Do You Believe And Observe "An Eye For An Eye" In Your Life?

@mandala100 (23440)
Hong Kong
Most of us have heard the saying "An eye for an eye" or the law of retaliation. Do you believe in such a saying? Do you apply such saying in your life in relation to others? Is it wrong to apply or to use the principle of "An eye for an eye"? Picture credit: pininterest.com
I can't apply 'a tooth for a tooth' because I don't have any teeth
@mandala100 (23440)
@JolietJake In that case I will bite them with my false teeth instead my friend.
@responsiveme (12543)
Then most people will be blocked d...Not my original saying...It's something that I have heard
Hmmm..I think so..There are times I can´t avoid it
@mandala100 (23440)
@m_audrey6788 Thank you for your thoughts my friend. We are after all merely human my friend although some people believe otherwise that we should be forgiving of others or that we should observe love for whatever that mean my friend.
@mandala100 ..Yes..I`m just human and sometimes get easily carried away and say something might be offensive to others but not to me. There are times I joke about it but the intention is to balance the feeling of sadness and happiness.
Yes I do heard that being said by some people I know. I personally do not believe and practice that because it just make things worse. But then again they had reasons why do it and we may not always understand what they have been through that is probably why they really want to do the "eye for an eye" strategy in life. Ideally we should not be practicing it but reality bites that it is indeed happening. As to whether it is wrong to apply or not, I think this is a debatable issue because different individuals have different opinions on this. Nice topic Sir. :-)
With everyone out for themselves, it's hard to put that into practice without consequences. However, what I have noticed is that the other statement - you reap what you sow, always comes into play. So even if you don't practice the first, you will still receive the consequences for your actions. It just might take longer.
An eye for an eye depends upon the situation, for me anyway.
I let God take care of those who have wronged me
none here.Have to use in using this.
@FourWalls (8440)
I believe that vengeance is God's and He will repay, and I try not to hold grudges so that God can forgive me ("forgive us as we forgive those who hurt us").
@ilocosboy (24970)
I dont know if its totally wrong but I wouldn't do this.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I do believe it yes, but it is not always possible.
This is called "lex talionis" in Latin, a system adopted by the early civilizations. You surely know that in the Code of Hammurabi, the “eye for eye” was to restrict compensation to the value of the loss.