Waterlogged Feeling!

Well I slept pretty good last night with the CPAP working well But when I woke up it was like having a little puddle in my lungs. As the morning has gone on I have noticed it acting like a small wave action on the ocean shore. I'll be doing okay and then when I move around the wave comes. It happens for me like this when the weather changes in certain ways. This will make 4 weeks where I've been unable to go to church due to one health issue of another. I am going to try something different this week to see if it helps. I'll put water in the reservoir of my machine at night and see if that helps on a low setting. While I have avoided this because of the level of humidity here in Michigan, it may be something that will help. If not then my next step is to add a single use of my rescue inhaler at bedtime or in the morning. If these do not change the problem then I'll go to my pulmonologist to see what changes may be needed. As for my other health issues I will have to go talk with my Dr. in November if they don't show improvement. This may lead to adding a gastroenterologist to my list of Dr.'s. I haven't had one of those for several years because I was tired of having more Dr.s than friends that I see regularly! I guess having a Psychiatrist, Family Dr., Pulminologist and Gastroenterologist wont be that bad. So how many Dr.s do you have?
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
I have two, because most women do, we have a GP and a OB/GYN The moisture in your lungs sure doesn't sound right.
@fishtiger58 It may not be actual fluid but that is what it feels like. It seems that when I'm sleeping it settles in and then as the day goes on it clears for the most part.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@Berniezeitler That would so freak me out, I would be running to the docs.
@fishtiger58 I've had the problem for years and only since being diagnosed with Asthma and Sleep Apnea have I been concerned about it. For years it just seemed like a normal thing for me.
Sorry to read about the problems that you have. I have too many docs to even bothering counting them.
@marlina As we get more Dr.'s so goes the billing eh!
@Berniezeitler Not here in Canada/
@dodoazo (21035)
When I was a kid, I usually caught with asthma. My pulmon is weak. I didn't understand it. It usually attacked me when the weather is bad, particularly when it's too hot. Also when I was exposed to dusty places. When my mother or father got angry with me. I was treated by our family doctor but it got back when I was emotionally disturbed for I was youngest son of 6 of us in our family. My mother had given me a concoction of a bark of a tree. We called Sibucao in our dialect. I used to drink it every morning. I didn't remember how many times till I stopped drinking it. My asthma was gone. And I became emotionally stable. Now I am 65 years old. Asthma is very friendly with me.
@dodoazo I looked up the Sibucao and it sounds like it would be good for several of my health issues however thanks to my IBS it would be dangerous,
@dodoazo (21035)
@Berniezeitler it's a Philippine herbal. I will help you find it and if I find it I will right away message you. But first check the list of Philippine herbal for treating asthma.
@dodoazo Will do! I actually was looking at the information on line and it did indicate the Philippines as the source.
Just one.. I don't currently have insurance..so doctor shopping is not in the cards for me. Sorry you are having issues..that must be terribly uncomfortable
@snowy22315 I'm on medicare so they are very particular about who I can see in some cases. I don't want to have any Dr.'s but feel worse for you because you don't have insurance! Wasn't Obamacare supposed to make sure you had good insurance?
I hope some solution to that problem will come for you Bernie. I only have a nurse practitioner here at the moment, they have no docs at the clinic here.