~The Story Of Our Adoption~

Jacksonville, Florida
This is the story of the cat (stray) who adopted our family months ago when we were in our old house... We all fell in love with this cat, even though my husband and I aren't usually cat people. This one though, was different. He was sweet and loving-plus attached to us. And especially attached to our youngest daughter and she loved him just as much! When we moved out of there we told our daughter we would come back for the cat when we were able to. So, the other day we went to the old neighborhood to get him back and bring him with us... There was a problem with getting him though at first. An old neighbor took him to the vet and took him in themselves. They also loved him very much. My daughter was hysterical. She burst into tears and ran into my husbands arms. He promised we would get another cat for her but of course no other one was good enough-she wanted Pebbles. The couple saw how upset our daughter was and how much she wanted him. The woman said you can have Pebbles back since you obviously love him so very much. The woman hugged my daughter and told her she could have him as long as if anything doesn't work out we bring him back to them. She promised and we took him with us. We have spoke to them on the phone and let them know he's in good hands and we love him so very much! It was the best thing that could have happened to our little girl, she is SO happy!! We bought everything Pebbles needs. Our daughter takes care of him, feeds and waters him, brings him to the litter box, and gives him the ear drops he was prescribed. A very happy ending for all of us! Did I mention my dog and Pebbles actually get along!! It's awesome. =) The picture is of Pebbles
I call bullshit, you're afraid of cats, Scar said so. Dogs and cats aren't 'natural' enemies, although since both species are territorial they will battle over that at times. I know lots of people that keep both and they normally get along fine. Scar sez he approves.
@vandana7 (57210)
Scar must be gay..
@LovingMyBabies I've been owned by cats for 57 years basically, I've had a few dogs as well, but I am cat people.
@JolietJake I had no idea the way they put their tails could mean many different things!
I am so glad the woman gave the cat to your daughter, I would have dine the same thing. I have a cat that adopted me as well, a throw out. My dogs wants to chase him but I make them stop. he sits on the rail of the deck looking down at the dogs all the time.
@andriaperry We were so grateful! We all love him so much. =) My dog is actually scared of Pebbles, which I find pretty funny! My Rottweiler is terrified of my cat...
@FayeHazel (10878)
He's a beautiful tabby. That was kind of those people to let kitty live with you and your daughter. It sounds like she loves him a great deal. I think cats choose us.
@Fayehazel Thank you! Yes it was so nice of them. =) She does love him very much!
@FayeHazel (10878)
@LovingMyBabies I'm so happy for her -- I think they will be great friends for years
@FayeHazel Yes they will. =)
@Tina30219 (25847)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is good that you got the cat back. That's good the cat and dog get along. Our dog gets along with both of our cats and our cats love the dog.
@Tina30219 Thank you. That's good that yours get along too!
@Tina30219 (25847)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Your welcome. It is so cute they will go up to the dog when he is laying on the porch and lay on him and the dog lets them.
@Tina30219 Aw so sweet!
I am glad that Pebbles found his forever home with your daughter and your family. He is a lucky little guy and very handsome too.
@Happy2beme Thank you! =) He's a happy boy!
@LovingMyBabies awww so sweet. You can see the love and special bond that they have for each other.
@Happy2BeMe Yes, she loves Pebbles so much! It's adorable. =)
I am so glad she got to keep Pebbles. Most dogs and cats I have had have gotten along fairly well, even if there was a bit of a trial and error at first. My sister adopted a stray that was hanging around under their deck. That cat is a piece of work..but they love her..and she them.
@snowy22315 Thank you, me too! =) Lol, I'm sure they do love her. Cats definitely have a mind of their own!
@LovingMyBabies Yes, mine lets me know he does not care for sniffing and sneezing..IF you do it around him, you will get an annoyed meow and a glare!
@snowy22315 Lol that's too funny!
What an amazing story. Pets can be very beneficial for kids. Great to hear your dog gets along with the cat. I am mostly a dog person, and I wish I could get a puppy for my kids, but I want to wait a little longer before I take on another responsibility.
@thehousewife Thank you! We are dog people too but this cat just took to us. He's very sweet and actually made me change my mind about never having a cat. Lol. Yes, you probably don't need more on your shoulders. Puppies are so much work and gross creatures. Lol. If we ever adopted another dog it would be at least 1.5 years old.
@LovingMyBabies I love dogs and my children love them too, but taking care of another "baby" right now is too much. When my children get independent enough to help me out, then I will definitely get one.
@LeaPea2417 (14690)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is great that your daughter got to keep him and that he is such a sweet cat. He is a pretty cat too.
@Leapea2417 Thank you! =) We love him so much.
@LeaPea2417 (14690)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies Your welcome
Awww, I'm glad they let you guys take him. Its a big step for your daughter too, that's good. Go Jailynn.!
@Courtlynn I know, we were all so excited!
@LovingMyBabies should be! Yay.
@Platespinner (18096)
This kitty, Smokey adopted my Big People 12 years ago. He's a mighty, ferocious hunter...and yes, I like living dangerously. They have another kitty, Moonpie, who adopted them four years ago, but he's a bit camera shy. And then there are the two spoiled female cats...
@Platespinner Aw, too cute! Lol, I see that being that close!
@LovingMyBabies The dog would have flattened me (the photo is out of focus because Nessie is only still when she's asleep), but the cats mostly just ignore my presence.
@vandana7 (57210)
I was told cats don't like to move ..they prefer to remain in same place.
@vandana7 Pebbles is adjusting just fine.
@vandana7 (57210)
@LovingMyBabies Oh good..:)
My kitty adopted me too. I've known her since she was a kitten and she lived close by, but I'm not sure where. Anyway she moved out of her home and in with my neighbours. Kitty and I hadn't seen each other for a while as I was working etc. Anyway, so I had to give up work and I'm home all day and Kitty decided that she wanted me as her owner. She started coming in thru the open windows at night etc. I found her in the house all the time. That was about 5 months ago. She's here now 24/7. Cats choose their owners. Pebbles obviously loves your family as much as you all love him.
@SerenityEngel I'm glad your kitty chose you as well. Yes Pebbles always hung around outside of our old home, meowing and waiting for us to open the door for him. Lol.
• Marion, Kansas
What kind people to think of your little girl and let her have Pebbles back. How does that work being in an apartment?
@Gardengerty Yes it was so nice of them. They made my daughter's year! It's not bad, we make it work-good thing he's small!
@prashu228 (22254)
Aww baby... glad she finally got the loved cat..i am sure the cat is lucky one
@prashu228 Thank you, we're all very happy! =)
@responsiveme (14383)
Pebbles is certainly my good looking and looking well groomed. Glad it turned out well for everybody.
@responsiveme Thank you! He's a good cat. =)
That is a great story. I am glad your daughter got the cat.
@jstory07 Thank you, me too! =)
Aw I am glad the neighbor gave him back.
@TRBROCKS420 Me too! =)
What a wonderful couple to allow you to care for Pebbles. Your daughter will gain so much by giving tender-loving care to this beautiful cat.
@Corbin5 Yes, they were so nice to let her have him. =) They have a strong bond.
Now that's a happy ending ..... er, continuation
@rebelann Yes! =)
• Riga, Latvia
Pebbles is an adorable cat. Nice to hear this all had a happy ending.
@Rasmasandra Thank you. =)