Taking time off work

@YesWay (3452)
I don't have many days off work through being ill. In the 20 odd years I have been working, the most I have ever had is 4 in one year. There have been years when I have had none. I have certainly never pretended to be ill just to take the day off although I do know people who do that. I think I would just be too worried about getting found out! There is a girl in my team who has 11 days off sick in the last 6 months and is clearly taking advantage..... do you pull sick days?
I keep my sick days intact as these are converted to cash at the end of the year and is credited to our payroll accounts.
@YesWay (3452)
That is nice work @allen0187 !
@YesWay thanks.
@singhisback (2146)
• Jalandhar, India
I don't like to be absent from work. I enjoy my time in office
@YesWay (3452)
I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but I don't like having to catch up when I get back.
@Poppylicious (10108)
I only take days off work if I really need to, otherwise I'm a bit of a martyr and struggle in regardless. I think I've had a total of three days off in the nearly six years I've been in my current job. Some people do have genuine reasons for needing to take time off, yet their colleagues think they are just taking advantage. They could have a health condition they don't want to disclose to everybody, or mental health issues which require some downtime.
@YesWay (3452)
Yep, but not in this case! It's good that you are so hardworking.
No I don't like to call in at all. There have only been a few times that I've had to call in.
@YesWay (3452)
That's the best way to be.
@sishy7 (27589)
No, I don't either... I don't like taking a day off unless it's absolutely necessary... I don't like having to catch up with work accumulated during my absence.
@YesWay (3452)
That's exactly what my issue with it is - no one covers my work when I'm off so I just have more to do when I get back.