Taking The Day Off

https://pixabay.com/en/cup-funny-smiley-feet-laugh-2746871/
@HazySue (21954)
We have worked without stop since Hurricane Irma left us. We are now tired beyond belief and know we definitely need a day off. What better day to take off than Sunday? We went out to breakfast, after church, of course. I was surprised that more people weren't in church this morning giving thanks for making it through the storm safely. Now I am here at home relaxing with yet another cup of coffee. I will be on mylot today, off and on. I have worked so hard the past few days I am now ill again. So today we will be trying to have a well deserved rest. Plus, I will be trying to play catch up with everyone here. What are your plans for today? Whatever they are I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
My plan was the beach and seeing the surfers with high surf from Jose
@HazySue (21954)
I hope they don't get swept out to sea.
@HazySue no they are fine.The next couple of days will be tough.With Jose hitting the coastline here.
@HazySue (21954)
@amadeo I hope everyone will be safe there. I am so sorry to hear that Jose has decided to pay a visit to your area.
I had to work today. Was happy to only have one client for 2 hours. Went shopping with my sister and granddaughter. Now I am relaxing while catching up on notifications. Soon I will indulge in one more cup of coffee. You got me hankering for one.
@HazySue (21954)
Gotta have that cup of coffee. My day grinds to a halt without it.
I went to the store and then did some reading. Watching TV and relaxing now. Glad you made it through safely.
@HazySue (21954)
I like the sound of your day. Soon I hope to be able to watch TV and relax. Enjoy.
@HazySue Were you hurt in Irma? I love the picture of the cup. It is adorable. I am working on My Lot and watching TV.
@HazySue (21954)
No, I wasn't hurt but we did have some damage. I found the image of the cup on Pixabay. Right now I have a show on called "Shattered".
@HazySue I think I heard of Shattered but not sure. Damage is also not fun but glad you were not hurt. I love the cup you used. You are very creative in your taste.
@HazySue (21954)
@Hannihar thank you
I would think there would be more in church as well after a hurricane like that. I'm sure you needed the rest after all the work you've been doing cleaning up after Irma. My plans today - not much, thinking about writing, maybe reading. I just started reading a new book.
@HazySue (21954)
I will be done with clean up in a short while and I will be retreating to my little room and write, write, write.
@HazySue Good for you. I hope you get a lot of writing done. I've had no time for writing the last couple days.
@HazySue (21954)
@just4him I hope so too, I am so far behind. I hope you manage to get some writing time.
I'm sure a lot of people don't have time for church right now with all the cleanup and repairs that need to be tended to. I plan to get going with the weed cutting, some of them towards the back of the lot are almost 7' tall, that'll be a challenge for sure.
@HazySue (21954)
Those are some big weeds. A challenge for sure. You get 'em girl.
Yeah, it always happens @HazySue it was one of those rare wet years and it'll take a while to get the weedy trees under control but by 2019 it'll all be dried up again.
@HazySue (21954)
Oh dear I am so very sorry to hear you are ill Susan..I wish you a swift recovery and maybe this rest today will help. Yes I guess people are just worn out and did not get to church. You were good to go. Have a restful day my friend
@HazySue (21954)
I did have a restful day but still ended up with bronchitis. Oh well, I take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.
@HazySue Oh no
@HazySue (21954)
@TiarasOceanView That's ok, it is a common thing for me. Anyway I am starting to feel better.
Glad you will take this day off and rest. I can imagine so many who had to endure the hurricane are extremely exhausted.
@HazySue (21954)
That's true. Walking through the store earlier I noticed a lot of people with bags under their eyes. All of us will be happy if we never see another hurricane.
@HazySue I am worried about our myLot users in Mexico. 7.6 earthquake in Mexico City-buildings falling down. I think the world is in need of a break from disasters.
@HazySue (21954)
@Corbin5 I read about that. I have been concerned and praying ever since. I do think we all need a break.
Hope you get that much needed rest. Not much happening today. Just the trip to the gym later in the afternoon and a trip to the bank to settle my credit card bill and make a deposit in my checking account.
@HazySue (21954)
Sounds like a leisurely day for you. Enjoy it.
@HazySue leisurely doesn't even begin to describe it.
@spiderdust (6466)
• San Jose, California
I love the picture you used at the top. Maybe people were resting their bodies and giving thanks privately at home instead of going to church.
@HazySue (21954)
Maybe they were. I do know that Irma has worn us to a frazzle. That image is from Pixabay.
@KrauseHome (35341)
Glad things are starting to get back to normal for you. Today is Tuesday and besides going and figuring out what was wrong with my Cell phone service, which was an easy fix, just sitting here relaxing. Have some stuff I have to do in a bit, but for now posting here on myLot.
@HazySue (21954)
It's always nice to be able to spend time here. I am here off and on but will be on more soon. Enjoy your day.
I'm glad that you are okay. Irma was no longer a hurricane by the time it got to us.
@HazySue (21954)
I am glad that she calmed down and expired before she got in your area.
You deserve a relaxed day, after all the work and the stress you endured.
@HazySue (21954)
It has been stressful for sure. I enjoyed every minute of my day off.
I hope you recuperate quickly and feel much better now. I am recuperating from a slew of lunches and dinners, including my future DIL's bachelorette dinner, party, and bar hopping last night.
@HazySue (21954)
That's wonderful that you are having such a great time. Before you know it the big day will be here.
@FourWalls (14226)
To quote the old McDonald's line, you deserve a break today! My uncle (who lives in Orlando) estimates it's going to take a couple of weeks to get the trees cleaned up. He lost a big tree in the storm, too (posted a picture of him and his kids trying to move it, and the roots were as tall as he is!). Thankful you're okay!!
@HazySue (21954)
It's amazing to me how these huge trees were uprooted the way they were. The roots are enormous. Heavy too.
@nomus24g (23768)
I had lot of plans, but it got foiled by day long rainfall...an entire Sunday lost doing nothing :(
@HazySue (21954)
I'm sorry. I have so many things to do that I have to schooled wasted days. Hope next Saturday is better for you.