2nd opinion

@peachpurple (12387)
Malaysia
When my late father in law had lung cancer, the doctor suggested that we should leave him as he was because the doctor doubt that my father in law could revive after the surgery. He was 78 years old . My sibling in laws didn`t seek for 2nd opinion of other surgeons or hospital because they agreed that my father in law could not stand the surgery with his frail body. So no treatment was given. If I were them, I would seek for another surgeon opinion, how to treat him in order to prolong his life. I find that his children are selfish, just keen to transfer all his money under their name before his death. Nobody cares about keeping him alive longer. He passed away in his sleep 6 months later. would you seek 2nd opinion from another doctor?
Did the doctor inform the patient? This is mandatory in our country because only the person concern is the one who has to take the decision.
@peachpurple (12387)
Nope, the doctor didn't inform my father in law about his sickness. He talked to his children instead and they decided to tell a white lie . I find that it is unfair for my father in law. He didn't know he had lung cancer when he passed away.
@peachpurple It surely was unfair and unacceptable. His children could have a personal interest in hiding the truth so that he could not treat his cancer.
@peachpurple (12387)
@LadyDuck yes, it was the money, they are after the money that he had in hand. Any, they did managed to get hold all his money before he passed away.
@tech40 (9221)
@peachpurple 78 years old is still powerful yet for them to decide that decision for him.. I'll go with second opinion regarding on this.. Probably other can do something about it
@peachpurple (12387)
I agree with you. I told my sibling in laws to go for 2nd opinion, know what they told me, SHUT UP, non of your business, that is MY DAD. So, what can I say then?
@tech40 (9221)
@peachpurple Maybe they're also looking for the expenses of doing 2nd opinion.. hmm I'm not sure with it..
@peachpurple (12387)
@tech40 I guess so, but he had a lot of $$ in hand. Why cannot spend it for treatment? He didn't bring it to his grave either.
@vsai2008 (7667)
I would go for the second opinion too, his children are really selfish though, that is really sad
@peachpurple (12387)
Yes they were, eventually, they did received all his money under thier name, he was left nothing but a coffin
@vsai2008 (7667)
@peachpurple I feel sorry for the old man, he had to see the true colors of his children, but what about your mother-in-law??
@peachpurple (12387)
@vsai2008 They brainwashed my mother in law too. They sort of "gang up" to lie about it. They say this is to "protect " him from further pain. I don't think so.
@gauti2483 (609)
I am very upset for your father in low
@peachpurple (12387)
too bad, he had passed away in 2009, he didn't know he had lung cancer because everyone kept the truth from him
@peachpurple it's OK now you can live a beautiful life
@peachpurple (12387)
@gauti2483 I guess you are right, I prayed for him
I would ask what the person with cancer wanted. Its his decision to take treatment or not.
@peachpurple (12387)
doctor advised NOT TO REVEAL the truth to my father in law that he had lung cancer. Instead told him a white lie that he had cold and cough. He said old folk couldn't take the truth, his health would deteriorate further. SO all his children agreed to lie to him. I find it unfair for my father in law. When he passed away, he didn't know he had lung cancer
@peachpurple (12387)
@andriaperry yeah, unfair isn't it?
@prashu228 (25814)
Ahh that's really sad. He should know what he is undergoing. Really sad..
@peachpurple (12387)
yes unfair indeed, I would curse and swear if my kids do that to me
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
Always look for a second opinion because your love ones deserve this even tho the situation looks grim. Doctors are not person they are human just like us just with degrees.
@peachpurple (12387)
i agree, different doctors have different knowledge and percentage of success
@Christinb (407)
That is so sad
@peachpurple (12387)
Yup
@riverwild (1276)
That's really awful. How sad.
@peachpurple (12387)
indeed it was and I felt so sorry for him too
@Tracy04 (10575)
I would do anything to make my parent's lives as long as possible. Karma will always take its turn. Just sit and watch. When it's time, God will give punishment to those who do bad.