From now on I will answer the phone differently.

Dallas, Texas
Instead of saying "Hello?" I will say "Hell-No!" I keep getting ROBO-CALLS every single day and I am frankly fed up with all those stupid calls. I want my money back from the telephone company for pain and suffering all these years.
I get them as early as 8 in the morning. I don't answer phones unless i know the number I have this annoying girl calling me for a medical for a system.I can install in my house for falling. I hang up every time and that annoyingly chipper voice calls back! I am not in danger of fallling!
• Dallas, Texas
@Marty1 , Well that is totally un-called for. I don't mean that as a joke. I really think they pick on people they think are basically gullible.
@dgobucks226 (13718)
I hate those ROBO-Calls! And you cannot stop them I am on the do not call registry but they do not cover these calls. I also dislike political calls! I think they might have a website now to stop these kinds of calls. I just use a cell phone now which has eliminated most them.
• Dallas, Texas
Maybe this is a back handed ploy or tactic of the telephone company to get us to move on from landlines to wireless and pay more to switch. Remember, landline phones were nearly nothing to pay for each month, but now the addiction to the internet has caused both phone booths to become nearly obsolete across the United States but I see too many people on cell phones and I know they are not cheap. The latest iPHone X (ten) is about 12 hundred bucks not to mention the monthly fee to use it. Do you agree?
@lookatdesktop I agree with you it is much too much money ! I had a $50 dollar phone i just use for emergencies and have never used it yet! Hopefully I will never need to use it!
• Dallas, Texas
@Marty1 , but think of all the emergencies that would be best taken care of with all the money saved by not spending it on that phone? If all you need is to phone 911 or a close friend in an emergency then all you really need to pay for is a TRACFONE for nearly nothing and a 90 day card that you must buy for just about 22.00 once every 3 months to keep your minutes rolled over to the next 3 months without paying all that extra money just to get online?
@Platespinner (17062)
I don't have a phone of my in so I don't have to worry about such calls. Or much of anything else for that matter.
• Dallas, Texas
Well, you are lucky not to own a phone.
@lookatdesktop I haven't been able to find one in a size I can handle. The one the Huis Vrouw uses is three times as tall as I am.
• Dallas, Texas
• Montego Bay, Jamaica
I share your pain but I am not sure which is more annoying those calls or your mobile service provider sending texts messages of varying sorts daily (up to 10 per day). The most popular one is for us to ask our family and friends in the USA to go online and put data on our phone.
• Dallas, Texas
That waists your time and costs YOU money! Such a bad thing for mobile phone users like yourself. I would be pretty angry if I got those type on my mobile phone.
• Montego Bay, Jamaica
@lookatdesktop I have never been one to beg and if I ever decide to start, it will not be because of any prompt from a service provider.
• Dallas, Texas
I´ll try to find out a similar couple of words in Spanish
• Dallas, Texas
@lookatdesktop It is such a good idea that I will have to use it
@KristenH (24901)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Same here. Two nights ago, I got a call from Manorcare Health care, which is an assistant living home in my area. I have no one who works or lives there. Nor did I have apply for a job there. They kept calling me late Tuesday night, until I went online and blocked their number. I do call for the American Red Cross too. I hate name unavailable type of calls.
• Dallas, Texas
Sorry to hear that. , And have you been getting more than the usual number of ROBO-calls lately? I sure have.
OH you should sue that telephone company lol! And yes, that's how you should answer phone calls!
@cintol (7706)
Be careful with those calls, they say some of them are just waiting for you to say Yes so they can get it recorded and use it against you for other things.