What's Happening Where You Are?

Here the news is still Hurricane Irma and I suspect soon it will be Hurricane Jose. I've heard that things are happening other places in the world but the news only talks of them in passing. SO here is my request: I'd like to know what the top stories are where you are. Please share the top story and what is happening in your part of the world. Let's learn more about the more localized stories! Here is the local story for the USA as told by the media. At least one of the more unusual ones!
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Attorneys announced a settlement Monday in a lawsuit over who owns the copyright to selfie photographs taken by a monkey before a federal appeals court could answer the novel legal question.
@franxav (5204)
TV channels have been telecasting the news of a journalist's (Gauri Lankesh) murder. Though it is everyone's guess that persons of a Hindu fundamentalist group have killed the fearless journalist, no arrests have been made in five days. The murder of a 7 year old boy in a Delhi School is also in the news for the last three days.In this case the bus conductor of a school bus has been arrested.
@franxav Hmm. I didn't know there were Hindu Fundamentalists. Is there anything about them to explain why they are out to commit murders?
@louievill (18966)
A typhoon also made land fall here in the Philippines this morning and another one is coming, classes of my children had been suspended in where we are today and tomorrow due to rains and heavy flooding..
@louievill Thanks for the information. Do you have a link I can follow it with? Keeping the Philippines in my prayers.
@louievill (18966)
@Berniezeitler thank you for your prayers Bernie, heres a link to those 2 Typhoons Lannie and Maring, think Lannie is now headed for Taiwan but Maring still batters us with continous rains aggravated by the monsoon.
Work in government offices and courts in Metro Manila, Calabarzon, and Central Luzon is suspended ahead of Maring's landfall
Unfortunately this is the big story around here this morning
The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office identified the three victims killed in a seven-vehicle crash caused by a suspected drunk driver in Arvada Sunday night.
@TiarasOceanView I'll keep the people dealing with loss in my prayers.
Of course, this is to be expected. I do not shop Amazon, thank goodness.
Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released.
@Tracy04 (10868)
Stay safe wherever you are. God bless!
Oddest story ever. Actually I have not been paying attention to any of the news around here so I have not idea what is going on. Usually when I go to the store and have to stand in line I read all of the headlines from the magazines and that is odd enough for me I don't even have to buy the magazines.
The lead story on every newscast, local or national is Hurricane Irma. And the aftermath of Irma. Right where I live things are good. But there are a lot of fires that have caused evacuations in British Columbia. And now in Alberta A main story in my province:
An out-of-control wildfire threatening Waterton Lakes National Park in southwestern Alberta has raged over the park boundaries, forcing hundreds of people to flee from nearby communities. Join CBC News at 11:30 a.m. MT as we livestream a wildfire update.
i am updated with this