Good Ole Radio Days

Havre De Grace, Maryland
Here is something I ponder everyday but as we most are from different cultures and places not sure if people will realize. Today when we download music off the internet its copy write or stealing.Back in the 90s we record on tapes on the radio the same kind of music but it wasnt called stealing. What are your thought.
It could be very frustrating taping songs from the radio back then. The radio host had this annoying habit of intruding and making a comment or two while the song is playing.
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
You cant record anything know without paying a dollar with tax because they think its stealing .As long as you aint supplying someone else with what you recorded it shouldn't be that way.
@William21001 Whatever I recorded in those days was meant for my ears only.
@sugartoes (38331)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Kandae11 I SO remember that when I use to record & they'd interrupt the music GOD I use to hate that BUT I got SMART & timed it JUST right to where I didn't get that mess.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Because back in the days there were no devices that could show multiple songs existed
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
Good point my friend the technology was kinda of prehistoric back then so they couldnt really tell what we was doing.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@William21001 Yeah. Nowadays everything is watched and there is no privacy either. Do you like technology?
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
@mildredtabitha Love it and what new things that come out everyday or every month.
Yes times have changed and I like the old days better.
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
The one thing i hate the blame privacy laws on terrorist and terrorism this is crap.If they was snooping like they was supposed to 9-11 wouldn't have happen.
@William21001 Yes you are so right my friend..all this snooping on ordinary people. But not the criminals.
@dodoazo (16149)
During the time music is in its prime days for promo. Sales are growing offline. Now when they decline, they clamor. Lawmakers would like to take a role in controlong it. Thus cyberlaws on against piratong were enacted and copyright law enforcement covered online copying or downloading.
@sugartoes (38331)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I download music onto blank cd's all the time off the internet & I use to record music off the radio too that when & IF I get another radio I PLAN on doing AGAIN but I have like 200 cd's with music that I've recorded on blank cd's to listen to.
@peachpurple (12195)
yes during in the 1980s recording the songs isn't considered illegal but now they are copyright issues