would you stay or go from a hurricane?

@sugartoes (31307)
Greencastle, Indiana
I know a lot of people in Texas & Fla wish's they had of left but decided to stick it out & after it was all over they glad it over with, but as I've MY SELF have been in a few bad ones decided to stay & I'm like the others that decided to stay. NEVER again will I EVER put myself in a situation like that I learned my lesson & you couldn't PAY me enough $ to be in another one no matter what, they're dangerous & very unsafe there's been a lot of deaths from a hurricane what would you do?
Hurricane Irma tracking and hurricane Irma live have produced some terrifying, shocking and dramatic storm videos. Watch this hurricane irma top caught on ta...
Living on an island, the options aren't many. Even if one drove to another parish - the dangerous hurricanes are so big they envelop the whole island anyway. the most I can do is book into the sturdiest looking hotel until it passes. Unfortunately, where I live in a rural area - there are not many sturdy hotels. Except for a very high priced one a few doors from where I live.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Kandae11 then you know how to fix that right? get out of the area & move to another state like we did we're so far up north from them they don't stand a chance here.
@sugartoes What I am saying is there really is no place to run on a small island.
@kandae11 being on a small island you don't have much choice and pretty much have to pray and hope for the best. Here in the US there are places to go away from hurricanes but evacuating can be pricey if you decide to fly out or even drive to a safer place and have to pay for accommodations
@velvet53 (15001)
• Palisade, Colorado
I would leave. I want to be a live for some time and won't take a chance of losing my life.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 AMEN on that I value my life too much to risk what COULD happen hubby says the same thing we'd LEAVE with ALL 7 babies we have we couldn't leave them behind either.
@velvet53 (15001)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes I am with you on that. If I had pets they would be going with me too.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 that's all we have in life.
@ilocosboy (25414)
As much as possible I want to stay in the house except when I know its very dangerous
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ilocosboy so you telling me you'd RISK your life in a hurricane KNOWING it could or WOULD kill you if not during but maybe the AFTER math of it all.
@ilocosboy (25414)
@sugartoes not really risking my life but I have to assess situation , if its too dangerous I will look for safer location.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ilocosboy well that's a good thing to know.
I would leave, but my husband said he would stay. Glad we live where we do so that we do not have to decide.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 that's a GOOD thing.
@singhisback (2278)
• Jalandhar, India
I would have stick as well
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@singhisback so you saying you'd stick around?
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I would not stay if there were any way possible to leave. I would want to be out of harms way.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView that's the SMART thing to do.
@dragon54u (31184)
If I had the option of course I would evacuate! I can replace my house and possessions but not my life or my health. People are dying in Florida from lack of A/C and proper shelter. I don't understand people who stay in life threatening situations if they have a choice to leave.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dragon54u I'm with you there for REAL. I don't think they really get the CONCEPT or they get in a state of confusion & lost.
If I had been either in Texas or Florida I'd be on the road and leaving town quicker than they could finish the announcement. I don't understand people who ride out the storms and not only put their lives in danger but also those who have to come in and rescue them.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marilynda1225 AMEN on that I'm with you your SO right knowing that it's not safe to be there in the 1st place but gonna stay. LORD please sometimes I think people that stay just don't understand the concept of the fact if it don't get you DURING there's always AFTER.
@Deepizzaguy (6507)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
If the local sheriff of my city says "Leave Dodge" my relatives would leave to either a shelter or to a relative outside of the city like a major hurricane but a tropical storm or Cat 2 I would stay. The last thing I want to do is to get the local authorities angry at me for disobeying an order.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Deepizzaguy hurricanes are very dangerous no matter WHAT cat they are a cat 1 can JUST as bad as a cat 4 depending on it's nature.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@sugartoes Loss of electrical power and having to live like a prisoner in my home is not fun.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Deepizzaguy so I'm thinking you will not stick around for the next one?
I would take off out of there as quick as possible.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TRBRocks420 aren't you glad you don't get them?
• Riga, Latvia
I would make sure I had my most important items with me and head for some place safe. Hurricanes are nothing to fool with.
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@RasmaSandra you got that right.
Will an underground place safe during hurricane?
@sugartoes (31307)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@m_audrey6788 no cause of a FLOOD you'd drowned then.