Ever threaten to make something - and then a company beats you to it?

@FayeHazel (18491)
For a long time I had been threatening to make breaded chicken cutlets - however - instead of using the usual cracker or bread crumbs, to coat my chicken pieces with crumbs of "cheese" crackers. (There are many popular brands of these crackers, even off brands) People usually rolled their eyes at me. However, seeing as I do not like to work with raw meat, I didn't hurry to make my idea. A company beat me to it! I forget the product name - or even the company - but imagine my surprise one day at the grocery store when I spy a bag of pre-made chicken nuggets with the advertising blurb on it reading "Made with real *cheez-it crackers!" *Cheez it is one of the more popular name brands of cheese crackers in this area. I had to buy it. Review: Pretty good! Though it isn't a food I would want all the time, these chicken pieces had high quality chicken meat in them and the right amount of breading. The cheese flavor was noticeable - but not overpowering. Have you ever had an idea that you thought of, and then some years later - you discover a company made it, commercially? Photo: Pixabay
Oh what a great idea for a change Faye. I am addicted to Cheez Its so that is why I rarely buy them..haha I would eat the whole box. I can´t think of anything I had dreamt up and saw a company do no. But yes they beat you to it didn´t they aww..
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh good to know I'm not alone, I too *love* cheez-it or better cheddar (the round ones) I also don't buy often because I will eat them up
No I haven't. Why not try and compete with the Company ? Yours might taste better.
@FayeHazel There you go.
@1creekgirl (10736)
Those sound yummy. I long ago predicted personalized air temp controls...kind of a thin extra skin you wear that adapts automatically to your desired body temp. I think I was having lots of hot flashes at the time! As far as I know, it hasn't been invented yet.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh you should get on that air control suit - it sounds good and Im sure a lot of couples would like it, where one is always hot and one is always cold as the case seems to be
@1creekgirl (10736)
@FayeHazel That's the way my husband and I have always been. That's why I need that temp controlled suit!
@FayeHazel (18491)
@1creekgirl Lol! Oh dear. It is funny how that goes with people. Are you the hot one, or the cold one?
@Orson_Kart (4353)
I tried to make a car out of wood. Wooden seats, wooden doors, wooden wheels. Wooden go.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh ... ha ha! Though seriously I did see an all wood (body) car at a car show, someone had built it ...
@YrNemo (13454)
I can't think right now. That discussion of yours and the pic are killing me. I am too hungry to think.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh no! Lol! I hope you had a nice meal :-)
@YrNemo (13454)
@FayeHazel I did...
@FayeHazel (18491)
@YrNemo Ah good, all full now I hope
@skydream (1158)
• Agate, Colorado
That was a really good idea! I never would of thought of that but it's cool since they do so many other flavors that they would do cheese too
@FayeHazel (18491)
So tasty! Now they should do an Italian one
@FayeHazel Why 'they' and not you?
@FayeHazel (18491)
@MALUSE Good point -- oh just think. Italian breaded chicken served with spaghetti. You are brilliant @MALUSE
@Gillygirl (17342)
• Sutton, England
I used to dream of tomato ketchup flavoured crisps. They were manufactured years later.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh that was smart!
@Gillygirl (17342)
• Sutton, England
@FayeHazel (18491)
@Gillygirl I think it's Lay's chips over here - that makes 4 new flavors each year. Weird stuff - Gyro, Fried Green Tomato, Everything bagel... and the most popular one - they keep making.
@bluesa (13580)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Don't that beat it all! Sorry they beat you to it, at least it tasted good. No, thankfully I never have, I would be very moody about it.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Lol! So true.... I didn't know to be upset or flattered lol
@bluesa (13580)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , lol, go for flattered, you had a great idea, which is more than I can say about my mind lately. ;)
It has never happened to me. Pretty cool though. I will give them a try if I see them around here.
@FayeHazel (18491)
I enjoyed them, though got tired of them quickly. Let me know if you like them once you find them
@FayeHazel I will
Hmm. I wouldnt eat them.. you should've made them a thing!
@FayeHazel (18491)
I know,-- shoot, right?
@FayeHazel right!
@prashu228 (25797)
Oho.. your idea is stealed.... you should be fast enough to put your ideas into work.. still anymore ideas left....
@FayeHazel (18491)
Lol! You're right! I should be faster next time. No, I don't think I have any brilliant ideas, right now, anyway
Sounds pretty good and, no not that I remember.
@FayeHazel (18491)
I really enjoyed them :-)
No, but that sounds really good.
@FayeHazel (18491)
They were good, though I didn't crave them often
No I have not. That sounds pretty clever though.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Thanks! Sometimes I have my moments :-)
It takes a lot of money to make a new product and market it.
@FayeHazel (18491)
That is a very true thing
This hasn't happened to me (yet). I hope you've got over the shock. Be more decisive and faster next time!!
@FayeHazel (18491)
Lol. So true! Maybe next time I could make some $ , lol
Oh yes. I thought how nice it would be to sweep debris into vents in the floor and the vents would suck the debris up and deposit in a container in the basement. Already invented.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh that is a really good, handy idea actually
@Lucky15 (33750)
Aww, well, i am more of, stick with cook books ;/
@FayeHazel (18491)
Nothing wrong with that, either. :-)
no idea
No, it hasn't happened to me. Next time you come up with a neat idea perhaps you should act on it immediately.