The court it has to be...sigh

@vandana7 (57187)
So..the bank lost the document (first page actually) Home loan was repaid. They couldn't give me the original completely. Wanted to just give me a copy that anybody can obtain, as if I need to collect the documents from bank for that. I asked for some procedure to be followed, they did part of it with great deal of resistance. Just when the document was to be registered, the Internet failed us. Now, they are not willing to fulfill their commitment, which means Internet was my savior. Advocate is screaming .."consumer court", "consumer court"...called up consumer court...a senior man there says I would be entitled to at least $3,125. Spoke to the advocate suggested by him. That man says we will as $10,000. The amount may seem like pittance to you all. But out here, it is decent sum. The point is, the process will take some more time... When will I get a chance to hang my boots?
• Lakewood, Colorado
I hope this will go very smoothly and you will be awarded the money..no that money is huge to me Vanny. How unprofessional of them to lose that document. I am sorry you have had to go through this terrible thing.
@vandana7 (57187)
Thanks Oshy..it has been so annoying and insulting. I had given it in writing that these are the things expected right at the beginning. The guys did not bother to read the note. Now when the matter was in the last stages, I was saved in the nick of the time by Internet failure. The guys are refusing outright..and he even said, he is fed up of me asking things...damn him. He deserves to be punished. He is a junior clerk in the office, and has the audacity to talk like that to me. I have spoken to the advocate, and he is only too glad to take it up from here. I was the one who was trying to be accommodating. They possibly felt she is too old to run about courts. Now, I am not stopping. It is going to be serious thing, a precedent that will scare other bankers as well.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@vandana7 Yes it has gone on for too long now and he is an absolute ignoramus to do this and as well as have the nerve to speak to you in that degrading manner. The bank and him deserve everything they get now and I am glad you are taking them to court!!!
@gauti2483 (616)
You should force the bank manager to find out your first page ,you say how to lost my original documents you can ask them
@vandana7 (57187)
I have been trying to do that for almost an year now. Its not working.
@vandana7 so sad, then now I have no any idea so sorry
@mandala100 (25004)
@vandana7 Good luck to your case against the bank my friend.
@vandana7 (57187)
Thank you...god is my witness, I tried to avoid this stage.
@mandala100 (25004)
@vandana7 Alright my friend and I'll see you again.
@Daljinder (19767)
Is that amount really in dollars???
@vandana7 (57187)
No...Indian rupees. Today the bank official was so rude. It is not everyday I call them or visit them. It is a priority for me, but I am consulting many people on it. Sometimes, they are not available. For once in a blue moon phone call, the fellow said, I am fed up with you. Tell me who should be fed up of whom?
@Daljinder (19767)
@vandana7 You used dollar signs which confused me
@vandana7 (57187)
@Daljinder 200000 INR and 700000 INR
@jaiho2009 (39079)
The bank lost the first page of the documents! What the... how irresponsible (goodness) Is it your Land/House title that the bank lost?
@vandana7 (57187)
Yes. That is how irresponsible they have been, and then not fulfilling any of the conditions when I am trying to be nice about the issue. I am literally forced to approach the court.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
@vandana7 That's really something for a bank to lost a very important document. All the best my dear , that bank needs a good lesson to learn.
@vandana7 (57187)
@jaiho2009 .. Exactly. It is annoying that they were rude to me even as I was trying to settle the matter out of court to bring down my headaches.
I do hope this is resolved soon. A nice amount of money to be had!
@vandana7 (57187)
The senior man in consumer court said 3125 dollars GUARANTEED in about six months time. Advocate referred by him says $10,000 dollars GUARANTEED. Let us see who is proved right. That is apart from getting other obligations fulfilled.. I am fed up.
@vandana7 I would be fed up too, my friend!!!
@PainsOnSlate (19021)
All I know is no matter where you live if you are forced to go to court for "help" it takes a long long time to win, I hope you get what you expect to get and hope it doesn't take years.
@vandana7 (57187)
I thought it was different in other countries. I thought only in India such things happen.
• Riga, Latvia
I hope it all works out for you.
@vandana7 (57187)
I hope so too..not feeling comfortable about it at all.
I wish you the best luck, I hope you can get that money.
@vandana7 (57187)
Thank you anna..god is my witness, I tried for out of court settlement. It did not happen that way..sigh.
@vandana7 It's sad not to obtain what we are entitled to have.
@vandana7 (57187)
@LadyDuck .. I am a bit depressed naturally. I thought the work would be over this week. Last week itself it felt terrible. I don't feel like doing anything...
@JustBhem (20594)
• Davao, Philippines
Well, I think it leaves you no choice but to wait.
@vandana7 (57187)
In India, court procedures are long drawn processes.
@JustBhem (20594)
• Davao, Philippines
@vandana7 Same here in my country.
@vandana7 (57187)
@JustBhem .. It comes with excess population because there cannot be enough tax payers, and less tax payers means less number of folks in law enforcement and judiciary. That makes it easier for those officials to become corrupt as well. Sigh...simple common sense.
@responsiveme (14367)
These type of work really gets you down but if that money is your due then you should go and get it.
@vandana7 (57187)
It has been almost an year now...I feel so tired at the thought of this.
@vandana7 yes, but it'll be good when you get the payment
@vandana7 (57187)
@responsiveme .. Hope so. The return should obviously be good for the effort...and serve as a deterrent to bank officials.
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
That a good sum of money. Hope you good luck Vandana
@vandana7 (57187)
Thanks ..I need every bit of prayer and luck I can get. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks once again.
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
@vandana7 You are welcome Vanny
I hope everything is resolved sooner rather than later.
@vandana7 (57187)
Oh the advocate called today, and asked for some papers, which we scanned and sent across. The complaint would be filed on wednesday before that he will drop in for signatures..
@bluesa (11791)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am so sorry that they messed up like this and were so unhelpful, definitely take them to court! And that is quite a good sum of money in S.A too.
@vandana7 (57187)
Ah...thank you...yes, it seems decent sum if you think of it. To think I gave them a chance to do it at no cost, out of court settlement..sigh.
@yugocean (4292)
Is that your story vamp? Thank Me (thank God) bank employees were not offering you pickles. Take your money back and start a factory.