Irma is Here

@RubyHawk (18887)
Atlanta, Georgia
Irma has arrived in Atlanta. We're having rain and wind gusts. Power outages are all over Georgia. Many trees are down so work crews can't get out to repair the power lines until trees are removed. We haven't lost power yet. But we can at any time. We're not worried for ourselves. We have everything's we need and looking on the brighter side, if we lose electricity I won't have to cook. I have very little in the freezer so nothing much will spoil. They are asking everyone not to call 911 unless its an extreme emergency. All schools are closed. Pictures are being shown of trees across the roads. Linemen are upset because they can't repair power lines until trees are removed. Some home owners are trying to remove downed trees and are being asked not to do it. There's too much danger from live electric lines. The good news is Irma will be moving out sometime tomorrow. I hope all you in Florida and South Georgia fared as well as possible. Hoping Life will be back to normal soon. It's heart breaking that some have lost their homes and belongings but nothing I can say will change that. Please take care.
• Lakewood, Colorado
You take care too dear Ruby. I am so glad you are prepared. God protect you.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you. These falling trees and live downed power lines are the danger. We're okay
• Lakewood, Colorado
This storm caused havoc over miles and miles and many people are without homes, etc. Hoping that you don't suffer any damage and this storm leaves quickly. It's one for the record books I think
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
According to this news this is the worst one in history and covered more ground.
@RubyHawk That's what I heard.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him Let's hope Jose doesn't hit us.
Hope nothing big happens to your place. And hope you are safe throughout the storm
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you. We're okay. We're in until the bad weather passes. We might lose power but That's no big problem for us.
@RubyHawk im glad to hear that.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courtlynn Alls well. Irma is on her way out. Many trees were down and power outages but not terribly bad.
@SonjaRae (5638)
Thank you for the report! Glad you are Safe!
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks, we're safe and we'll be okay.
@SonjaRae (5638)
@RubyHawk I am relieved to hear that!!
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
• Marion, Kansas
I hope you have some food that can be eaten without cooking. You are wise enough to stay out of trouble. On the other hand, if you lose power will you be able to join us here on the Lot?
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We didn't lose power and no, I couldn't have gotten on mylot or watched TV. We did have flashlights so we could have sat and read a book. I had plenty of food just in case. and now the danger is over. A lot of work to do cleaning up fallen trees and working on power lines.
Praying for the safety of all, my friend. You are so right about the dangers that exist out there.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, all the downed power lines are most dangerous now.
@DeborahDiane (14240)
• Laguna Woods, California
@RubyHawk - I hope you are still safe. Hang in there! You have a great attitude.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We're fine. Irma came in yesterday morning and is on her way out this evening. We had heavy rain and wind. Many trees down and many lost power. We didn't. All is well here. And hopefully all the fallen trees will be taken care of soon and power back on.
• Laguna Woods, California
@RubyHawk - Glad to know that all is well with you!
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DeborahDiane Thank you. It wasn't as bad as we feared.
@fishtiger58 (28442)
• Momence, Illinois
Stay safe, and I hope you don't lose your power
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We didn't,. All is okay here. it will take some cleaning up around the area and working on power lines. Some homes were damaged from falling trees.
@fishtiger58 (28442)
• Momence, Illinois
@RubyHawk That is good. I heard some my not get power for weeks, I can't even imagine that.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@fishtiger58 I can't ether. That would be horrible.
@sallypup (18615)
• Moses Lake, Washington
So you're okay? I am horrified by these sad tales. Those poor people.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
So am I, They will have cleaning up that will take ages and so many homes lost or damaged. I feel so sorry for them.
@sallypup (18615)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RubyHawk It all sounds overwhelming.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@sallypup It will be. I can't imagine how hard it will be.
At least is so far so good in your side. You have prepared for it well and you can cope with the situation without power. I hope the hurricane will go away soon.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It went away today. I haven't watched weather forecast today but I'm pretty sure by the time it got to Alabama it had just about faded away. We were fine. No power outage.
@RubyHawk That's great!
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@youless Thank you. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.
These storms are powerful and can cause a lot of damage. Thought that our state would never suffer from such storms until we were hit by Irene several years ago. The damage was horrible. We have a generator and if there is a bad storm we hook it up to our refrigerator and freezer. Can also run the furnace if need be too.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
A generator would come in handy, thankfully we didn't need it. Our power didn't go off. We were lucky.
so, the unwanted guest has finally arrived. Thankfully she is not as powerful as she was a couple days ago. Be safe.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
She did arrive. She'll start moving out tomorrow.
@velvet53 (14965)
• Palisade, Colorado
Irma has sure done a number on many places. I am glad to hear that you are ok. I know what they mean about them not wanting people to try to move trees. I had an ordeal years ago with the live wires. Be safe. So much for having to cook, right?
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, it's too dangerous to be out among live wires removing trees. I'm afraid of live wires. I surely would stay away. Did you go through a hurricane or tornado?
@velvet53 (14965)
• Palisade, Colorado
@RubyHawk I have been in tornadoes and blizzards. They are no fun at all.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@velvet53 We often have tornadoes in our vicinity but never in one. We once had a tornadoe come right over our house. It twisted off tree tops in our yard. That was closer than I wanted to be.
@poehere (15721)
• French Polynesia
Stay safe and hold on if you are without electricity. They are working as fast as they can and everyone safety is improtant. Glad you are fine and all is well with you.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We were safe and didn't lose power. Now Irma has moved on,.I think it's lost too much strength to do further damage. I haven't looked at a forecast today. I've watched them for days and took a break.
@poehere (15721)
• French Polynesia
@RubyHawk In Florida it was only a Category 2. So it was losing strength before it came your way.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@poehere I thought so but someone from Alabama said they had high winds and rain there.
@kobesbuddy (6645)
Stay safe, Ruby! We are still praying for you, until this terrible weather has passed:(
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you, Irma left this evening and we didn't lose power. trees falling and power outages in our area but not to us. We're okay. It will likely take awhile to clear fallen trees and power outages.
@RubyHawk We had trees down, in June. There were 70 mile per hr winds in our city, with damages all over the place. But, we never lost our power.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@kobesbuddy Wow, That's high winds. We often have stormy weather with tornadoes in the vicinity but we've never Before had a hurricane. Glad you didn't lose power.
Irma is here as well. Not as bad I am sure. I will be glad when this is all over with.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Maybe I was wrong. I thought Irma would have lost most of her strength by the time she got to Alabama. Everything is quiet here. We saw the last of it earlier today. Hope it's not too bad over there.
@RubyHawk We had howling wind and hard rain but not as bad as was predicted.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@andriaperry It wasn't as bad here as we thought although those that have damage from fallen trees might not agree.
I'm glad you're doing well and haven't lost power yet. I hope they can get those trees removed soon so they can get the power restored to those who lost it.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
So do I, we're so used to electricity it's hard to do without it. We didn't lose power and Irma moved out this evening headed to Alabama. I hope they are okay but I think it was dissipating and I haven't looked at the weather forecast.
@RubyHawk I was just on the weather site and it's down to a tropical storm now. So just rain.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him That great, enough damage done.
Irma was very weakened by the time she arrived here. I hope that you are okay.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
we're fine, trees are down and electric outages but we're okay. Our power didn't go off. It was a little scary for awhile.
@RubyHawk glad to hear that you are okay
I hope you will stay safe and everyone else in the states that it passes.
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We are just fine. No power outage and it moved out quickly. Many trees down but I haven't heard of any serious injuries.
@divalounger (2223)
Stay safe! This storm is a doozie!
@RubyHawk (18887)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Irma left this evening After falling trees and power outages. Well fine here but some will be without power. it wasn't as bad as We thought it would be.