"IT" (2017): Movie Review (Grade +C)

What are you afraid of? "IT" is a remake of the original story created by the mind of Stephen King and has as central character the weird clown Pennywise whose main function is to kidnap children using their fears against them. I think the original is excellent, but unfortunately I can't say the same of this remake. I honestly can't understand so many positive reviews and so many high scores for this movie on all the sites where I usually read reviews (from the public and from specializes critics). Is this remake bad? No, it's not. So, it's good? Unfortunately, it's not either. I'd say it's something in the middle. The script written on the basis of 6 hands is weak and can't dive so deep into the story to the point of really scare the viewers. despite some good isolated moments, the film is a bit boring at certain times (but it's not anything that harms the movie so much in general) by just not deciding to be more audacious in its development. The script has many situations incoherent and others poorly used. The direction of Andy Muschietti ("Mama") is only consistent (nothing more than this) and believe me, this is already a great merit for the movie. The cast is interesting but they can't hold the movie in their backs as it should be. Although they are children, the connection among them is very loose and improbable. The highlight of the cast - and no one can doubt it - is Pennywise himself (played by Bill SkarsgÄrd), but I can't see all the "genius" that the specialized criticism and the general public are giving it to him (he did a great job but nothing that could be considered "fenomenal"). On the technical aspects, I didn't like the photograph (which is too dark), the soundtrack is a little overdone and the special effects could be much better. Verdict: "IT" is not a bad movie, but it's definitely not a movie that deserves to be so "acclaimed." Plus, it's worth it if you're scared of clowns.
The evil clown named Pennywise returns in this first look at New Line Cinema's horror thriller It, based on the classic Stephen King novel. Starring Finn Wol...
@SonjaRae (5638)
I didn't like the original and I certainly would not watch the remake!!!
@SonjaRae If you didn't like the original... You better stay away from this remake.
@SonjaRae (5638)
@TheInvisibleMan no worries are there I'm not scared of clowns but I hate horror movies
I look forward to renting it when it comes out on DVD, but won't expect it to be as good as the original.
@TRBRocks420 Keep thinking that way because you'll be able to enjoy the movie more than I could.
I am gonna watch it tonight. I WILL hehe
• Jaipur, India
I did't see this film.