~No Power~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning. I hope your all doing well. I have been up on and off all night long. We lost power here at 2am. I can't sleep when I'm too hot so I was having a tough time through the night. The wind is still whipping out there. I'm so grateful we didn't have much worse than what it is. I really hope we won't be without power for too long mostly because the kids and the food in our fridge. I know there are a lot of people in FL without power though. =( I am praying for everyone that had so much damage done.
@moffittjc (45346)
• Gainesville, Florida
Jennifer, glad to hear that you are okay. I saw a lot of footage out of Jacksonville of the storm surge in the St. Johns River. I hope you are not near the river! And sorry to hear about your loss of power. Hopefully it gets restored soon! I got called into work last night at 1:00am, and I've been at the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) all night. We're safe here, although we are on back-up power from the generator. I will have to assess damage to my home later, but from early indications from a couple of my neighbors, it appears I have little damage, if any. But trees are down everywhere.
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe.
@moffittjc (45346)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Happy2BeMe Thanks Laurel. I'm checking on family around the state now to make sure they are okay as well.
Glad to hear you all are safe.
I have read the same as @Platespinner, 6 million people are without power and many suffered big damages.
@Ladyduck Yes, that's why I'm so grateful we didn't get it worse than what we did.
@LovingMyBabies Let's hope the worst is over.
@sugartoes (42687)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies it's NOT over just yet.
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe. Hope that you power is restored soon.
@Happy2beme Thank you. I hope so too, thanks. I'm grateful it wasn't what some people got.
@LovingMyBabies yes that is so true. Some weren't so lucky,
@Happy2BeMe I know. =(
Okay, this answers my question on my post.. sorry you still don't have power. I'm sure those smart kids of yours will come up with ways to stay busy without power. Glad you didn't get worse.
@Courtlynn Yeah still no power and it will most likely be days before it returns since there are so many without it. They have been playing cards, building block towers, coloring and enjoying some snacks. They make each situation the best they can, which is awesome. =)
@LovingMyBabies very awesome! Way to go mom and dad
@Courtlynn Thank you!
@Platespinner (17062)
From what I've seen this morning more than 6 million residents in Florida are without power, so you're in good company. Thankful it wasn't any worse for you.
@Platespinner Yeah there are so many without power here. I'm so grateful as well.
I hope you get power back soon too. Its just beginning here.
@andriaperry Thank you. I hope you stay safe!
@sugartoes (42687)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@andriaperry my prayers are with you in this mess of a storm stay safe & hope you don't get any damages from Irma.
@dodo19 (33670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I hope you get your power back soon. It's not pleasant to have to deal with, especially when you have food in the fridge.
@dodo19 Thank you, yeah our food will be bad soon.
@dodo19 (33670)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LovingMyBabies That's definitely not good. I'm sorry to hear that.
I saw on the news this morning that your area was without power and severe flooding. Hope your power comes back soon. Are you flooded?
@Marilynda1225 Yeah some areas here are under water. Thank God we are not flooded.
I hope that your power comes back on soon. We have loved ones in Lakeland and Orlando . They are okay.
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you! Good I'm glad they are okay as well.
@velvet53 (17418)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am so glad that you didn't get hit hard and that you are all safe. . With luck your electricity will come back on. It is nasty in so many parts of the state. Be safe cause we don't know what Irma might decide to do.
@velvet53 Thank you! =) Yes I hope so but either way we will get it back eventually. I know, I feel so bad for everyone that has bad damage.
@velvet53 (17418)
• Palisade, Colorado
@LovingMyBabies It is devastating. How are things there now?
@velvet53 No power, lots of flooded places, stores shut down, lots of down power lines and trees. =(
So glad to hear that you only lost power. Hope it is back for you very soon. Hopefully many others will fare as well.
@celticeagle Thanks, me too. It's back on now. I feel bad for everyone that's dealing with flooding and so much damage.
@LovingMyBabies .....Thank goodness you aren't. I don't think I could deal with all that.
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
I'm glad you and your family are okay. The heat must be horrible though.
• Paradise, California
@LovingMyBabies we had our power out for a week one January. Very unusual for this area, but there was a windstorm all over California and we were one of the last to get power restored. Luckily it wasn't a terribly cold winter. I hope you can find ways to get cool, ugh
@m_audrey6788 (15331)
Oh. I can relate to that! It`s really hard to sleep without power especially on summer! Wish you have some hand fan with you there!
@M_audrey6788 Yes it is hot to sleep without ac.
@LovingMyBabies ..Yes..so uncomfortable
@prashu228 (25504)
Hope the power will be back soon. Hope you are fine
@prashu228 Thank you, we are okay.
Glad that you are safe.
@marlina Thank you! =)
@LovingMyBabies Sending Prayers your way!
@sugartoes (42687)
• Greencastle, Indiana
WHEW I'm really GLAD to hear that's all you have going on cause with what I'M SEEING isn't good you have record flooding in your area & they're saying to put a white sheet on the OUTSIDE of your door so they KNOW your in there to be rescued. It's gonna be AWHILE for power to be turned on so you can kiss your food good bye cause it's ALL going to turn bad sorry to say, but it can be replaced PLEASE don't let the kids go out side cause of all the debris floating around & down on the ground. Praise GOD you all made it through the storm. I have a post with the update of your area on a video being you have internet to watch it please take time to watch this so you know what's going on.
@sugartoes I only have my phone which won't load videos.
@sugartoes (42687)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies OH flip well that's not good but I'm sure GLAD to hear your alright & made it how bad is the flooding where you at? cause what I'm seeing isn't GOOD I wish you could see the video.
@sugartoes There are certain areas that have bad flooding but not near us.
So sorry you are one of the ones who lost power, too. Sleeping and losing food must be awful. At least you're ok.
@Diannen Thank you. Yeah, it wasn't fun but at least it's on now so it wasn't too bad.
@LovingMyBabies So happy it's on now!!!
@DianneN Thank you, me too!
@Tina30219 (35766)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope the power is not out to long for you. I hope you sleep better tonight.
@Tina30219 Thanks, it came back on this morning.
@Tina30219 (35766)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Glad to hear it came back on.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
I hope your power is restored soon. I'm glad you didn't have worse too. Stay safe.
@poehere Thanks, it came back on this morning.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@LovingMyBabies That is excellent to hear. I am glad it wasn't that long for you. They worked fast in your area.