Tips for New Users

For those of you who have been on this site for a while, what tips would you give to new users? What did it take you a while to learn when you first came and wish someone had told you sooner? Thanks for any advice you can give. I have just recently started here and trying to decide if I want to continue. Will it be worth my time?
• Olney, Illinois
Will it be worth my time? Well, that would depend upon the reason you are here. If it is merely to interact with people, possibly learn a bit, and have some fun, then I would say yes. I've been here since late 2006 and it is my favorite place to be. As far as 'tips', just be active. Jump into discussions people have started, joke around a bit, give your opinions, yada yada yada, and before you know it you're having fun and wishing you'd found the place a long time ago.
Thanks, Jake. I'll give it a try.
@Macarrosel (7598)
Just enjoy reading, posting and commenting. And later on being paid.
Thanks for the advice.
I like mylotting my own way. I read what others have to say but nothing makes me happier then my own way around the site. I would not have it any other way. it took me a long while to get my stride here but I love it. There are lots of posts with people having the same concerns. you could search and find some. good day.
Thanks. I'll see what I can find.
@AkoPinay (11124)
RESPOND/COMMENT on others' discussions/posts and just have FUN.
@carebear29 (27529)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
lots of interaction and posting. comments
@dodoazo (14675)
Your very reason why you're here would tap for you on what to do unless you're serous about it. As you go along, you may develop a style of your own to get a better payment.
@hereandthere (26075)
for those who are used to sites that pay for every action they make and pay instantly for those actions, or used to sites that pay even when they're not here, they get impatient at mylot and go elsewhere because mylot isn't structured like other sites.