I did something for my daughter.

I have had problems with my daughter over the years. One of them was never an abuse of money. In no way would she ever take a dime without permission. if i give her my card she will use the given amount or less. o that was always something I could be proud of. My daughter is living on her own and married. But struggling to make ends meet. I know that it is not my responsibility to are for an adult child. But I also know I won't allow mine to go hungry or with no clothes. My mom did not raise us like that and I won't be that way with mine. I am 47 years old and just last night my mom called to see if I needed money. I have less than a buck and said no thank you. I hate that that no good man my daughter married will et her go with nothing when he is angry. She started school with no new clothes. she lost half her body weight so you can imagine what her clothes look like on her. I gave her money to buy some clothes last week. She bought three pairs of pants and a few shirts. Nothing to keep the old off this coming winter. I have saved a hell of a lot in my budget over the past few months. So much so that I an afford to help my daughter. I plan to put a stop to helping other and help my child. I ordered a second credit ard for her in her name. With that credit card until she gets on her feet. Se will have an amount to use for her needs. I have 3 active referrals working on my swag account. I plan to give my daughter gift cards to buy her a coat and new boots. Oh, she bought a pair of shoes the other day too. I don't know why her husband feels he can control her with money. But when he is made with her he won't give her anything. She is doing well in school and that is all I care about. I want her to be stress-free so she can continue to do well in school. She had something sad happen a little while ago. I wish I could help her but I could not. I don't want to put that here. But I am sorry if you feel helping your adult child is not good. I was not raised that way. I will be helping mine. At least it will ease some of the stress I feel about her losing so much weight. I could at least feel she is eating more. she wears a size 3 she was an 11 and for that I am not happy.
I believe if a child is struggling and cannot buy the basics needed to live, a parent should offer help if they can. It is just natural for a parent to try and protect their child no matter the child's age. I think what you have done is the right thing to do. Sometimes adult children need help to get back on their feet.
@singhisback (2278)
• Jalandhar, India
Please take care. Even if she makes a lot of mistakes she will still remains your blood
That you know is always the truth. She is mine nd I love her.
• Jalandhar, India
@sharon6345 have a pleasant time
@singhisback Oh dar I sure will.
@Tracy04 (10418)
Nope. Even I am an adult, my parents still gives me money if I needed it. And they sometimes buy me and my brother clothes. Family remains family, help them when they still around. Forget the age
You sounds sweet my mom would do that for me too.
I don't blame you one bit, I would help my child financially or anyway I possibly could no matter how old they are, children aren't just for 18 years they are for a lifetime. :) I hope your daughter gets what she needs and I hope she is able to protect herself if her money hogging controlling husband were to become violent or abusive.
I know she will fight him like a robber stole her purse. lol.
You should always want to help your daughter. That is what any mother should do.
I am glad you feel that way. Thanks Judy..
@prashu228 (18823)
It's good when Mom helps daughter.. have a wonderful day
Thanks very much.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Has your daughter applied for food stamps? Since she's a student she should be eligible
her husband makes too much money.
@Jackalyn (5747)
• Oxford, England
This the problem we face as mothers. Children grow up and they don't make the choices that we would hope they would. I hope you put a credit limit on to the credit card. That said I'm glad that your daughter has been good with money with you. What her Husband is doing to her sounds like financial abuse and she really might need the help of a place that can explain why to her.
He kicked her out the other day. Put all her belongings on the street. she had to call the cops to get back in. I won't let her stay here but I will mae sure shehad food and clothes on her back.
Oh..That was so sad..Feel sorry for your sister! I hope you will feel better soon!