We Made It Through Irma

https://pixabay.com/en/fallen-tree-sandy-hurricane-229864/
@HazySue (20936)
We lost our power on Sunday night due to Hurricane Irma. Last night (Thursday) we finally got power in our home in Inverness, Florida. We spent Sunday night and Monday Night here with no power. Tuesday just after 7PM we received a call from letting us know that our home in Summerfield had power so we packed a few things and took off for Summerfield. Our food, for the most part that was in the refrigerator was past help so we had to take the loss and move on. We spent the next two nights sleeping on the floor and without TV and Internet. I was so happy to have electricity that I didn't much care. Finally late afternoon we heard that our power was on in Inverness and so here we are back again with all our creature comforts. It was scary and uncomfortable for a bit but we made it through safe and sound. I hope and pray every one else made it through without too much damage to themselves and their property. Image Credit: Pixabay
I'm so glad you are alright. Between southeast TX and FL many have been left with nothing so you are definitely very lucky.
@HazySue (20936)
I consider myself unbelievably lucky. Neither one of our homes had damage to them.
WOW, that really is unbelieveable @HazySue I'm so happy for you.
So glad you are safe and sound. Our condo also got power back on Thursday. We are so lucky, knowing it could have been much worse.
How do you know your condo lost power and got it back if you are in another state? I know my electricity company sent a lot of people down to Florida to help them get electricity back. My cousin in Tampa who stayed for the storm only lost power for a few minutes, but they had a generator ready. There two kids who are younger almost 3 and two years old slept through the whole thing according to my cousin. My uncle on the other side of the family evacuated. My cousin sent a text to my sister that my Uncles area was badly hit and then my sister got it out of him my Uncle's home was okay. Good thing he just bought it this spring!
@Marty1 Our neighbor watches our condo. Glad his home is ok!!!
@DianneN I get it now! That is very smart to do! Glad you have your power back. Do you know when you are going to Florida for the winter?
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
So glad you are safe and home again. Sorry for the loss of power and all that happened. It is good you are back home and moving on. Hope you don't have too much to take care of and clean up after Irma.
@HazySue (20936)
We are going to clean up slowly. There is a bit of it and we don't want to overdo.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@HazySue I am glad it wasn't so bad for you. Take your time and it will all get done.
@HazySue (20936)
@poehere Slow but steady, that's me.
@Shellyann36 (9214)
So glad to hear that you are alright!
@HazySue (20936)
We are safe and sound. lucky that we didn't have some of the damage that others have.
@HazySue Hurricanes are dangerous. I think most people are learning to respect Mother Nature more these days.
@HazySue (20936)
@Shellyann36 I think people are beginning to start take Mother Nature more serious.
I am glad you are back and you did not suffer big damages. It surely is uncomfortable not to have electricity for several days. It's a pain to be without even for only a few hours.
@HazySue (20936)
It was really hot. We lost some food but we were very lucky.
@HazySue I can imagine how hot it is without air conditioning. It's a shame to waste food, but at least you had no major damages.
@HazySue (20936)
@LadyDuck I hated losing all the food but you do need to be thankful for the things you were left with. I am thrilled to have power again.
@m_audrey6788 (13844)
So glad to know that everything is back to normal again! Wish you a happy weekend!
@HazySue (20936)
It's as close to normal as we can get. Hopefully we will be able to get it all cleaned up before too long.
@HazySue ..Hi there! How are things going?
@HazySue (20936)
@m_audrey6788 ok we hit a little bump in getting all cleared up here.
So glad that your back and have power again!
@HazySue (20936)
Me too. How did it go for you? Did you lose power or have any damage?
@HazySue We only lost power for a day where I am. A lot of people are still without power here though. And there's a lot of flooding down town. =(
@HazySue (20936)
@LovingMyBabies You were lucky to get your power so quickly. There are people two blocks away from us that are still waiting for their power to come back to them. I take it there was no damage to your home, good news.
I remember when typhoon Hayan hit our hometown. We didn't have electricity for almost a month. But because our business needs power and we can't operate without one, my brother and I have to buy a big generator set to supply us that power. We were able to live comfortably during those weeks that there was no power.
@HazySue (20936)
We have decided that we definitely need to buy a generator. I am on oxygen and the days without power were hard on my body.
@HazySue it would be best if you buy a backup power system then.
@Lucky15 (33416)
Glad that you made it through. It was devastating and heart breaking to see the aftermath :(
@HazySue (20936)
It was heartbreaking to see what others have lost.
@Lucky15 (33416)
@HazySue Looking at everything, heroes have come out of their shell during the storm
@fishtiger58 (30344)
• Momence, Illinois
glad you are ok and have electricity back. that didn't take as long as some of the reports are saying it could.
@HazySue (20936)
There are still some areas around here that have no power. A lot of trees came down and took power lines with them. We are very lucky.
@fishtiger58 (30344)
• Momence, Illinois
@HazySue I would say so.
This is wonderful news Susan..so glad to know you made it through friend. Yes a little inconvenience is nothing comparatively.
@HazySue (20936)
When I think about what some of the other people have lost I can't complain about losing power.
@HazySue I know you are grateful it was just that my friend..I am so glad to know you are all fine there.
Oh, boy! I hope you are all safe there.
@HazySue (20936)
We are safe and sound. Our home had no damage, thank goodness.
@HazySue That's nice to hear.
Although yours is an old post, I´m glad you had no problems then.
@HazySue (20936)
Thank you, we were very lucky.
Glad your house is okay and the power is back on. It could of been worse where your house was flattened, glad that didn't happen to you.
@HazySue (20936)
We were lucky. We saw roofs torn off other homes and trees uprooted and on top of houses.
I am happy that you survived Irma.
@HazySue (20936)
Thank you. We are picking ourselves up and moving on. We were lucky.
I hope that everything will be okay again soon and back to normal.
@HazySue (20936)
Things are starting to get back to normal. We now have the birds coming back and the squirrels running around.
@YrNemo (11872)
Glad to hear that you are safe.
@HazySue (20936)
We were one of the lucky ones who did not experience too much damage.
@KrauseHome (35026)
Glad that the only thing you lost was Food and power. Also glad that you are safely back home so things can get back to normal. I was keeping all of Florida in Prayer.
@HazySue (20936)
Thanks. What we have lost is small in comparison to what some others have lost. We still have our home and each other.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad that you have power back and that you managed to make it work. It must be a relief to have your power again.
@HazySue (20936)
It is a relief. It makes everything so much easier.
It is great to hear you are safe and things are getting back to normal
@HazySue (20936)
Things are trying to get back to normal. We are in the midst of cleaning up.