Please don't think I am crazy.

have a cat here named patches that is so sweet. when I say I love this cat I mean it I do. I just have some issues that are not her fault. I can't take her fur all over the house. I don't want it in my food or kitchen. I try to keep it down by brushing her but I see it does very little. well, the animal shelter just called and they were on the way to pick her up. I have a very heavy heart and I could not let her go. the lady said do you have a scratching post? I said no and she asked where do I live? I told her she said well let me see what I can do about that. Patches is scratching my furniture and also a rug which the rug is ok. but I am so better now that the call came in and they are not taking her. I need to find some way to get a little better with the shedding. I bought a new brush and she loves being brushed. so much that she turns over to the other side. oh, my chest feels so much better now for sure. I was so worried But the lady told me they only kill aggressive cats and cats that test positive for something which I forgot. I have some issues with cleaning that hinder this poor sweet cat of mine. Iam about to give her a brush and treat right now. she will love that.
• Rochester, New York
There are little claw covers you can buy to put on Patches' claws. My nephew bought some for his cat before he got him declawed. This is what he bought. These covers will help considerably with the scratching. My cats shed as well, I have even ran a lint brush over them and it's grabbed onto a lot of the loose fur.
Amazon.com : 100Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps Claws Control Paws Of 5 Kinds Different Colors + 5Pcs Adhesive Glue + 5pcs Applicator with Instructions (S) : Pet Supplies
Thank you but I could nt use that. I am scared of anything with her claws I thought declawing was terrible but now I am thinking that might work. where do you learn about that. I would normally say no but if I kept her and have no mice it would not be a problem right. Thanks.
It sounds like you love your cat very much,but were not prepared to be a cat parent. A pet is a long term commitment. Yes, brushing is a good way to keep some of the fur contained. I hope they can get you a good scratching post, or you can buy or make one. Try to get one with rope rather than carpet, so they can distinguish that the scratching post is an appropriate place to scratch versus your carpet. Also, you can clip your cats nails to reduce damage done by scratching. It is relatively easy to do. Good luck to you and your cat.
I saw the clipper but I would need someone to do that for me. I am scared to even try. Thanks very much.
@singhisback (2258)
• Jalandhar, India
I hope you can somehow manage that
SO glad you found an option. You love that dear cat.
she is right here messing with me. she has no idea.
@sharon6345 .....Little dear. Crystal was so cute this morning. I was talking about her to Cami and she turned around and gave me this look. It was priceless.
@celticeagle That was cute I say.
@kobesbuddy (17027)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It's hard to keep up with cat hair, for sure. We use to have cats in our home, but not now.
I just brushed her I will do it in a little while.
@kobesbuddy (17027)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sharon6345 Awesome!:)
@kobesbuddy lol your nice.
@Tracy04 (10696)
I'm gonna miss patches
Patches is right here with me.
So are you now going to keep her?
Yes i am keeping her.