I get the most exercise in the bedroom!

According to Prevention.com men burn 100 calories and women burn 69 calories during 25 minutes of sheet action. The longer you go at it the more calories - well gee it isn't rocket science after all is it! Now, how I burn calories int he bedroom has more to do with making the bed not what happens in the bed. When we moved up from a queen to a king bed it was for comfort - and to get the 'snoring machine' a little further from me LOL! What I didn't think about was the time and energy it would take to make a king bed. It requires a lot of walking back and forth from one side to the other. I am not a perfectionist, but I also like the bed to look good when it's made! I love the feel of fresh clean sheets and if I had a twin size bed I would consider changing sheets every few days, but not so with a king, once a week is sufficient. If you have a king size bed how long does it take you to change the sheets and get the bed back to looking nice?
@fishtiger58 (28442)
• Momence, Illinois
I do have a king size bed and yes I can't reach across it so back and forth I go. I can soon see putting on the flannel sheets.
@fishtiger58 I turn the heat off at night, I am hot blooded and my husband says I'm his personal heater.
@fishtiger58 (28442)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill the exact opposite of me and my husband, he is the heater. His hands are always so hot I don't want him touching me in the summer lol.
@fishtiger58 I wonder if those will be necessary this year. I have them, and didn't use them once last year. It was such a mild winter.
Only like 10 mins for me, with my king. And mine is wrinkle free
You walk faster than I do!
@AbbyGreenhill it takes about 5 when my mom helps
@Courtlynn Can I borrow her LOL!
We have a king size bed and I change the sheets once a week. Our bed has a headboard, but also a footboard and this slow down the process a bit, not to mention that it's a real pain! It takes 12 to 15 minutes, I am not a perfectionist, but it must look good.
That's why we don't have a foot board, that does add to the time. Most of the rentals we stay at have head and foot boards and just making the bed in the morning takes longer.
@AbbyGreenhill I did not want one, my husband liked a bed that had one, I finally say it was okay, but it takes longer to make.
@LadyDuck I would bank my toes on one and I usually do.
I have my home helper change my double bed. It takes about 5 minutes to fix. I wash it once a week before she comes and she does a great job! I don't fix my bed daily though my mom was big on fixing her bed daily until she got sick
My husband gets up last, so it's his job to make the bed, don't tell him, but many times I remake it - I don't want to tell him he doesn't do it to my standards!
@AbbyGreenhill of course I won't tell him. But there are some things that women do better than men and some things men do better than us women! !
@Marty1 I can't think of one thing a man can do better...well, maybe one.
• Lakewood, Colorado
It takes me 5 minutes done Abby. I love fresh clean sheets.
What size bed? It takes me 5 mins. just to get the fitted sheet in place LOL!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AbbyGreenhill I have a single fold up bed...I need a new one. I can only have 100% cotton sheets.
@TiarasOceanView All mine are all cotton. I found the 400-500 thread count are softer than the 600 and higher.
Gosh! That`s hard . Good thing, I don`t have big bed to fix
It's a pain but I wouldn't get rid of it LOL
I have a king. I never gave it up after my divorce. I was used to the size and still am. It takes me a good 15 minutes to change and make the bed. I have thought about a smaller bed, being only one person, but I'm a tosser and wouldn't have the room I need to sleep in.
When I was not married, between marriage, I had a full size and had lots of room and I toss and turn all night, always have.
@AbbyGreenhill I've thought about going down a mattress size, but I just love my bed and I did just buy a new mattress last year. I'm also hoping that someday I will fill the other side of that mattress.
@just4him I actually liked sleeping alone - but even then I only used half of the bed...good luck filling up that other half.
My bed is a queen so it's not that difficult to change the sheets. It's a bit more difficult in winter when it's got blankets, comforter etc rather than the summer when I just keep sheets and a lightweight spread on it. That's a pretty comforter and I love the brown colors
Thanks...I get them at a little place in McCayesville, GA - little store, big selection. I only use quilt and sheets - no blankets in this house LOL!
@AbbyGreenhill we need nice warm blankets here in the winter (along with flannel sheets). It gets mighty cold
@Marilynda1225 I lived up north most of my life and didn't need warm blanket or flannel sheets!
@JESSY3236 (4516)
I have a twin bed (daybed) and it is hard to change sheets on it. I have a tough time by myself.
I can see why a daybed is hard to work with - and I always wonder how those tiny house people make those loft beds when they only have 3 feet of head room !
I have a king size bed all to myself , It was part of an inheritance , I got a house filled with nice furniture back in 2015. I have always changed my sheets once a week no matter what size bed. And yes I walk around the bed more, when I had a full size I could almost just reach across. I am about to buy a new mattress for this bed, my back has began to hurt.
We have a sleep number not yet a year old. My husband says his back doesn't hurt as much now.
@LeaPea2417 (12661)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We sleep on a Queen Size bed. It doesn't take too long to change the sheets, around 10 minutes or so.
The queen sheets are also easier to fold and take up less room.
Mine is an inch or two smaller than a queen - but I sleep alone so its more than enough for me. I take about ten minutes at the most to change sheets and pillowcases.
10 mins would be a blessing for me LOL!
@patgalca (13811)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I wish I had a king sized bed but our headboard will not accommodate it. We have a queen and I do walk back and forth around the bed when making it, especially when putting on fresh sheets. As for the other kind of between the sheet activity, I find it hard to believe that very much is burned.
I would guess that the more energy put into the act the more calories are burned. 100 calories ins't much.
@kobesbuddy (6517)
We have a queen size and it takes me a long time, going from one side to the other, trying to get the bedspread even. Probably about 15 minutes.
I like quilts that have patterns so they are easier to line up properly.
@AbbyGreenhill The one we have has stitching, so it's easier to get the sides straight.
I do not make the bed.Mike does it most of the time.How long does it take a few second.
A few seconds, wow, send him down here!
@AbbyGreenhill did you know that keeping your bed unruffle.Keep t he bed bugs away
@resukill22 (3047)
Like me our bed is king size, so when it comes to change the cover, I would expect more sweat come out haha
Yes it is a little more 'hard' work isn't it!
@AbbyGreenhill yes it is, especially if ur the only one who work for it haha
@resukill22 Very true!
@Platespinner (16701)
Just think how long it would take ME to make a king size bed. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
If my husband helped it would take more time I'm afraid.
@AbbyGreenhill Lucky for me I don't have to make a king sized bed, or even an Emmett sized bed; last night I slept on the kitchen window sill.
@Platespinner LoL!! thanks for the smile!
@jaiho2009 (39084)
Reminded me of my Housekeeping training that I attended last year. We are given 5 minutes to change bedsheets (3 linens ) for queen size beds and two pillows. And yes, changing linens, arranging bedsheets is indeed a good exercise.
5 minutes - wow - did you get it done that fast? That is amazing.
@jaiho2009 (39084)
@AbbyGreenhill That was a hard one my dear , but yes I was able to finish the task in 5 minutes (whew) Thanks God I made it , I passed the training
We have a queen size bed and change the sheets every week. Find that it gets harder and harder to do as I am getting older and stiffer.
I miss the queen size it took so much less time and effort.
@kiran8 (14197)
• Mangalore, India
LOL...I love the patchwork bed spread ! Mine takes about 15 minutes and changing sheets every week takes longer than that, good exercise since it involves bending and stretching ..
Yes, you get some bending and stretching for sure. Sometimes it feel like a full workout.