Busy, Befuddled

hibiscus flower
Marion, Kansas
As I said to someone in a discussion, my mind is stuck on something I have misplaced, so I am having a hard time concentrating on anything else. When I clear it up, I may make a discussion about it, or not. A week or so back we got my hubby a new computer desk. It is glass and very industrial looking. It will go well in our office. I have found one for me now, also glass, and we will pick it up tonight. Next week I hope to have the internet moved to the new office, as well as get a new desk top to share. Hubby still runs XP and it is not working well at all for him. The image I am sharing is of a peach colored hibiscus from the zoo last weekend. I understand the blossoms make a wonderful and tangy tea. Have a great day. I am off to work in my new office for a bit.
@PainsOnSlate (18578)
My husband and I have desks side by side but my desk holds the only computer. I use it much more than he does. but he just let me know he needs its this morning for an hour so I am going to be painting. I had the same memory problem, It was worse when I was taking a new med that made me stupid, I stopped the med and got my memory back. Your bloom is lovely.
• Marion, Kansas
What med affected your memory? My plan is to keep this computer. Hubby does some of his pay time keeping on it. I want to get a new all-in-one and I definitely need a new laptop. We have been side by side on a large furniture type desk plus a mission style oak "library table" The more flat surface we have, the more we clutter. Especially sitting right in the front of the house.
@GardenGerty our desks are in our family room on a lower level in our home, no one can see it but us. My husband is a clean freak and after living with him for 50 years I have caught his bug... The first med was one prescribed and when I asked my doctor he looked it up and found the reason, I had lost 50 pounds and was taking the same dose as I did in the beginning. He changed the dose that day and most of the fog went away. I also blamed a med my eye doctor asked me to use for macular problems ( over the counter not a prescription). When I stopped that med all the fog went away.
I still use Windows 7 and I will until it will be possible. I tried the newer Microsoft system and I dislike it a lot.
• Marion, Kansas
I had 8 on this desktop, Windows upgraded to 10 and then updated and killed it. I had it repaired and set to 7 which is the most comfortable for me at this time.
@GardenGerty I also prefer Windows 7, I dislike Windows 10 a lot and I do not like even Windows 8. I will stick on Windows 7 as much as I can.
• Marion, Kansas
@LadyDuck Windows 8 was a total loser.
I hope you find what you misplaced. I always lose things so i can sympathize with you on this. The new desk sounds super. I hope you have a pleasant time in your new office
• Marion, Kansas
The thing is I am not sure if I misplaced it or hubby moved it. It was my packed swim bag. It could have been stolen.
@GardenGerty oh that is not good. I hope you just forgot or your husband moved it and didn't tell you about it? I misplace things all the time. I also put things where I tell myself I know I will find it but then forgot that place where I will find it for sure
• Marion, Kansas
@Marty1 I remember packing the bag. I remember exactly what is in it. I do not remember whether I put it into a vehicle or not. I cannot find it anywhere that either I or hubby usually go, so I think it somehow got stolen.
• Lakewood, Colorado
A beauty that hibiscus Heather! Thanks for sharing it. That is nice two new glass desks now Maybe husband should try something instead of Windows XP?
• Marion, Kansas
He may inherit this Windows 7 Pro computer. I will get a Windows 10 laptop. I also want an all-in-one desktop. Getting rid of some of the machinery and cords.
@BarBaraPrz (16359)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
A few days ago, I powered up my old MPC that runs/ran XP and got error messages. It still worked before the move, but doesn't seem to want to now. It was just an auxilliary machine, anyway, but my friend used to use it when she came over. I use a Mac myself and don't have any software disks for the other. I don't know if it would be worth getting someone in to fix it.
• Marion, Kansas
Nope. It has been a year since xp has been supported. You would spend as much to fix it as a new Windows 10 would cost if you could find anyone who could do it.
@BarBaraPrz (16359)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty I realise that. I wonder if I could run something else on it.
• Marion, Kansas
@BarBaraPrz I am not smart enough to know that answer. Do you have a computer person you can trust?
@peachpurple (4480)
Well, get busy then and have a nice day
• Marion, Kansas
I am often both busy and dizzy. Today, Thursday, for the most part has been a spectacular day.
@GardenGerty do rest well. Did you have vertigo?
• Marion, Kansas
@peachpurple I did long ago. I meant the dizzy figuratively, like a dizzy dame who does not know which way she is going at any one time.
I hope you didn't help yourself to any of the blossoms. It sounds like your office is going to be nice. Mine is a mess and we are so lucky to have a long built in counter with room for two desk chairs and with 2 file drawers by each desk space. I need to get it looking nice!
• Marion, Kansas
No, I did not help myself to blossoms. I never even thought of it, really.
@GardenGerty I was joking really since you said they were nice for tea. I wouldn't either
• Marion, Kansas
@paigea My mother would have. She used to elaborately steal starts of plants anywhere she went. We just knew she would wind up arrested.
I'm glad you both have new desks. Glass is different. I hope they both work well for you. Will your hubby be getting a new computer as XP isn't even being supported any longer.
• Marion, Kansas
He may inherit this one that is 7 pro. I am getting a new laptop, then we may get an all-in-one later on.
@GardenGerty 7 Pro is good. I had that for a while before I got Windows 10.
• Marion, Kansas
@just4him I just hope that by the time I get Windows 10 the bugs are out of it.
@Deepizzaguy (6507)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It happens to me as well that I forget which survey needs my attention first and then down the line from time to time.
• Marion, Kansas
I find I forget many things.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@GardenGerty Me too.
The desks sound like they are very good-looking. I do hope you find what you misplaced.
@shshiju (8843)
• Cochin, India
I am using the windows 7 and feels better
• Marion, Kansas
I have seven on this computer.
• Denmark
Hopefully, you'll soon be your old self again.
• Marion, Kansas
Or a new and better self perhaps? I was fighting a cold there for a week.