My Criminal Mugshots

@CoralLevang (34502)
Why is it that identification pictures always make people seem to look like criminals? Today, I applied for my enhanced driver's license, since I had my passport and could bring that in. I'm awaiting my new photo ID, which actually doesn't look too bad. I'll show that one when it comes in. Then I went to get new passport pictures taken, and went to the post office to get all of the forms needed and the mailing package, so that I can renew my passport. I have taken a picture of my passport picture and my new picture for the renewal, and I look like a criminal! I can also see just how much I've changed in the 12 years since I got this last picture. I think I look better at 62 than I did at 50. Yet, I can see how I've aged. I think that the only difference between these and criminal mugshots is that I don't have the little placard with the number in front of me under my chin. And I don't plan on having one of those kinds of photographs taken anytime soon! Do your ID pictures look this bad?
I think you look pretty darn good in both photos! You can't fake pretty!
@CoralLevang (34502)
Offers you glasses cleaning wipes
@CoralLevang Lol! I don't see you wearing your glasses!. Take another good look!
@CoralLevang (34502)
@DianneN they won't let you wear a glasses on that unless you have a note from the doctor that says You must
I don't understand why they don't want you to smile in the photos. I think that your pic looks fine. Even without a smile Coral, you are lovely.
@CoralLevang (34502)
new enhanced driver's license has a smiling picture. I'll share that when it comes in the mail... and thank you for the compliment. I look at the difference between the two pictures and it's scary that I ever wore my hair the other way
@CoralLevang I look at my pics from the 80's and laugh.
@CoralLevang (34502)
@ElusiveButterfly *laughs* I have no idea where all the pics from the 1980s are!
@Angelee_27 (3479)
My boyfriend looks like a serial killer in his ID photo.
@CoralLevang (34502)
Those are the kinds of pictures that you make sure you send your family when you first let them know who your boyfriend is! Before they meet him! Haha
@vandana7 (55437)
All I can say is, criminal or not, you are a purdy lady...the present one is more serene because of the hairstyle as well, whereas the younger you seems more optimistic in some way. @TheHorse, what do you think. Doesn's she look like she committed many many many murders? Sigh...............and I am supposed to be the Vampire Queen.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I see a bit more optimism in the one on the left too. But I don't see 12 years of aging. Maybe it's because the photo on the left has no nose, just feathers.
@vandana7 (55437)
@TheHorse How observant.. Edit... seems more like an arrow of some sort..lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 I interpret it as the tail of an arrow, which would be feathers if you are an Indian...wait...you're an Indian...feathers if you're an American Indian... wait, I'm overrun with American Indians...if you're Native American.
Your pictures don't looks too bad at all. Mine is pretty scary..lol
@CoralLevang (34502)
I don't even think the one from 12 years ago even looks like me. And that's scary! Or delusional.
I have often wondered the same thing. Yours don't look too bad.
@CoralLevang (34502)
Why thank you very much. At least I don't think I look scary
@Deepizzaguy (6513)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I have to have my picture taken at the place to get my drivers license without my glasses on. It looks different but okay.
@CoralLevang (34502)
I had mine new drivers license picture taken, as well today. And when that comes in at least I was able to smile, but I could not wear glasses
• Peoria, Arizona
You are so beautiful! You look fine and way better than most people! My ID I look like I weigh 500 lbs and am stoned, i was also very red because I just got in from waiting outside and I wasn't prepared at all since I was still holding everything and they wouldn't let me put down any of my stuff.
@CoralLevang (34502)
ROFLMAO That made me laugh--"...look like I weigh 500 lbs and am stoned..." They sure don't make it easy on us, do they?
• Peoria, Arizona
@CoralLevang Haha, they really don't! At least for school id pictures we were allowed to pose so we can make sure the double chin is kind of nonexistent!
@CoralLevang (34502)
@DesirousDreamer lol... well, when we get to a certain age we might all have a couple of double chins or no Chin at all!
@SonjaRae (5640)
My last drivers license picture looks like I'm drunk or a stroke victim. So I understand
@CoralLevang (34502)
I think my new drivers license actually looks pretty good. I'll let you see it when I get it
@SonjaRae (5640)
@CoralLevang (34502)
So, were you drunk?
Are you kidding me? Those don't look bad at all!
@CoralLevang (34502)
No, not kidding. I think they are horrible. Maybe it's because they don't allow smiling. I dunno.
@CoralLevang yeah. Compared to my passport photos. yours look good. My photos look like straight from a police line-up.
@CoralLevang (34502)
@allen0187 That's what I think about mine! And what the hell was I thinking 12 years ago? That's a photo I wish didn't exist. LOL
@KrauseHome (32392)
Personally what bugs me, is how many people continue to want to use the same pictures all the time over and over again instead of updating them. Especially in my case where I now weigh like 80 pds less than I used too. But overall I hate most of my pictures, and really wish there were a way to make me look more photogenic.
@CoralLevang (34502)
That's why digital pictures/cell phone pics are so great. If you don't like them, you delete them!
@KrauseHome (32392)
@CoralLevang Yes... wish we could have more of a chance to choose from when getting pictures done for something important.
@CoralLevang (34502)
@KrauseHome Maybe some day that will be the case.
@poehere (16027)
• French Polynesia
Your photo looks a heck of a lot better than mine. I hate mine and refuse to show it to anyone. My French passport is horrid, and the American one is a lot better. I just can't believe how awful they make you look in your passport photos these days.
@CoralLevang (34502)
I hear ya!
@poehere (16027)
• French Polynesia
@CoralLevang I look like some rubber neck idiot with a blown up face and make it look like it is longer than my face actually is. So it is stretched long and wide on mine. It is a joke to see mine. Horrible if you ask me.
@LeaPea2417 (12834)
• Toccoa, Georgia
You look good in both photos. I haven't had my drivers license pic done in 8 years. My recent passport pic looks ok.
@CoralLevang (34502)
Thanks, Anne Marie. I hope the drivers' license comes out okay.
@UncleJoe (7251)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
When getting your license picture taken at our DMV thet insist that we not smile because it's not likely we will be smiling if we get pulled over.
@CoralLevang (34502)
And at our DMV they make us smile because they want us to look happy.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I would not even share my most recent drivers licence photo. I spent three hours in line (the queue, I believe, for our British readers) with people who spoke only Spanish. I was not about to smile. I would not trust my 3-year-olds with the man in that photo.
@CoralLevang (34502)
My driver's license will look much better. I'll share that one.
Your pictures don't look bad! Mine are pretty awful, I have to admit.
@CoralLevang (34502)
I think they all are!
• Guangdong, China
My any ID pictures seems like triple times of my real face!
@CoralLevang (34502)
The fact that they take the picture so upfront and personal on our faces doesn't help!
@FourWalls (8449)
Absolutely. You may remember the joke about the military ID, where they'd tell you they had to re-take the picture because the one they had taken came out looking too much like you.
@CoralLevang (34502)
Oh, my goodness! Some of those were the absolute worst!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
My I'd picture doesn't look anything like me
@CoralLevang (34502)
Well what I see in the mirror and what I see here are a bit different
@sabtraversa (8547)
It's very common, otherwise the joke "we all look good in selfies, why don't you set your ID photo as avatar picture?" wouldn't make any sense. I can't wait for changing/updating my ID. I look so bad, and I was 15 kg (33 lbs) heavier back then. My hair was greasy and make up was horrible, but hey, I was only 14 that time.