I found a nickel on a lamp post

Yesterday, on my way to the hair salon, I went to throw out a napkin into the garbage can. When I neared it, I noticed a shiny nickel lying on the lamp post. I grabbed it and put it in my wallet. It seemed like it was placed there, not just accidentally dropped. So, I became five cents richer. If only it had been a five dollar bill instead. I remember some months ago I found a nickel lying on a fence. I stopped to take out my cell phone from my purse, and there it was staring at me - a shiny nickel. Must have been waiting for me... Have you ever found change outside that wasn't on the ground?
My name is Michael. The shiny nickle now keeps playing a song in my head.
When this old world gets me down And there's no love to be found I close my eyes and soon I find I'm in a playground in my mind Where the children laugh and ...
This is a great song!
Well, after reading your posts about your finding money, I did pay attention and found a dime!!! That made me happy.
That's awesome! The smallest things can change our mood from sad to happy.
@Scrapper88 (1038)
When there was payphones; I would check them. I found a lot of money that way.
I think I've managed to find some change in pay phones in the past as well.
@Christinb (414)
Yes afew times though
There have been times where I've found change in my own house, in places I'd never thought it would be.
@Christinb That's always a welcome surprise. Sometimes a coin could be staring back at you but you don't see it.
@inertia4 (26913)
Here in NYC you find money all the time. Mostly pennies though. But you sometimes find quarters and dimes and dollars as well. I like finding money.
I've found quarters before but never dollar bills. Though recently I was walking outside and a girl and her mom ran past me, and I saw them pick up a dollar bill from the ground. Can't believe I didn't see it first.
@inertia4 (26913)
@lovebuglena It happens. We are not always looking down at the ground when we walk. Look, it is what it is. My girlfriend told me she once found a 20 dollar bill crumbled up in the street. She picked it up and kept it. Can you imagine.
@inertia4 Wow! I would love to find a twenty. It would be weird, at least to others, if we always looked down when we walked.
Though a nickel isn't much, it's still a nickel more to your name If you think about it, some people would go crazy just to have that extra 5 cents, be grateful for your lucky find, it's going to be a great day! -Mr. Anomaly
It's weird, but these days when I spot a coin outside, it brightens my mood.
@lovebuglena Finding anything good brightens my mood! think about the story of that nickel and how it managed to get there... could get interesting. Could have came from anyone's pocket, even a celebrity somewhere down the line haha Hey.. you never really know!
@Mr_Anomaly I wonder if there are people out there that hunt for coins... Like, there are people that go mushroom hunting... Are there those that go coin hunting?
That's great. No, every penny and even bills have been on the ground.
It seems like it is not worth it to pick up a penny but pennies can add up to a good amount. But I don't always pick them up if there are a lot of people around.
@lovebuglena If I see it, I pick it up.
yes , i have found
@ABHISHEK112 What's the most you have found at one time?
My husband is the one who finds change, not me. Of course, if I do I won't touch it, he picks it up.