Have You Ever Used Reverse Psychology?

Have you ever used that on anyone? Not using to be mean, but maybe to get them to leave you alone. Or to put them in their place. Or to make them realize that they can’t bother you like they think they can. It can be fun to do the opposite of what they think you will do. Or what they think you might do. The reactions from them can be something to see. Whether it’s friends, co-workers or even family, it can work.
I use it on people who are yelling at me or saying things just to get a rise out of me. Turn the tables and smile, say something like, oh are not feeling well? They ask why, I tell them from their words and actions I can tell they don't feel well. This actually happened yesterday. The client knew I was referring to her snapping at me. She stopped.
@ElusiveButterfly A good example of turning it around.
@kepweng (7344)
i have no idea what it means?
@Kepweng Doing the opposite of what someone would expect you to do is an example.
@YrNemo (9322)
Had to do that every now and then to some not nice people. Worked most of the time.
@prashu228 (24988)
I did at work. People are so mean sometimes and if we don't use that , they will crumble us in pieces..
I have used distraction sometimes..not really reverse psychology.
You mean like Sheldon Coopers Friends? LOL
Divertida escena en la que los chicos ayudan a Sheldon en su nivel de estrés. Episodio "The Anxiety Optimization". Temporada 8, episodio 13. Únete: https://w...
@Lucky15 (33730)
My nephews and nieces, i use it. and they get it. glad that they know what i really mean :)
@topffer (31752)
• France
Lol, there are enough stupid people doing unexpected things, that if I had also to deal with smart people doing reverse psychology, I would consider to move in a deep forest far away from human beings.
@topffer Oh no!
@Tracy04 (10616)
I'm interested to learn that. How to learn it?
@m_audrey6788 (13970)
Well..For me, using reverse psychology is not a good thing because if you don`t want a person to go just simply tell that person directly what you feel about it and leave. I find Reverse psychology disgusting because you`re playing around the victims feeling and might have a very dangerous effect on you or to the victims
@m_audrey6788 No it's not meant to be mean. Like if someone at work tries to make you mad, you simply react he opposite way and then their reaction can be priceless because you didn't react the way they hoped you would.
@Susan2015 ..Ah ok..I call it "Opposite reaction approach" It`s done to help you calmly ignores them and stops them by making them feel shame of their bully actions