Halloween Traditions of my family.

Banks, Oregon
Laurel Posted about this earlier. So, I figured I might as well share about our Halloween traditions here, as kids we of course dressed up and, Mom would take us out trick or treating, we would walk miles that night, then we would come home and, eat candy and, watch all the Halloween specials, like the Simpsons or Roseanne, then NBA also starts Halloween. So, usually the Blazers game. Now I do the same things, except not trick or treating lol and, I also watch scary movies and, my Mom makes cookies and, other Halloween themed treats. I might just look up some recipes and, add something new too, sounds fun. What do you do on Halloween? Photo is from Pixabay free images.
As a child, all the kids would go to my grandparents house and we'd trick or treat in a group. Our grandpa would take us! It was fun and the neighborhood there were generous. :) Then, when we got older and the older cousins stopped going, so I went with my friends. Now, I just hand out candies to trick or treaters.
• Jalandhar, India
Do you like to dress differently on Halloween?
Sounds like fun we would always go buy my Grandma's too and, she gave out big candy bars :)
@TRBRocks420 That's awesome! It was cool as a child going to homes that gave full size bars especially.
@singhisback (2147)
• Jalandhar, India
Nice to know about that brother. We don't have it here
Thanks it's a fun holiday.
• Nairobi, Kenya
we also don't have it here but some people celebrate it still
• Jalandhar, India
@mildredtabitha nice to know
@sol_cee (16869)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
In my country, kids nowadays can join Halloween events organized by big malls. In my days, we didn't do anything special at all.
That's pretty cool we always loved trick or treating. I mean what kid doesn't like candy and, dressing up.
Nothing for so long! I want to get out and do something this year.
Yes, I want to make it fun again.
• Nairobi, Kenya
We never celebrate Halloween here :(
Oh it's a pretty fun holiday.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@TRBRocks420 Which costumes do you like wearing?
@mildredtabitha A Vampire is always cool.
Originally my country doesn't celebrate halloween because we don't have it. Recently though we've been imitating the western culture. But we do have what we call the All Saint's Day which is celebrated on the first day of November and All Soul's Day on the 2nd day of November. We celebrate by going to the cemetery where our departed ones are and we say our prayer to them. According to the Catholic beliefs paying our indulgences and praying for the souls would help them get to heaven. Which of course, I don't believe as I find it BS.
@toniganzon Yes, that is a load of BS I agree.
@TRBRocks420 A lot of people get fooled by this here.
HavenĀ“t done much since I was a child at home TR.
Happy Halloween my friend and, I hear you.
@TRBRocks420 Aw thanks TR..Happy Halloween to you too my friend.
@FayeHazel (19053)
That sounds fun! When I was a kid I trick-or-treated. Now I like to watch scary movies in the month of Oct. and usually go out to a bar dancing in costume Halloween night
My grandchildren come here to trick or treat since I have lots of houses in my neighborhood. They come back with all sorts of candy and treats and then we have pizza. I love Halloween and my neighbors have already started decorating their houses (which is just a little early in my opinion). Sounds like you have fun at Halloween and it's a day for celebrating no matter what age you are
That sounds fun, we don't get trick or treaters here really except my nieces and, nephews.
@TRBRocks420 even without a lot of trick or treaters I'm sure Halloween is still fun with your nieces and nephews
I of course did the same things when I was young. but now I don't do much, except maybe watch a scary movie. I get to see my grandson before he goes out, i don't know what he will be this year, he was a fireman last year and Captain America the year before. My daughter and I may bake somethibng for the childs class at school.
That sounds fun.
We keep the lights off. That way, no kids will knock on the door.
lol here we don't have to worry about it.
@kepweng (17545)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
thats a lot pumpking to be made a pie and carve as halloween decoration im go in cemetery in halloween to visit grandma and relatives
Pumpkin pie sounds good and, that's a great way to spend it.
For years I took all of my kids trick or treating and than the grand kids and great grand kids.
I miss trick or treating a lot of fun times.
@cintol (7534)
I love Halloween and taking my grand kids trick or treating. I also love handing out the candy and seeing all the little ones with their costumes on.
I am not a Halloween fan.
That sounds fun! I dont really have any traditions I keep. Occasionally I hand out candy!