The Maestro

Riga, Latvia
Barry White also known as The Maestro was an American singer, songwriter and composer. He was born in Galveston, Texas on September 12, 1944 and had a very successful career as a pop singer. Living in Los Angeles in the 1960s Barry White chose to follow the music business as an A & R man or in other words a behind-the-scenes player in the “Artists and Repertoire” department of different independent labels. His job was to spot talent and to act as a go-between record labels and artists. He discovered a female vocal trio he called Love Unlimited and eventually married on of the members. He wrote, produced and arranged a major hit for the group “Walking in the Rain (With the One I Love)” in 1972. When he decided to become a performer himself Love Unlimited became his backup vocalists on a string of soul classics in the 1970s. With insistence from 20th Century Records Barry White finally released songs under his own name in 1973 and quickly became a star. He recorded from 1973 to 1977 either under his own name or under the name Love Unlimited Orchestra. His deep voice was just right for some really hot soul classics with wonderful orchestral arrangements like “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Babe” , “I’m Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby” and my all time favorite “My First, My Last, My Everything”. It was unfortunate that in May of 2003 while awaiting kidney transplant White has a severe stroke forcing him to go into retirement. He died on July 4, 2003 at the age of 58. He was cremated and his ashes were scattered off the California coast. How many Barry White fans out there? http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/barry-white-is-born
This was a big 70s hit for Barry White
Yes I am a fan, I enjoyed his music.
@SonjaRae (5699)
Ooooh ooooh!!! Yes raising my hand!!!
@CoralLevang (34497)
Oh my goodness! I absolutely loved him! I think my sister @sonjarae may have, as well!