A deluded man.

@xFiacre (9838)
Ireland
I have genuine sympathy for the loutish oaf who persists in irritating me. He was seriously injured while on "active service" as a member of an illegal paramilitary organisation many years ago and took a police bullet in the butt. Now he's left with a very debilitating limp. His limp brought two benefits however - significant financial compensation and the adoration of his fellow paramilitaries and the local populace. So he limps around with a most irritating swagger, coining in his disability living allowance and although I find his presence quite odious, I do feel sorry for him because he really sees himself as the fĂȘted hero when the reality is that he's a criminal thug.
'Significant financial compensation' in the terms of? A government disability benefit, or something different? Was he considered 'injured on the job' even though it sounds as though his 'job' was illegal?
@xFiacre (9838)
@jolietjake Govt compensation generally arrives if you have been injured for whatever reason.
@xFiacre So then crime can benefit a person...how odd
@xFiacre (9838)
@JolietJake Oh yes. Irish terrorism is a lucrative business as can be seen from the cars and houses of the godfathers on all sides.
Too many criminal thugs see themselves like hero, the worse is when even some governments do the same, the criminals suddenly become hero. It's revolting.
@Platespinner (16732)
Some people seem to be remarkably adroit at rearranging reality to make themselves feel heroic.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Swaggering about because of getting shot in the butt of all places is classified as imbecilic in my book.
@xFiacre (9838)
@tiarasoceanview Oh this guy knows how to swagger, though like most people who swagger he's got nothing really to swagger about.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@xFiacre I could see it now Fiacre.
He sounds a lot like some of the students I work with!
@JustBhem (13577)
He is still lucky he was able to get all the benefit he can get from the government though it leaves something awful for him.