Happy Tuesday!

Good morning/afternoon or evening to all my friends here in the myLot world. It's a bit of an overcast day here with the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds. The lawn people are here with their riding mowers so I have to keep my windows closed as it's noisy beyond belief. Once they leave I can get some fresh air into the house and enjoy the little breeze that's blowing. Not much happening here today. My daughter went to work and I'm trying to get some housework done. So far I've only gotten some laundry done and took out the chicken to defrost for dinner. I got caught up in a phone call with my Aunt who lives in Massachusetts about another Aunt who lives in Florida and had to evacuate due to the hurricane. We haven't been able to get in touch with her but with all the power outages and flooding I'm sure it will be awhile before we get any news. I'm in dire need of my second cup of coffee and some breakfast. I can already feel this day slipping away from me so maybe I'll have to rethink what I wanted to do. What's new and exciting with you?
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
I am a boring old retired lady, nothing new or exciting, housework and watching hubby rebuild the front porch.
I don't believe that you could be a boring anything @fishtiger58 I just don't believe it at all
@Juliaacv I have to agree with you Julia. @fishtiger doesn't sound like a boring old lady to me either
@fishtiger I love watching people work too
It's still a sunny and nice day here, so I had a wonderful walk, and even accomplished some pruning while on my second walk with Doodles. However, starting tomorrow, I won't have much time for days to myLot.
Sorry that you won't be here for awhile in the days to come but glad that you're enjoying the beautiful mornings with walks
@Marilynda1225 All fun things planned through Monday. Will stop by when I can!
we been out for an for breakfast. Given my our friend this morning.Then a nice walk after that.Nothing like spending the morning in the country.I loved it.
Sounds like a perfect start to your day Fredo
@Marilynda1225 yes it was.I loved it.Wish every day was like this for me.
Our days really do go quickly!! Hope you hear from your aunt in Florida soon. We have family in Orlando, Miami, and in Naples, and we have not been able to contact them yet due to power outages.
I'm sure it will take awhile before the power is restored. My aunt is in Clearwater and is 91 so I'm hoping all is well with her, her daughter and son. The rest of the family is here in the Northeast and have no way of knowing what's happening. Seems like you're in the same boat with your relatives
@Marilynda1225 Still cannot get through to my husband's mother, age 90, in Lake City, FL.. However, my husband's brother was able to post to FB, and he said the only damage to Mom's house was a tree that fell on the garage. As for the others, no word yet. I do hope your aunt is OK.
Hey, our lawn guys are here too! They're what woke me an hour before my alarm. Dang mowers
Those crazy mowers woke me up too and it always seems they come long before I'm ready to get out of bed ugh
@Marilynda1225 oh yes. And then they leave once finally up.
I hope you have a good day and hear from your aunt soon. We have power back so I'm grateful for that!
I was smiling when I saw you got your power back. I'm hoping we hear from my aunt soon too. She's 91 and lives in Clearwater. She was supposed to evacuate to her sons house which is in Tampa but we haven't heard from anyone now in days.
@Marilynda1225 I'm sorry, I really hope you hear from someone soon so you don't have to worry.
I have new teatowels. LOL! That is what is new with me :-D
New teatowels IS exciting!! I'd be happy with new ones
@Marilynda1225 I didn't pay for them either. Grandma had a clear out and she gave me them. Brand new too. :-D
I hope you hear from your aunt soon. Nothing new or exciting for me. We have lots of sunshine.
The sun did come out later this morning and it's been nice ever since. Got a bit warmer too and I had to put the a/c on.
@Marilynda1225 Not that warm here, though it could be today as it climbs into the 80's for one of the warmer days this summer.
I was up really early this morning. I didn't want to toss and turn and wake my husband, my problem was waking with a sore throat and a bit of a cold. I've been cleaning and went for a couple of medical appointments already. I want to finish reorganizing a closet this afternoon. Enjoy your afternoon!
Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope your cold doesn't linger and you feel better soon
@Marilynda1225 Thanks, I'm hoping so too. I had a garlic roast panini to eat just a little while ago, hopefully that will burn it out of me.
New and exciting, not much - oh we are going out for a while - starting to get cabin fever !! Now the new car will get wet
I love your new car!! I had a red car once but when my lease was up I didn't want to buy it so I got something else and they didn't have it available in red
@Marilynda1225 This is their new color - they had burgundy (we had one a few years ago) which was the only other color than black, grey, white..so I'm glad they went with red
• Lakewood, Colorado
As you know going to docs today Marilyn..hope the day is kind to you friend.
Hope the doctor gives you something magical so you start feeling better
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Marilynda1225 Hope so too Marilyn thanks
Nothing good..I found out I have some hackers on my computer..sigh! Well, I am going to have to get them off of here!
Hackers? that doesn't sound good. Get rid of them
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, I think a new router is the solution. I am afraid to mess with this one too much. I am no expert and could end up screwing up my connection completely!
Nothing I would call exciting - until tomorrow on my birthday. I will soon be forced to close my windows as well - the man is here with his noisy mower to do the lawn.
Must be the day for lawn mowing. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday (a little early)
@Marilynda1225 Thank you.
Enjoy the rest of the day with your windows open.
No windows open here it got so warm I had to put the a/c on
I am waiting to here about my grandmother too. They might not have power either.
It's so frustrating not hearing anything. I hope your grandmother is ok
@Tracy04 (10696)
So far no exciting activities, but I'm just MyLotting so that my min cashout reached.
Nothing new or exciting. The leaves are changing colors, the mornings are cool and today they have harvested the grapes.
@responsiveme (14367)
It's Wednesday night as I type out my response...It will be an early dinner today as I need to catch an early morning train tomorrow
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm in dire need of my second cup of coffee as well.
@PainsOnSlate (19021)
We were happy to hear from our family in Florida, they were safe and had no damage to their house, there business wasn't as lucky, they lost their generator.. our kids are coming this weekend, haven't seen them in a while...