Free Haircut? I left a bad review.

A month ago, I wrote here on myLot about our hair salon ordeal. I updated my 5 stars review to 1 star review. Harsh, but my fiancé and I have been loyal customers for a couple years. We've been disappointed with our last couple of visits to the point we walked out. It was finally time to update my review. If we have an appointment and show up on time, and they're taking walk-in's who have no appointment and came after us - NOT RIGHT! This afternoon, I received a message from the "new ownership" manager who contacted me via Yelp expressing his apology and after reading all the "bad reviews" (not just from me) regarding time management + appointments, they now have a receptionist and to invite me back for a free haircut and shampoo. We still haven't found a good salon to go to, but my fiance won't set back his foot in that salon. Once he's done, he's done. Me? I don't know. I don't really need a haircut at the moment.
@responsiveme (14366)
You could go once more and check it out but at your convenience
Yes, no rush at all. And I wouldn't want to go during a time that's crowded. Maybe I could make an appointment and see if they hold on to their "new promises" about having a receptionist and managing appointments, times better.
@louievill (16205)
If God forgives maybe we can too lol! You mentioned " new ownership " perhaps former were the ones who screwed up, if it's indeed under new management, it's a big effort on part of the new owners to seek you out, apologize and offer something free, a good sign of humbleness and sincerity to win old and new customers. I would probably give them a second chance if it were me.but better not screw up this time.
Who knows if it's a new ownership or not. It is a franchise though. It was nice of him to offer a free cut and shampoo on them. I'll make an appointment sometime next month (I don't need a haircut yet) and we'll see if everything works out.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I'm not sure what I would do either... it's the principal... you screwed me over .. and I don't forgive easily.. they should have thought about that to begin with. I think now maybe they are just desperate because they lost too many customers and are feeling the pinch.
Exactly how my fiancé is. Once he's screwed over, he'll blurt something then that's it. You won't see him again! Me, it depends. I don't need a haircut at the moment, but he did try a different place (we don't like the stylist) so he's still looking for a new spot. I also don't want to wait either even if it's free because the last two visits we wasted our time hence the bad review. But we shall see.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@infatuatedbby well i guess you can give them one last shot..
@minx267 Perhaps next month!!
It's a new management so it's not exactly the same old salon. I would five a try, it's free after all.
Yes, have nothing to lose right? :) But I will make an appointment. He mentioned new management and they're trying to make changes.
@infatuatedbby At least you can see if they are really making an effort to satisfy the clients.
@LadyDuck Yes, I will get to see that if it's true. :)
@alberello75 (12968)
• Genova, Italy
And you should look for the best "store" for a haircut, when you need it
Hard to pick a best store. Could be best for someone, but not for someone else.
@alberello75 (12968)
• Genova, Italy
@infatuatedbby It must work well for you, in your case
@alberello75 Let's see! Will do an update then!
@MsBooklover (2020)
I would take advantage of it. It is free!
It won't hurt, right!
@infatuatedbby Did you get the free haircut?
@MsBooklover Not yet, next month!
@JustBhem (20594)
• Davao, Philippines
It's not fair at all. What's the use of reservation if that what it takes? Good thing you are done with that salon. I think you will find another one.
Yeah definitely not fair so that is why we walked out. Now, they said its under new management and they want to welcome me back with a free haircut.
@JustBhem (20594)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby And what can you say about that?
@JustBhem They want a second chance. I didn't reply, but it won't hurt to try it out and make an appointment. If it does happen, I will update my review again!
Would it be someone different doing the work? If not, then why go back.
I will take a different hair stylist. I'll make an appointment next month and see how it goes!
@infatuatedbby it will be fine!!
@AbbyGreenhill I think so too! I will update my experience then :)
@kepweng (5789)
its good to grab the oppurtunity to have a Free haircut cause its only happens once?
I will sometime next week. I am in need of a hair cut.
I would try to see if the new management really cares about the customers.
I will get a hair cut and do an update here on myLot. :)
@antonbunot (9290)
• Calgary, Alberta
I would suggest you give them one more chance!
I will next month ~ thank you.
It might be worth it if the cuts were good. New managers might make it right. My husband is like your fiance. Once he is done, he won't go back.
I will still give it a try. But if I don't like it, then I won't be back also. Men right?!
You could go for the free haitcut and see what happens.
Yes I will give it a try - thank you!
It's worth your time when you are ready and another review. Do you see the same stylist all the time?
@FayeHazel (10731)
I take them up on the free haircut :-)
If I were you, I would give this hair salon a new chance After all, they will give me a free haircut. It doesn't sound bad anyway. Perhaps they really realize how wrong they are and they try to correct their mistakes.
@jobelbojel (4716)
Maybe the new owner has organized the team well and they are ready to cater their best services.
BUT what of you get the one that will be the OPPS and chop off a huge chunk of hair to the scalp? Just because you got a free haircut because you gave them that big fat F.
See, now that they felt the effect of their own action, they're trying to get people back. Told you that they're scheme wouldn't work for a long time. Now they understand what good service truly means.
@moffittjc (34455)
• Gainesville, Florida
Not all things that are free are good, or worth accepting just because they are free. If you get a bad haircut, it's going to either be hard to fix, or else you're going to be stuck with it for several weeks until it starts to grow back. I think I would pass on the free haircut offer.