Hubpages update

@riverwild (1271)
Well after whittling down my hubs to only featured, I now have 16 hubs, and three drafts that I've been neglecting to work on. I've had two on niche sites, which surprised me because I didn't send them i for review. They did get edited, but that doesn't really bother me too much, nothing vital was changed. I need to write more, because I'm still only making pennies every day there.
@resukill22 (4864)
I tried that last night, but still I was confuse
@riverwild (1271)
What are you confused about? Maybe I can help.
@peachpurple (12851)
Yes, what is confusing you, please let us know.
@tech40 (9262)
@resukill22 I visited the site and join to hugpages, but I never continued because I got confused also. hmm
@lovebuglena (5932)
• Staten Island, New York
I've had hubs that were chosen for niche sites and moved there without me submitting them for inclusion in a niche site. If they see that a hub is up to niche site standards they will move it there. They will most likely edit it but usually it won't be a lot of editing.
@peachpurple (12851)
yes,I agree with you, my hubs are not transfer to any niche sites, you are lucky
• Staten Island, New York
@peachpurple Well, I am not sure if that is necessarily a great thing. The hubs they've moved to niche sites, they snipped them. Any Amazon products or links to other hubs there were in those hubs were removed. I guess they don't allow them on niche sites.
@peachpurple (12851)
@lovebuglena oh they did? Then your income would be reduced, isn't it ?
@tech40 (9262)
On hubpages, did you earn them from views??
@riverwild (1271)
Yes
@tech40 (9262)
@riverwild per 1,000 views how much is the equivalent?
@riverwild (1271)
@tech40 I don't know. I make so little, I havent tried to figure that out. I've never even made payout.
@tallawah (8421)
• Kingston, Jamaica
You will only make pennies there... that's the heart break. It was once such a good site
@peachpurple (12851)
I agree, it is slow but you still get paid , I got paid $50 after 14 months of not active there. Your earning doesn't become stagnant there
@tallawah (8421)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@peachpurple depends... I have been there since 2010 so I guess I am used to a good site... not what it is today.
@peachpurple (12851)
@tallawah maybe, in the past hubpages was popular like squidoo but not now
• Austin, Texas
What's your opinion of the recent changes? Did you change your images to full size? I changed mine months back. Also, they are retiring the Q&A. That's no big deal for me as I was never that active in that part of the community. You never made money from it. But what do you think about the niche sites? My HUBs ended up there too! I'm OK as long it brings traffic my way.
• Staten Island, New York
@cmoneyspinner There were images I had removed from some of my HP hubs because making them full width I got the message that they were low quality. Now I saw somewhere on HP that they are now sizing the images as much to the full width as possible so they are not low quality or pixelated. Wish I had not removed my images before.
• Austin, Texas
@lovebuglena - That's frustrating. I notice you're still using your Webs.com website. You should add the link to your HUBPages profile. Maybe it might drive traffic to your HUBs. Also, have you ever used the external link function? You can do a redirect PAGE from your Tumblr and from your Blogspot blogs that might send people directly to your Amazon page and also to your HUBs. You should take advantage of every opportunity to redirect traffic to the sites that have income-earning potential. Hope these are helpful tips. I want to see you succeed. So I can brag and I tell everybody I know you!! My roommate at university was aspiring to become an opera singer like Leontyne Price and when I got ready to graduate I remember telling her to make sure that she remembered me because if she ever became rich and famous I was going to tell everybody that I knew her.
• Staten Island, New York
@cmoneyspinner How do I do the re-direct thing? I've never done it before...
@peachpurple (12851)
Have you tried sharing the hubs at social media sites? Did you comment on other people hubs too? I noticed that if you comment on other hubs, the author will read your hubs too. Social media sites also helps to bring in external traffic
@riverwild (1271)
No I havent tried those things, but I might.
@peachpurple (12851)
@riverwild do trys haring because it works