Getting a place called "Home"

Nowadays its pretty hard to find a good home with a good location that is for sale with a reasonable price. I have two options; to get a house, or to get a condo unit instead. I actually prefer a house cuz id have backyards etc. However, most houses that are available here are located HOURS away from the main city If I choose a condo unit instead, that would mean no backyard, no garden, no pets etc but a minutes walk to malls, work etc. If you were in my shoes, what would you choose?
I would go for the condo. I live in the country, and I don't think it's worth it.
Yeah especially its accessible to places like markets and stuffs. Except you live in a building and i dont think you'd be able to relax and get away from stress..
@sallypup (20709)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It depends. What matters the most to you? What are your options on getting around? Do you mind traffic and driving and do you have the money for all the stuff that goes with a car? Do you like to work outside? Do you mind having neighbors close to you? Do you like being close to restaurants? I know what we did and I know what we may do in the future years.
I actually plan to move out and get a home somewhere near my work place so i wouldnt have to wake up early so i wont be late. But mostly available near my work place are condos..
@sallypup (20709)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Mistletoe11 What are your winters like? Is it hard to drive cause of ice and snow? If that is the case, being near work would be a fantastic idea.
@sallypup err.. we actually dont have Winters. Just 3months summer and 9 months rain but yeah, near workplace would be the ideal..
@sugartoes (33736)
• Greencastle, Indiana
just to give you an idea of what you can do to save you from paying someone else to live in THEIR place you can get you like an acre or so of land & find a nice size shed to remodel to YOUR liking & it'll be YOURS out right & not have to worry about EVER moving again.
In this video I walk through a shed that I am converting into a liveable cabin. It is a great idea for a single or married couple looking to be more financia...
Thank you. Tho idk if there's available something like this in this big city..
I have a house, but I have to take a taxi to the Metro. Still, I prefer my house and my garden to an apartment where I could not even sneeze loud.
Thanks for the opinion. I like a house too. Except the long driving and traffic i would need to endure everyday to get to office..
@sugartoes (33736)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I'd get me a piece of land & put me a nice sized shed on it & BUILD off that this video has a LOT of info on just how to do this & it's a LOT cheaper too.
In this video I take you to see the varieties of sheds available at Lowe's and I explain how they can be converted to a very nice off-grid cabin. Also includ...
Thanks for the idea! Though a piece of land is rare to find in this big.. Busy city.
For us, we would also have to weigh in how much either of these places cost . . . consider the schools in the area for our kids and the time it takes my husband to get to work (and other factors of course). We have cars, so I wouldn't mind if we have to deal with a drive to get to necessary places, but if takes "hours", that would be way too far for us. I'd personally rather have a house if possible, but I would make do with a large enough condo if I had to.
Indeed. Those factors are what actually causing my dilemmas. I do not want to drive hours (not to mention the traffic) and i do not want to live in a building in the center of a busy big city with my family either..