What a Pig of a Day

By Gill
@Gillygirl (16445)
Sutton, England
The day started badly when I was awoken by a loud crash in my street. A lorry had driven up and fly tipped a load of rubbish in the middle of the road. A neighbour moved the rubbish to the pavement outside my house. It looks as though someone cleared a shed and didn't want to pay for a skip. There's an old exercise bike, a rusty lawnmower and many other metal contractions. The council has promised to remove this heap of junk soon. My husband had his mobile phone stolen from his pocket whilst at the supermarket. A stop has been put on it now and our Internet banking suspended in case the thief tries to access details. Hope you've all had a better day. .
Oh dear what a lot of bad things today to happen to you Gill..so very sorry to hear this.. Well I can say so far it is better than your day.. I hope that bloody council will get a move on on the rubbish and that your husband can get a new phone..wonder if there is video of it being stolen inside the store...
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
There would be CCTV cameras but the police are so lacking in resources so I doubt that any action would be taken.
@Gillygirl Yes that is right too Gill..so sorry..geez one has to have eyes in the back of your head today.
@FayeHazel (13293)
Oh dear. That is a rough day. I hope you're doing better
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
All is quiet now. It's night so not much of the day left.
@FayeHazel (13293)
@Gillygirl I hope tomorrow is stellar for you :-)
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
@FayeHazel Thank you.
Yikes! I hope your day improves!
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Thanks me too although it's night now so not much of the day left.
Junk tossed on the pavement in front of your house, phone stolen . No your day hasn't gone too well so far. Hope tomorrow will be better
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
So do I!
You really did have a bad day!! So glad to hear a stop has been put in place and internet and banking suspended. An OK day here, but way too hot for me.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
It's much cooler her now.. Autumn has really arrived.
@ridingbet (39940)
i am sorry you had that 'misfortune'. i hope your day went better after.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Yes it's been a much better few days now.
@ridingbet (39940)
@Gillygirl glad to know. how is the respiratory condition we were feeling about? no attacks now?
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
@ridingbet It's okay but I have little spells where I need my inhaler more. When that happens it gets me down.
That would be really bad news to have had the phone stolen. And the rubbish would be a pain too. I hope it is removed soon.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
The rubbish was removed quite quickly and hubby has a new phone. He's more security conscience now.
@Gillygirl It happens in the blink of an eye doesn't it? Vince had his wallet stolen in Vienna two years ago. We're paranoid about wallets and bags now.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
@JudyEv Yes these people are very quick. It must have been awful to be robbed so far away from home.
I am sorry about the mobile phone, most of the time are the collateral annoyance worse than the value of the phone itself. Your neighbor could have arranged with the council a day to have his rubbish removed.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
The rubbish got moved promptly and husband has a new phone now. This week has been much better.
@Gillygirl I am glad that the week has been much better, after an unlucky time, usually it follows a better time.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck Yes that is true and without bad times we wouldn't appreciate good times.
Yikes! I'm so sorry. I certainly hope your day gets better! That is very upsetting, I'm sure!
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Yes it was especially as there were some photos of baby George on the phone which hadn't been uploaded to the computer.
@Gillygirl Oh, no! That hurts!!!! Hopefully, your daughter has millions of photos to share with you.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN Yes she does and I have some on my camera.
So sorry you had a bad day. Hope it gets better real soon.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Thankfully this week has been much better.
@Gillygirl good to know!
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Sounds like a bad start to your day. I'm sorry your husband's phone was stolen. Good thing you put a stop on it and your banking info.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
He has a new phone now which he will not leave in his pocket. The council collected the rubbish on Monday.
@Gillygirl It's good he won't leave it in his pocket anymore.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
Golly Gill. It hasn't been the best of days for you. I hope the find the person that stole your husbands phone. Did they get the trash picked up?
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
The rubbish has been picked up now. The police don't want to know about what they term as minor crimes.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Gillygirl Do I have to come over there and teach them how to be police officers?
@mandala100 (28122)
Oh I'm really so sorry to hear this my friend. There are days that we really have this kind of things. I hope thta everything will be alright soon my friend.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Thanks one of the most annoying things was that he had taken photos of our grandson when he was a day old. He hadn't uploaded them to the computer.
@mandala100 (28122)
@Gillygirl I understand you on that my friend.
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh dear that does rather sound like a bad start, seems there is only way to go from there.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Things have been much better this week.
@Freelanzer (6720)
One of those days. Hope things have been better and they managed to clean up that mess.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Yes the mess has been cleaned up and husband has a new phone. It was certainly one of those days.
@YrNemo (9306)
I have a number of similar days like that in the last 5 months. Not fun one bit! It must be a season of bad luck!
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Sadly these things happen. This week has been much better.
Husband always keeps his phone in his jeans pockets and I'm so paranoid he'll have it stolen. He assures me he'd be able to tell, but I bet he wouldn't. Hopefully we will never find out. Sorry your day was a bit pants. Are you sure it was stolen? Maybe it fell out of his pocket or something?
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
I wondered whether it had fallen but it was in his coat pocket which is quite deep.
That is a big "pig of a day". Sorry for this to happen to you.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
OH NO! I am sorry you day was bad. Good idea to stop that phone before trouble starts. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
Thanks, me too. I have read that details of people can be obtained from stolen phones. It wasn't valuable so I doubt whether it would be sold on.
@RubyHawk (21147)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's too bad. I hope nobody takes information from the lost phone. Do they know who dumped the trash. I hope it's cleared out soon.