House of Weird Bread

My husband loves to bake a loaf of white bread each week. I do not eat white bread, but he says his baked white bread is quite tasty. Sometimes my husband forgets that the bread dough he plans to bake is rising. Due to his forgetting, he ends up with a bread dough that has risen to great heights and a bread dough that is falling over the edges of the bread pan. When baked, that bread dough of mammoth size with dough falling over the sides of the pan produces a huge loaf of white bread that renders jumbo and rather deformed slices of white bread. Of course, my husband says this bread tastes great! Sometimes my husband forgets he is baking bread in the oven. The result is a loaf of white bread that looks like a loaf of brown bread. The left-too-long-in-the-oven bread is a bit crunchy, but the middle of the white bread is nice and soft, according to my husband. So far, we are the house of the "Jumbo White Bread" and the "White Bread That Looks Like Brown Bread." I am waiting for my husband to forget about some crucial part of his bread baking process in the near future. I really want to add a third unique loaf of white bread to the list. Photo: Yesterday's "White Bread That Looks Like Brown Bread"
@kobesbuddy (7019)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My first attempt at baking white bread, it rose so high it stuck to the top of our apartment sized oven! I wedged it off with a pancake turner and when it cooled, I couldn't wait to cut into it! The entire middle was a large hole! LOL Bread, I don't do very well!
You had one very weird loaf of bread!!! I would have loved to have seen that white bread you baked.
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 My first husband could only stare at it. He didn't want to hurt my feelings!
Oh No! this means one thing, you will have to keep a check on that white bread in the oven before it turns into nasty brown bread, so your husband can have a perfect loaf of white bread.
Well, I do not want to tell him his bread is in trouble due to the fact that his mess-ups make for good discussions. And, photos!!!
• Lakewood, Colorado
Well yes, the middle of that loaf would be tasty hahaha He is a gem I keep telling you Deborah
He is good for laughs and always presents good photo opportunities.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 Bless him.
I have never attempt to make bread.Not sure why/
Well, most of the time, my husband's attempts are pretty good, but every now and then, he messes up.
@Corbin5 that it typical.Same here.My last batch of cookies were horrible.
@jaiho2009 (39084)
I can't stop smiling here - hehehe I will wait for the new addition to your husband's "weird bread" (^___^)
I am waiting for the next baking. This one does NOT look too good to me.
@jaiho2009 (39084)
@marlina I am not an expert baker, but I agree with you swetie- that one (picture) doesn't look good and I don't think it taste good too (opss)
I will be at the ready with my camera to get a photo of his next weird bread. He needs to focus on what he is doing.
Your husband sounds a bit like me when I cook. I am always forgetting some part of the process.
Yes, he does forget about that bread, and I forget to turn the outdoor hose off. Oh, dear!
@Corbin5 My mother was a great gardener but often used to leave a hose running.
@JudyEv Oh good. My husband forgets about bread, and I forget about the hose. I will watch his bread dough and he can check my hose.
I have been known to bake white bread that looks like brown bread. It's quite difficult to do, you know. :)
It must be a real struggle. I am proud of the fact my husband carries on despite the struggle.
@Corbin5 Your husband is truly a man to be admired. :)
That is a big "tanned" loaf of bread he has! I've never been much of a bread eater, and as the years progress I am even less of one.
I only eat whole wheat bread, but not very often. I like the term "Tan Bread!!!"
@Corbin5 Tanned & crunchy (grains) is my favorite.
• Marion, Kansas
Possibly he needs to set an alarm to remind him of what he is doing.
He really should. He could use his cell phone for that. Silly man.
The only decent bread I make is done by my bread machine. Whole wheat multigrain or rye bread is all we eat, if we have bread at home. If your hubby thinks it looks good and tastes good, then more power to him. lol
He seems to be quite happy with his weird bread, so the bread-baking will continue. Hope I really get at least one more weird bread to share with all of us here.
• Preston, England
I gues the shape of the bread doesn't matter if it tastes good
Yes, big bread tastes pretty good, and it makes for a huge sandwich.
What doesn't your husband do? He runs in marathons and bakes bread. Does he always bake it the same way?
No, something his bread turns out beautifully if he doesn't get distracted by doing other things around here.
@Corbin5 So, he has to learn to concentrate on one thing at a time or Molly should help him then she can stare him down and then maybe he can concentrate on the bread. Does he just make it for the family or sell it too?
@Hannihar He just makes it for family.
@responsiveme (12683)
It's a white bread brownie!Having said that I would definitely love home made bread....Ours is always store bought
I love it!! It is a "white bread brownie!!!"
@Corbin5 my mom used to bake breads and I tried my hand when the kids were around...Not loafs but more of buns and scones with fillings. Cooking reduced to minimum after the nest got empty
@responsiveme Same here. Our nest is empty too.
@fly802 (707)
I hope you will find nicely baked white loaf from your husband next time.
Maybe I will remind him next time, but then I would not have a discussion to write!!!
@fly802 (707)
@Corbin5 You can write a new discussion with the white loaf.It would be lovely.
At least he tries! I think he will eventually get the recipe right! In the meantime, I hope he enjoys his brow..er white bread he made!
Well, he did say it tastes good, so at least it is not a waste of dough!
@Corbin5 That is a relief as it is not a waste of dough (bread) or the dough (slang term for money! lol!
@Tracy04 (10418)
It's still edible I believe, maybe the outsides are only turns dark
He did eat it, so no wasted bread!!
@Tracy04 (10418)
@Corbin5 That's good to hear
@singhisback (2278)
• Jalandhar, India
Still I feel he likes to cook and bake and that's very good
He really does like to cook and bake, which is good because I do not.
• Jalandhar, India
@Corbin5 haha that's good
I wonder which could be a third unique bread from your husband, but I am curious to see.
I am hoping it will be a bread that looks like an animal of some kind. A sea otter would do.
@Corbin5 Sooner or later it will happen.
@alberello75 (11134)
• Genova, Italy
I think, from what I see in the picture, it was too much inside the oven. Maybe your husband should cook a little less. At that point, it could be called "white bread"
Well as long as he eats it, and I don't, he can cook all the weird bread he wants.
@alberello75 (11134)
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 Yes, if he likes it ...
@Jackalyn (5747)
• Oxford, England
That's really quite funny and I really empathize with your husband because I also make very strange loads of bread only mineed are usually wholemeal. Sure your husband is right when he says that his bread is very tasty because homemade bread usually is.
I am just glad he ate it. I hope his next attempt results in bread looking like a sea otter.