had a drawing room). I could smell sickness and its treatment as I walked up the drive.
Have you been back since??!
@xFiacre (5772)
@Poppylicious I overcame my fears to wed the woman of my dreams but was mightily pleased when the good doctor retired.
thank you for the update there.Nap is soon here.Very soon
Everybody should enjoy a nap. Naps are best!
@Poppylicious every day clock wise at one thirty to two
Thank you for doing what you are doing in the name of research!! A nap sounds like a must.
It was a definite must. I love naps.
@pgntwo (22757)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
An admirable, if not exactly profitable (despite the price of an M&S sandwich!), pastime - all for the greater good. Had to laugh about the hair comment
Sadly, I'm beginning to look like a hairy-chested woman. I could run away and join the circus.
I am not nearly so busy or invaded as you are, but it is time for me to nap as well.
I hadn't actually done anything on the day I wrote this post. I just like Naps!