McDonalds says you are getting your fair share of fries

It seems some McDonalds employees have been spreading rumors - rumors that they are trained to deceive the customer regarding their fries. Evidently they claim they were trained to squeeze the container as they put the fries in. That would give the appearance the fries container was full, when in reality it wasn't. I think if that was true many customers would have complained, thrown fits, walked out, etc. McDonalds has come back and said that those statements are wrong. That they do not teach employees to cheat the customers. I don't eat there so I have no clue if people are getting their fair share of fries or not - do you think McD's is messing with the fries? If they were what would you do? Photo from Pixabay
I rarely eat McDonalds but I think they are only rumors regarding the fries. I'm sure people who eat there frequently would know the difference if they weren't getting the right amount. But, nothing surprises me anymore
I can tell you that if my husband didn't get enough he would tell them about it!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I had worked at McDonalds several times through out the years to supplement income. I had never been shown that method of cheating the customer.
They are probably far better ways - like is done - smaller packaging and charging more LOL
• Lakewood, Colorado
same here I do not go there.
They are not making any money from us are they LOL!!!!
@AbbyGreenhill that is for sure.Leave to the yuppies.lol
I do not eat at McDonald's either, and I don't know what a fair share of fries would look like. I would not put it past any company to try and make money by using a few tricks.
They way they employees described it - it was 1/2 the correct amount. That seems very noticeable to me
@singhisback (2278)
• Jalandhar, India
I didn't heard anything like that but I assume it's not true
Do you go to McDonalds?
• Jalandhar, India
@AbbyGreenhill occasionally only
@Raelove (14034)
• Saco, Maine
I don't go there either, but it wouldn't surprise me. If I suspected that, I'd just never go back. There is no shortage of junk food places around here, so there's always an alternative. Another fry-related situation is when you go to a seafood place and order some type of fisherman's plate with fries. You get a huge platter of what looks like a lot of seafood when actually it's just a few pieces piled on top of a huge mess of fries to give the illusion that you're getting a lot for your money. You are, but not of seafood...of fries! You realize this when you order mashed or baked potato instead of fries. That puts the amount of seafood into its proper perspective.
I get what you are saying - that we don't have to worry about - no seafood places to speak of in land-locked Tennessee! I don't eat fried, my husband does and no matter where he orders them (regular rest. not fast food) they give you enough for 5 people.
@Raelove (14034)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill That used to be true of most such places. But they seem to be trimming their portions down lately. Must be to economize.
@Raelove Not around here that's for sure. Portions at most places are still huge.
I don't eat there anymore either. Haven't for at least 4 years. But when I did, i got my fair share.
I hope a big name like mcd's doesn't cheat their customers.
@AbbyGreenhill hope not but wouldnt really be surprising
@Courtlynn No it would not be surprising at all.
I get all the fries I can possibly eat when we go there. I don't usually order the combo and just get a sandwich. But, when my daughter orders she gets the combos. We get plenty.
I would think if they were not serving the right amount people would stop eating there.
@AbbyGreenhill ......How would they know?
The container is squeezed a little as is if I recall. I haven't had McDonalds in awhile.
Last time I was there was during the stone age!
@AbbyGreenhill I used to stop by once in a while with my co workers for lunch because that was the nearest fast food but it wasn't that great
• Riga, Latvia
I have no idea. We have McDonalds here but I never buy from them.
Do you go to other fast food restaurants?
• Riga, Latvia
@AbbyGreenhill one of our best here is Hesburger which is from Finland. The last time I tried one of their meals it was terribly lacking. The rule here is better to make your own food or if you can afford it now and then eat at a restaurant.
@thelme55 (10149)
I am not fond of eating at McDonalds and so it is not a problem. I prefer buying Döner from a Turkey food shop than McDos hamburger.
Turkey - now that's something I like. What kind of turkey do they sell?
@thelme55 (10149)
@AbbyGreenhill I mean the shop is own by Turkey people. They sell falafel and other Turkish food. Doner is a bread filled with sliced roasted meat, veggies and yoghurt sauce.
@YrNemo (4091)
I don't think that is true with the McDonalds here. They are served mainly by high school students, and kids at that age group, just do their jobs without any sophistication (re: squeezing!).
Wow, that's saying something. Not sure kids around here take any job seriously!
• Portland, Connecticut
I honestly don't eat there either so have no clue but these days nothing much surprises me.
I guess the way it was described it would have been noticeable...if it was true.
We go to McDonalds, I just get a chicken or fish sandwich but Tony gets the fries too and it looks like they are full.
I would hope they give the right amount. I think some places give too many fries.
My husband and I split the fries because there are to many fries for one of us to eat.
I think some places give too many. We ate at Ruby Tuesday and they gave my husband enough for 4 people
I haven't been into a Mcdonalds for decades, so I wouldn't know.
I stopped eating fast food in mid-80's.
@dodoazo (6606)
That's business. Anyone who is on business would do demolition job to downgrade their competitors.
This is their employees talking bad about them.
@sallypup (18770)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I make my own fries and am getting too addicted to them.
Deep fry or air fry?
@sallypup (18770)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Not air fried. Olive oil in a skillet and sliced potatoes and salt and garlic. I try not to put too much oil in the pan. I used to make doughnuts and that was for sure deep fried.
@sallypup I don't eat any friend food have not for years, my tummy cannot tolerate oil.
I have no clue, just like you I do not eat at McDonald's.
We are not keeping them in business are we LOL!
@AbbyGreenhill LOL, surely not, I do not even go there for a coffee.
@LadyDuck I never did buy coffee out.
They give us more than enough.
Good, that's how it should be.
@AbbyGreenhill sometimes we can't eat them all