September national day #13

Only three things for today.. 1) Uncle Sam Day. Don't care for this. Sorry, not sorry. 2) National Peanut Day. Growing up I used to love eating salted peanuts, and even peanut shells . But now I just eat Peanut butter. . 3) National Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day. I never knew about this day as a kid or as a teen. But I always helped my mom, at least 4 days a week. And now I'm the one cooking almost every meal. . And I've had my nieces and nephews help with dinner and baking.. so .
@sabtraversa (8404)
Peanuts! What does the peanut shell taste like? I haven't had PB in a long time, I kind of miss it. But I prefer the salted nuts as appetizer.
I dont know.. like a shell lol
• Lakewood, Colorado
I had grown up believing in Uncle Sam..but I didnt care if he wanted me or not. There was always posters of him saying Uncle Sam wants you..but I was staying home. Peanuts are best in shells..love them..and cant get enough of peanut butter, why I rarely buy it as I will eat the jar of it. Peter Pan is my favorite. Nope, no kids in my kitchen..but its too small anyway
I love peanut butter but it has to be the crunchy type for me.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@marlina I love the smooth kind Marlina It is very hard to find the Peter Pan nowadays.
I love jif peanut butter
Kids in the kitchen offers a lot of learning experiences for little ones and teens alike. Little ones really do need to be carefully supervised in that kitchen.
Yes they do. But responsible adults know that and are there doing most because littles ones cant do much.
@singhisback (2069)
• Jalandhar, India
Nice to know about that. Enjoy your time
I love peanuts of most kinds! My children love helping me in the kitchen with things they can do. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to them cooking-I know how bad burns can be but they love helping!
Long as they're careful and you're right there, I'm sire they'll be fine. Good for you for teaching them how. Lots of parents don't these days
@thelme55 (10086)
I love peanuts. Boiled, steamed, salted or fried. Yummy!
Good to know