Why do people recommend Upwork?

@Juilee (443)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It's oversaturated and good paying jobs are so few. Now, Upwork from what I read from other people had been suspending accounts that don't make a single dime and rejected profiles because they don't have the "needed" skills. The alternatives is the same as Upwork of course, but at least they don't reject profiles and forced you to use a photo of yourself.
@Yadah04 (3024)
My sister in law used to work there. She had been doing lot of work but i do not think she is compensated well for all that she had been doing.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Is your sister still working there ?
@Yadah04 (3024)
@mildredtabitha Not anymore, just because her laptop is already with me. I borrowed it to do some important paper works for my husband but never got to return it.... yet.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Yadah04 You ca suggest ContentGather for her. She can sell her articles there :)
@acelawrites (10931)
I don't know about that site.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Suspending accounts ! So that is why they never care if someone deletes account like on pther sites.
@Juilee (443)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
That's what some people say. When they don't get any jobs, their account gets suspended.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Juilee that is so harsh and unfair. Which sites do you write articles?
@Juilee (443)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
@mildredtabitha I'm not a writer. I'm a illustrator. I don't use any of those freelance sites.
@mandala100 (43407)
@Juilee That's not good to hear my friend and it sounds like a discriminatory policy.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
Well..A friend of mine got a lot of work projects and even had some traveled seminar there. The only reason why I`m not there is the most in demand positions available there is "Accounting" and must have some degree with Accounting with strong experiences too