A Sensitive Situation!

@YrNemo (5531)
Met my German neighbor suddenly that morning. I was so pleased to let her know that I knew her new neighbor, the British couple. Their youngest went to the same school with mine long time ago. The house is still being built but it is going to be finished soon. That British lady had suddenly approached me a few days ago to tell me that her family would move into my street. (She used to keep to herself, not keen to socialize with anyone so I am still puzzled of why she suddenly chatted to me.) Alas, my good news made the senior (in her early 80s) wrinkled her nose. Turned out her old husband made some water-soluble marks on the old fence (a week or so ago) to guide the fence man who was about to do the dividing fence for both properties. For that, the German was threatened with jail and physical violence by his new British neighbor & the neighbor's relatives. The cheerful senior wanted to tell me more, but I had to rush to an appointment so we parted. Let hope the old couple is going to be okay with their new neighbor. They have been there on that property for about 50 years. Do you get on well with your neighbors? (Mine have been very good to me so far (knock on wood!).)
@SonjaRae (5797)
I don't have much interaction with my neighbors. There is a couple that lives on one side of me that I do speak to but it's usually only when they want to borrow something
@YrNemo (5531)
So it is that sort of 'friendship'! Do they return things promptly?
@SonjaRae (5797)
@YrNemo no they've never returned anything! They are an older couple and the wife is the one who I need stamps I need only three but never says here's some money. I've lived here for four years so it's finally gotten to be Annoying! The last time she asked me for stamps I told her I didn't have any so she said well you can run by and buy some and then I only need three! Guess what I didn't get stamps
@YrNemo (5531)
@SonjaRae You have to learn to make your face looks a bit less pleasant next time they knock on your door . Do a very grumpy or angry face, and try to frighten the hell out of them with some sort of nasty voice. Neighbors who treat you like dirt like that is not good seriously.
@stbrians (11821)
• Kakamega, Kenya
We get on well despite small problems here and there
@YrNemo (5531)
Ouch re: the small problems. Seriously, I have few complaints re: one of my neighbors too, but she can't understand English, and I can't speak Chinese. We sort of quit and just grinned at each other.
@kobesbuddy (10955)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Most of our neighbors have been wonderful people. Now, we have a neighbor who doesn't like anybody!
@YrNemo (5531)
As long as there is no war, I think the neighbors could be grumpy for all we care, right?
@kobesbuddy (10955)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@YrNemo Grumpy is no problem, physically doing nasty things, no way.
@YrNemo (5531)
@kobesbuddy (One of my neighbors was like that, he just looked at me like he got a tummy ache. For three years I tried to make him smile back. Well, he sold the place and moved away. The current neighbor is not bad .)
@sol_cee (12900)
• Japan
Do you happen to have a Japanese neighbor? Or Filipinos perhaps? ;)
@YrNemo (5531)
No. Do you plan to teach me some scary words to scare them away or something?
@sol_cee (12900)
• Japan
@YrNemo hahaha why do you assume the worst in me? lol
@YrNemo (5531)
@vsai2008 (7632)
My neighbors are noisy, we get along okay. Having pleasant people around is great, you have been lucky !!
@YrNemo (5531)
Let hope my neighbors won't sell to some developers in a hurry. Would hate it if they begin to build about 50 flats there next to our humble place.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@YrNemo Oh no, that would be terrible, I hope that never happens, fingers crossed
@Kind4321 (873)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Seems there is some bad blood already.I hope they work out their issues.Maybe being neighbours is for a good cause,It might be the beginning of a solid relationship in future. Well growing up we were really close with my neighbors and it was a friendly community.Where I stay now its apartments so everyone with His own life.I can't tell you the last time i saw my immediate neighbor.
@YrNemo (5531)
I haven't seen the neighbor at the back of my property for about a year, only saw their black cat every now and then.
@Kind4321 (873)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@YrNemo Hahaha!so I'm not alone,,,Is it that they do not come out or maybe your timings are just different.
@YrNemo (5531)
@Kind4321 Everyone drives car here, so they might have jumped on their car, leaving their driveway and never need to see any neighbor (same with me of course!).
I go on very well with all our neighbors. We do not socialize a lot, but we exchange a few words when we meet while working in the garden or bringing the garbage bags to the bin.
@YrNemo (5531)
Do you often give each other foodstuff? My old neighbors often did that, very funny actually since I explained to one, that I wouldn't be able to give her any foodstuff in return (she made wonderful challah). The new one often gives me some veggie she has in her front garden. I have no clue what to give her back (They are Chinese, I can't speak their language and they can't speak English).
@YrNemo We all have a vegetable garden and fruit trees, so in season when we have too much of a product we offer to the other neighbors. Soon I will receive figs from one of my neighbors, I still have tomatoes and I will give those in exchange.
@YrNemo (5531)
@LadyDuck I only have flowers in my garden. Don't think that neighbor is keen with flowers. Guess she still remembers the time I protected her bike from being pinched a long time ago when she first visited the neighborhood.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear I hope this will be sorted Darcy. Sounds dubious. I dont really speak much to neighbors here it is not that way here but no one bothers anyone good enough.
@YrNemo (5531)
Same here, we don't really speak to all of our neighbors, even though we have been here for a decade almost.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@YrNemo Yes the apartments here are that kind of community..no spirit just people living day to day.
Yes I do, just one that drinks a lot I dont have much to do with.
@YrNemo (5531)
The suburb we were at before, some neighbors were constantly having troubles with the police. We heard kids crying, adults screaming very often. One such neighbor just disappeared one night, left all his furniture behind. Very peculiar. (after not paying rent for a few months we were told.)
@Freelanzer (6366)
Hope they are able to work it out. Not good when you move into a new neighborhood and greeted with conflict instead of a pie.
@YrNemo (5531)
It would be a pity. The seniors are nice, they like chatting to people.
I guess they had trouble and got pre occupied from seeing other neighbors. At least she had a chat with you.
@YrNemo (5531)
She has been telling me of all developments related to this building project for more than a year now . (They are a lonely couple in a sense.)
It does not sould too good for the elderly coule perhaps the Briltish couple do not l i ke old people. some peopledo notlkeusd old folks at all
@YrNemo (5531)
My guess is the younger couple is still hyper with finally building a house of their dream. They are not bad people really, but right now, all the stress of dealing with tradesmen must have made the husband a bit too aggressive. (The German senior pointed that out!)
@Lucky15 (33769)
Uh oh. Well, i am fine with my neighbors. I think? Lol
@YrNemo (5531)
As long as they give you smiles every now and then, you are safe!
@Lucky15 (33769)
@YrNemo and they are inviting your when they have occassions. Hahaha
@YrNemo (5531)
@Lucky15 I swear only one of our neighbors invited us for a gathering so far. The rest just gave us vegetables from their gardens, or did the lawn for us. (Good enough I guess ).
Those pesky British! Always so rude to people ... *sigh*
@YrNemo (5531)
The funny thing is, I was about to introduce that British couple to another British couple (who are very gentle and live just a few doors away from that German family). I didn't in the end, the moment I found out about the latest clash.
@velvet53 (15389)
• Palisade, Colorado
I hope that they will be ok too. Keep us posted, please. I get a long with my neighbors as they are all a blessing in one way or another.
@YrNemo (5531)
Let hope they don't end up killing the messenger, the middle man (me!) . If that British couple intends to use me to pass certain bad messages to the senior couple, I could be in big trouble.
@velvet53 (15389)
• Palisade, Colorado
@YrNemo Maybe you should just stay away but keep an eye open to make sure the older couple is safe.
@sishy7 (25525)
We don't have problems with our neighbors although we don't really socialize with them either... Just waving and smiling whenever we happen to see each other while we're getting in or out our driveways... Oh, my husband does more than that whenever there's a chance, he would talk to the guys next door when he sees them...
Well..So far, they are ok but of course there are times they just don`t want to greet you with a smile
That can be tough to live somewhere a long time then suddenly have to deal with new neighbors. My neighbors dont bother me but my parents dont like them.
@YrNemo (5531)
There must be some old wars going on .
@YrNemo my parents are very territorial about their land.
@YrNemo (5531)
@shaggin considering that squatter rights exist, we do have to be careful. If you let a neighbor take over a small stretch of land for more than a number of years and not complaining, by right, the neighbor could claim it as theirs. Guess that neighbor pulled some tricks like that before to your parents.
@RubyHawk (20518)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's too bad. Living there 50 years and now trouble with new neighbors. I feel sorry for them.
@YrNemo (5531)
They are still very healthy (with a bit of health problem now and then which forces the lady to walk and walk every day), but if the new neighbor continues with this sort of trivial war, things would be very unpleasant for them indeed.
@RubyHawk (20518)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@YrNemo I hope the new neighbors use some common sense.
@KnehKnah (3517)
Oh! I hope this neighbors of yours will just live peacefully in their dwelling. Been in this subdivision since in was in Grade 3 (age 9). Am now 60 and still reside at the same lot (tho' different house as the original was razed by fire in 2006), with my family. Our neighbors? Oh! They're fun to be with despite the usual flood during heavy rain & typhoon! They're some of God's blessings to me & to my family.