Boyfriend was/is wrong

When I first started writing here 6months ago, my boyfriend thought I was wasting my time. That no one here would actually care about getting to know me, what I have to say, if I was here or not.. etc.. He also thought the small pay was extremely rude, and that being paid once a month for our "hard" work at the small pay, was stupid. (He was on bubblews and was getting $50+ every week, as was I.. and my mom). So I thought after all this time, and me making a few real friends who have helped me alot since joining here, and having only two months under $30 (the first two I was here).. he would change his mind and think being here is mostly a positive thing for me. But sadly, he hasn't. He still thinks it's stupid and a waste of my time . Especially since some people here have been very rude to me. Oh well.
I´m sorry that some people here have been rude to you. I have had a different experience. Although I earned a lot more money at Bubblews, I never knew whether I would be paid or not. And, it fact, they did not pay me a lot of what they owed me. This site is not about getting rich. There are other riches besides money.
Don't be sorry. All three of us got paid every cent we made there, just like I have here. So no complaints on them from me. Yes, I know it's not. But the money is what I joined for. I just happened to get more out of it than money.
@Courtlynn I earned a lot more at Bubblews (in fact I owe Bubblews my deep freeze), but this way of interacting here is something that is more fun for me.
@marguicha Yes, most of us here from there, did earn more. But that might also be why they couldnt pay everyone, cause some were making so much each week, like myself, my bf and my mom. And even people who made more than us.
It is hard sometimes to convey the beauty of myLot. I remember on the old myLot, I had a good few referrals, but none of them ever bothered participating with the site..I think it is very worthwhile. Glad you are here and stuck it out despite some rudeness.
Thank you. Me too
@TiarasOceanView is that you in your picture?
@JustBhem (32817)
• Davao, Philippines
I didn't know that there are people here being rude to you my friend. Well, maybe he was right and wrong at the same time. Yes, it's true that we are getting a small pay but what is worth it is the friendship we are building to each in everyone here. In the outside world, friend and other people don't care about us. But here in the inside, people are caring and they understand us.
I was, a few months back. Yes, most here are caring and understanding to us. But not everyone.
@tech40 (9262)
@JustBhem High standard people nowadays look at their selves too high..
@JustBhem (32817)
• Davao, Philippines
@Courtlynn I see. I hope everything works fine.
I can't imagine why anybody would be rude to such a nice and sweet person. It was just the people who were rude to you that had the problems of being mean. I think that the friends I have made here are the best! I don'T think that is a waste to be be on here as why not it is some money at least! I decided to stay up and my lot for awhile!
Because I live differently than them, and they judge different and want everyone to live how they think they should.. sad. It's a safe, and mostly easy and fun way to make money. Dont see anything wrong with it.
@Courtlynn I can't stand those type of people. I have too many other things on my mind and have no time to decide that everybody has to live a certain way. Those who do have too much time on their hands. I hope you have a good rest of night!
@Marty1 exactly! You too!
@YrNemo (11824)
Has your boyfriend found other writing sites which is similar to the old B site? Ask him to introduce you to those sites or 'please refrain from criticising' .
No he hasn't. He can criticize all he wants. Doesnt change my opinion on the site.
@YrNemo (11824)
@peachpurple (12851)
sorry that someone had been rude to you, please don`t take it too hard. I was earning well at bubblews too but you know good stuff doesn`t last long
Nothing last forever. Bubblews was bound to not have money the way people cashed out. It's okay. It was good and helpful while it lasted.
@sabtraversa (12997)
That must be frustrating. Now my boyfriend knows about me being on this site, but he doesn't understand how it works. Rude people are everywhere, but I found most people here to be supportive. "Wasting" time here is better than wasting time on other social networks. In the end, your own opinion is the one that really matters.
Yes rude people are. And yes most here are supportive which is awesome.
It's fun to come on here at least a little bit each day. I don't think it's a waste of time at all. Sorry if someone was rude to you on here.
Mostly, yes it is fun to be here each day. And some days, are very helpful to me.
@kobesbuddy (43987)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That's terrible, someone has been rude to you! It's uncalled for, nasty behavior. Just remember though, there are people who will do that, absolutely everywhere! In a grocery store, I had a lady double up her fist and threaten to fight with me:( I've never had a physical fight, in my entire life! Those things happen, wherever we go. How we react, shows just what kind of person we really are. Do we play their childish games? No, I know you don't!
It is terrible, and showed who they are. But I didn't fall into it like you said. That's not me. I've never been in a physical fight either. Not even close. Because I'm not a bad person or someone who argues with people - especially just because.
@kobesbuddy (43987)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Courtlynn I was attacked by a lady too, she claimed that I lied to her! So what did I do? At first, I was going to leave My Lot. Then I said, 'She's a bully!' Nobody is going to bully me off this site!
@kobesbuddy exactly. Bullies need to leave not us.
@velvet53 (16364)
• Palisade, Colorado
He needs to realize that it is not always about money. Someone that cares about you and listens to you can sometimes be more important than any dollar made. Tine you both made good money on Bubblews but did you have the support there like you do here? If he thinks you are wasting your time then tell him to start a site where you could make more money but you may be lacking in other areas.
Well, yes. I did have great support there.. probably better than here, actually. I also met my bestie @Tammys85 there and shes been a great help and friend, and i met 3 wonderful people through her too.
@velvet53 (16364)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Courtlynn That is good and I know that Bubblews was good. But he needs to realize that they are no loner around and that you are doing your best.
@velvet53 he knows they arent. Nothing to do with that. He just thinks this site and the people, is worse.
@Srbageldog (8379)
Ahh, what does he know. Do it because you enjoy it. You don't need his approval. I kind of view it as the money just being a bonus. It's a great site to socialize and make friends, and have people listen to you when you have something to say. I'm sorry people have been rude to you though. There seem to be some people on here who are just rude...
There really are, and one started again tonight. Smh.
@Courtlynn Ugh, I'm sorry. I hate rude people.
@Srbageldog so do i. But its okay. Blocked them, finally
@tech40 (9262)
@Courtlynn We can't blame them :) before I also found myLot just a waste of time probably that is why I only have few activity on my account even if I already started since 2012.. but time goesby I'm still here, and interacting with you guys :)
Ive never found it a waste
@tech40 (9262)
@Courtlynn Yup myLot isn't a waste of time :) I just feel that few years ago. that is why I'm not much active a year ago..
@tech40 thats fine. Youre here now
@singhisback (2174)
• Jalandhar, India
We cannot change how someone thinks. So you should better avoid it and enjoy your time here like you used to do
Oh i am.
@KrauseHome (35026)
Well Yes, the pay is small, but look Bubble is no longer around and many of us from Bubble days are here, or were here before Bubble and came back, etc. Just if you enjoy being here, enjoy it, and ignore and turn in those who have been rude to you here.
Exactly. And I have.
@Ithink (10673)
I love reading you, thou I have to say I have a hard time finding certain people when I'm wondering what they are up to or if I haven't seem them for a few days. We might not get paid ALOT but what are we really doing? Chatting, socializing and getting to know people. I love this site. Heck I only made 5 but it is still 5 more then I had!
Aw thanks! I come on here with my phone, so I have about 6 people I really enjoy reading bookmarked in the web. But i also go through the most recent discussions page all day so usually find the others i enjoy too. Yes. Any money is good money
@Ithink (10673)
@Courtlynn I have so many bookmarks I don't think Id every find them! I mean to clean them out then get side tracked! Yes as my mom always told me, it all adds up!
@Ithink maybe one day you should dedicate time to going through them
Sorry to hear that your boyfriend feels that way about myLot. Just goes to show that myLot ain't for everyone.
Hed be here if it gave more
@Courtlynn his reason for writing is clearly different.
@allen0187 not really. I came here for money too.
@Tina30219 (33690)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear your boyfriend feels this way. I would not worry about what he thinks all that matters is your happy here
Well, of course I'll worry what he thinks. But I'm not going to leave here because of him.
@Tina30219 (33690)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Right I wiuldn't either
@Tina30219 if bullies can't make me leave, neither can his opinions
@lovebuglena (5923)
• Staten Island, New York
I get where he is coming from. If a person has to spend many hours a day here and at the end of the month doesn't make a big amount it is not worth it. I'd be thrilled if I was able to make $30 or $50, etc. in a single month, but if that meant having to spend hours upon hours every day here commenting and writing discussions, it wouldn't be worth it, because I could spend that time doing other more important things. On the other hand, not working right now, any way I can get some extra money should be taken advantage of. I have to figure out how to increase my earnings here... See what I am doing wrong and have to improve on, etc. If others are able to do well here, I should also we able to do just as well...
Yeah, i dont spend hours here a day, just check back and forth because i come on using my phone. And i still make $30. Two months ago even made $40. Its not hard for me, but is for others.
• Staten Island, New York
@Courtlynn That's awesome. Keep doing what works.
@lovebuglena I am, thanks
@KristenH (23755)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I would never be rude to you. And as for him, rubbish! How rude!
I know you wouldn't, and I appreciate that Kristen! He just won't get none of my pennies
@KristenH (23755)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Good for you. Treat yourself nice.
@pumpkinjam (5767)
I never made much on Bubblews (and the one time I did reach payout, they never actually paid) but I wrote there for the same reasons I write here. I enjoy it. We do have to put in a lot of work for little remuneration but for me, as I know is the case for many here, the money is secondary. If you come here to make money, you'll be disappointed. If you come here to have discussions, make friends, and write for enjoyment then it is not a waste of time at all. I remember once that I wanted to learn Welsh. A friend told me she thought it was a waste of time. As I said to her, even if it is something which doesn't prove useful, it is something I will enjoy and, therefore, not a waste of time.
well, I am here mostly for money and I don't get disappointed every month but that's me, and I now come for the friends and jotting my thoughts, not just the money.