Kidnapping near my hometown

@FayeHazel (10783)
It is a strange, sad world that we live in, at times. Through the past couple of years I have come to really enjoy mystery books, books involving kidnapping, and survivors getting away ... I enjoy them because they keep you guessing, there are twists and turns, and not always - but usually there is a tale of strength and good overcoming evil. But they are just stories, in the end, and I like to believe that such things don't happen. I just found out from a friend who still lives in the area that a 15 year old girl got kidnapped near the area I grew up. 3 men took her - abused her for months until she got away by swimming across a lake. The 3 men were caught, are in jail and I hope they throw away the key! What are wrong with these people? I'm happy she got away, but she'll never be the same. Come to think on it, this brings me to another audiobook I listened to about a year ago. It was written by a lady named Michelle Knight who was a survivor along with 2 other women of a man who held them hostage for 11 years. I forget the book title, but it was her real accounting of what happened. My heart goes out to her. But that book gave me literal nightmares. What's wrong with people like that? Alexandria area abducted girl:
A Minnesota teen who was kidnapped for almost a month swam across a lake Tuesday to escape her abductors, officials said.
@1creekgirl (8347)
I'm thankful she escaped, but you're right, she will never be the same. There is a lot of evil in this world.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I hope once she heals she is able to use her experience for good in some way, but you're right, she is changed forever now
• Pleasant Hill, California
@FayeHazel Your thoughts echo mine. It's empowering that she was able to escape as she did. I hope that gives her a step up on the road to recovery.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@TheHorse So awesome, what a survivor. Hopefully she will find an outlet to help others
• Eugene, Oregon
I read about this incident and can't imagine how three men could all be that depraved in a group! They deserve no mercy and I hope they go to prison for life.
@FayeHazel (10783)
It's horrible - I cannot imagine why anyone would do that to another person -- a special sort of "sick" only thing I can think of. I think they should ship people who do these sort of crimes to an isolated region with only others like them there....
I'm glad she got away from them and they are in jail, and yes, I hope they do throw away the key.
@FayeHazel (10783)
So true! I hope she can start to heal emotionally
@FayeHazel That is going to take a lot of time.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@just4him So true, poor kid. :/
I remember watching a movie about the women held for 11 years. Yes, those three in the photo should never be released.
@FayeHazel (10783)
Now I'm interested - in that movie about the women held for 11 years. However the book actually gave me nightmares....
@FayeHazel Well, it sure is not a happy movie.
Directed by Alex Kalymnios. With Taryn Manning, Raymond Cruz, Katie Sarife, Samantha Droke. A single mother who becomes the first victim of kidnapper Ariel Castro finds herself trapped in his home for 11 years, where she eventually becomes a friend and sis
@FayeHazel (10783)
@Corbin5 Thanks for the link... I might have to look it up, or not. It's fascinating, but it's also tragic
Thank God she escaped and, I hope they rot in @#$#
@Jotomy (6084)
luckily she escaped
@FayeHazel (10783)
@Jotomy So true!
@FayeHazel (10783)
Me too! People who do such things should be shipped off somewhere with only others who did such acts. Good luck surviving, creeps.
They are psychopaths plain and simple and the most evil kind. those with no trace of humanity.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I think you are right, only a psychopath can do such horrible things with no remorse
• Pleasant Hill, California
@FayeHazel Or someone who is not playing with a full deck.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@TheHorse I suppose. That does make sense. Call me weird but I have been fascinated by the Jeffery Dahmer case recently. I've listened to interviews with him - apparently even he didn't know exactly why he did what he did and wished that he hadn't. Trying to make sense of it, I finally decided is pointless -- a person could never understand those who deal evil acts or their motives.
@Jackalyn (6664)
• Oxford, England
So glad this poor girl managed to escape but I'm sure that it will mess it up for the rest of Her Life. It's a terrible world we seem to be living in Ware people can't just be safe I pray quite a lot for missing children and it's amazing how many of them there are. When she was small my daughter was briefly taken by church contact but fortunately the contact only got as far as the next market stall and she did come and bring her back but I still remember turning round and screaming that my baby had gone so I really identify with the parents of these children who go missing.
@FayeHazel (10783)
Oh that is so scary about your daughter - did the woman say why she did it? I am happy that she only got as far as the next stall. It's true - I cannot for the life of me figure out why someone would want to do that to another living person. But I suppose that is because the ones who do it are depraved. Should all be shipped off to some island with others of their own kind
@Jackalyn (6664)
• Oxford, England
@FayeHazel The woman said that it was because she wanted to show me how easy it was to take a child!!!!!!!@
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Jackalyn That's a bit sick. Could traumatize the child.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes it is very common that this happens Faye..but in a place where you grew up is even close to home. I hope the girl will be able to deal with this and glad she made it through. I know what this is like personally.
@FayeHazel (10783)
It's bone chilling that this is common. I hope she has a lot of strength and will heal emotionally now. Oh my goodness Tiara.... I am so happy you made it out of your situation. If you ever want to talk... pm me .... I hope that you have recovered from your ordeal - though I would only imagine that it changes one forever
• Lakewood, Colorado
@FayeHazel It happened many long years ago now Faye..I have had long hours of therapy and all is well now though I will say the memories and trauma never leave you..I was very young in my teens too. Thanks dear friend.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@TiarasOceanView I am so happy you got therapy and that life is well, now. I admire your strength and your sharing with me.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
Sick sick sick, I don't understand either.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I wish they would ship those types off to some island populated only with others like themselves
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@FayeHazel I could not agree more with no means of ever leaving that island.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@fishtiger58 Agree totally
Yes, there is a big difference between fiction and non-fiction, isn't there?
@FayeHazel (10783)
So true there -- I have read fiction stories many times dealing with similar content - never bothers me - it's the real life stuff that is very scary
@FayeHazel And sometimes real life is much more strange and horrible than fiction.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@JudyEv So true. The real life horror is far more scary
@bluesa (11901)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
This is the stuff of nightmares, truly! I hope these very evil, sick individuals go to prison for life! What a pity they exist at all.
@FayeHazel (10783)
So very true there -- I can watch scary movies, because they aren't real. What really scares me is stuff like this that actually happened
@bluesa (11901)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , agreed, this is true horror. Thank goodness she got away. May she get all the help she needs to somehow recover from what she was put through.
@FayeHazel (10783)
@bluesa So agree. Very sad
@Deepizzaguy (7287)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My late mom would say "People today do not have God in their thoughts or lives." We are paying the price for living a lifestyle of "If it feels good, do it."
@FayeHazel (10783)
That is wisdom there. Sad, sad state of affairs today
• Pleasant Hill, California
Those three men look like they might not be the sharpest tacks in the shed.
@FayeHazel (10783)
True.... too bad they're the type to act on nasty thoughts, too apparently
@kepweng (5874)
very sad news and too scarry and im happy that the victim escape is the 3 people arrested? i heard a story before that a man abducted 3 girls in ohio at hes house and held like a prisoner for 10 or 13 years if im not mistaken
@FayeHazel (10783)
Oh yes, happily they caught all 3 of the men. You're right about the Ohio case - I read a book about it by one of the survivors - truly horrifiying.
remain safe
@FayeHazel (10783)
Thanks!
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
This world is a real nightmare anymore. I am so glad that she got away but like you said, she will never be the same. I hope justice is served and these three guys gets what is coming to them.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I agree, maybe someone will dish out some prison justice
This is so heartbreaking. I don't understand why people do this. I am so happy that she got away. I hope she can recover from this and not have this effect her life too badly. As for the men, they need 24 hours of solitude. They are terrible!
@FayeHazel (10783)
So true. I'm happy she got away but you're right - her life is changed forever now. I think - ship the men off to some deserted island, with only other who have done similar crimes
I hope the girl gets good counseling and gets over this trauma. Those guys do not deserve to see life outside of prison bars for life. They aren't even worth being on the internet to give them attention, and for those other sick ones who want to or have done the same, some notoriety with those other sick ones. I know my dad told me this kind of men never do well in prison, and I hope that is true in this case.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I hope your dad is right too - I don't think the other inmates treat kidnappers too well in there. I agree , I hope that they got her right in to therapy
@Jotomy (6084)
mmm what's wrong with the people. There are real stories happening the same way in India too. Dont know where the world going.
@FayeHazel (10783)
That is so sad to hear that this is a world wide thing. I hope life improves
@resukill22 (4013)
They have no Heart to do that such thing.
@FayeHazel (10783)
I agree! No conscious