When Is Writing Not Writing?

Stoo Road Sign - Pixabay
@dodoazo (10124)
In online writing which gives coins or pays to the members or users, I observe that newbies are taking it for granted. I may cite a typical example, this site, myLot. They post, comment or interact with a senseless phrase, a sentence or two. It's like a tweet or comment or message in a Facebook and other social media. What should be done? I may quote a line from FAQs, "be descriptive - myLot users... are NOT mind readers". It means give it a sense. Express what's your idea or thought with a detail, data, or information. That's what I mean of writing is not writing. Anyway we're reacting that way but nothing would compel them to do so. At least I have expressed my concern. Nobody could stop you from doing it. That it adds burden to the admin or moderators designate.
@SonjaRae (5794)
Several years back I was on an actual right team site that was called associated content. It was not as interactive like my lot is to me. I noticed here on my lot it reminds me of a community Or what I would consider to be like the old chat rooms that used to exist with MSN. Some people blog about their day, and events, questions sometimes even frustrations and others share interesting stories about news events or things that are going on in our world today. There are times that I respond to a string in a discussion with a brief LOL or a That's great! And this is usually after someone has engaged with me in conversation and it's kind of the closing much like we would say respectfully sincerely and our signature. When I'm interacting here on my lot yes the pennies add up, but my engaging with people or my responses are never driven by I need to get some pennies.
@dodoazo (10124)
That's true. It seems you're frustrated. Don't you?
@SonjaRae (5794)
@dodoazo On the contrary, I am not frustrated at all. On Associated Content, I viewed it as a writing site, where I earned money for articles I wrote, and or I claimed "offers" for articles they were looking for which all had required structure and word minimum requirements. So I did what I did to earn money. Here on myLot, I don't see it as a writing site. As I stated in my first response to you, the pennies earned here to interact with people in what I deem as a "community", is just a little bonus.
@dodoazo (10124)
@SonjaRae myLot is a community with a little bonus. For after a hardwork you made here a penny is guven. It takes patience. Im that case, they're going to abuse it.
What bothers me most about them is that they write multiple one liners and I have to scroll down to check on a real post. Many good posts are lost for me that way.
@dodoazo (10124)
That's right. They clutter the section of posts with no responses. But to ignore them is kicking them out house.
@dodoazo Right. But I wonder if we should also report them.
@dodoazo (10124)
@marguicha ignoring them and report before they accumulate more reactions.
I've noticed some write barely a whole line!
@dodoazo (10124)
But they're gone or burst like bubbles.
• Marion, Kansas
There will always be people who do the minimum required. The recipients of this empty comment or response will still earn, so they will not be too upset. On the other hand the person who does this poor writing will not receive interaction, will not get paid and will eventually move on, grumbling about our rudeness or how the site is a scam. Their laziness will police them for us.
@JustBhem (20730)
• Davao, Philippines
I noticed that even before but it really doesn't bother me, as long as it's not vulgar or scandalous and besides we have admins who work their powers here. If you've still keep seeing them that means they are okay.
@dodoazo (10124)
You've a trick word of wisdom when you said that if they're still doiing it, it means they're allowable or permitted. So, it's better we keep our eyes closed than arguing with them.
@JustBhem (20730)
• Davao, Philippines
@dodoazo As I've said to my previous discussion that mylot is a friendly site that means as much as possible we need to keep that peace. I always think that way because I've seen a lot and I still see those - meaning it's either admins didn't see that or it could be admins let it pass. But you can report them if you think it's against the rule.
@dodoazo (10124)
@JustBhem I got the point for the more we're here it's beneficial for the site. I do respect whatever the admin/moderator decision. Aren't not tempted to follow them?
Writing that is not writing does become quite annoying and to avoid the annoyance, it is skipped by a lot of us.
@dodoazo (10124)
We know what post has the sense? And we're used to writing quality post. We do try our best to show example for them. Me, I learn by examples, by experiences for they're the best teachers. Do you agree to that?
@dodoazo I do agree. We eventually learn that a post of good quality does much better at attracting readers.
@dodoazo (10124)
@Corbin5 It's different here, however. It's a clique or group of friends that usually interact. It's highly technical to classify what's a quality post. In your case, how do determine that a post is in a quality one?
There will be members here who have no idea how the site works and who would do not even the bare minimum. I guess, it is true for all sites.
@dodoazo (10124)
You're right. But for those who are serious in earnings online, they question it. They ask everything on the manner of payment, the amount paid as to its minimum cash out.
@dodoazo there is nothing wrong if people ask sensible questions that are not found in the FAQ. However, most of the posts that I have seen are just sorry excuses to have something to write.
@dodoazo (10124)
@allen0187 I think myLot has a friendly admin like @GoAskAlice. Have you communicated her? If questions couldn't be found in FAQs, they may be directed to the admin. Clarification is the issue queried to her, I think.
@singhisback (2258)
• Jalandhar, India
You hold a very good point my friend
@dodoazo (10124)
I bring it out for those who come short of a good post so that they'll do their best next time. I remember one myLot users that this site is good avenue for developing his writing, getting his thiughts online, and being quick to reply with sense. I admire that kind of person for he learned by examples. We do in the Boy Scouts, "learning by doing".
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have read some discussions where I wasn't really sure what the topic was. I was lost and didn't know what to reply with. We do need to know what people are really talking about before we can honestly reply.